Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    getting ready to tackle No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels- pretty sure she is going to kick my *kitten*, she always does- but I love it!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws! Was it just me or was MFP fauty all weekend? It wouldn't let me log on once. Very depressing! Had a great last weekend in Thailand, got a sore throat and a bad flu bug now though, so feeling a bit sorry for myself!

Challenges for this week aren't posted yet because Kelly is having internet issues (or maybe it is MFP). I think we should carry on with last weeks challenges until she can publish the interhouse ones.
    Have a good week Ravneclaws!
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

I am a little out of commission, I fell down a few stairs and sprained my ankle- luckily no broken bones. I have to wear a moon boot when I am out walking around, it is killing me that I can't go out and run. Hoping to be back to normal in a week or so.
  • momofJandA
    Options

exercise.png

I hated No More Trouble Zones- no cardio what so ever . . . I need my cardio. So I won't be doing that video again.
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Had a nice 4 day weekend. My son's 8th birthday was on Friday so I took him and his sister and some friends to the beach and a park. We went to an indoor playground and the beach again the next day. The third day we went to a carnival for 6 hours and watched the Canada Day fireworks. One the 4th day I did lots of yardwork and my hands and arms are really sore today. Lots of calories burned this weekend!

I hope you all had a good weekend too! :flowerforyou:

Datenshi
  • momofJandA
    Options
    drank my first diet soda in like 2 weeks- loved it, but I won't make a habit out of it!!

7 miles today- blisters on my toes are killing me, got some noncotton moisture wicking socks (as per some runner friends, hope it helps, plus will start putting powder in my socks

Hope everyone is having a good week
  • datenshi
    Options
    Hello my lovely Ravenclaws!

I started using Mio to flavour my water since I am not a fan of plain water. It tastes pretty good. :drinker:
    It has been scorching here the last week so I haven't gone hiking again yet since I am burnt enough from going to the beach. Hopefully this weekend I can go since I don't have any other plans yet.

Well I have to get back to the daily grind of work..lol.

Happy 4th of July to any Americans in the group!

Datenshi
  • momofJandA
    Options
    Happy 4th . . . . careful on those bbq foods- those calories add up quickly!

exercise.png
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July everyone. Be safe today
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws!

Yesterday was my last day at work in the school I've been at for three years. Today is my last day in Thailand. Talk about emotional! The kids cried, I cried, my friends cried....

Been eating crap, drinking and not exercising either, sigh. Back on the horse tomorrow!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello Ravenclaw. Back home after a week in NC for my dad's funeral. I'm exhausted and jet-lagged and dreading my next weigh-in. I lapsed back into old eating patterns and decided I wasn't going to fight it. It was easier to just go with the flow. Why isn't it as easy to slip back into healthy eating habits??

@Lottee - I can only imagine how difficult this move is for you! Hang in there!! :flowerforyou:
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws,

I haven't had a chance to check in lately - I moved in the middle of last month, and got behind on work and have been playing catch up ever since. Hopefully things are beginning to settle down a little. At least I've been sticking to my exercise schedule pretty consistently, and managed to lose weight in June, which I consider a miracle considering the stress level :-)

azsuzi - so sorry to hear about your dad - hope you are doing ok

momofJandA - I was reading about your foot problems - wicking socks should definitely help with the blisters, but it sounds like your shoes may be too small also, particularly the toe box - for the distances you are running, toenails coming off sounds a little severe - the general rule I was told at the running store where I get my shoes is that running shoes should usually be a full size larger than your normal shoes to allow room for when your feet swell while running. You may also want to try on a few different styles to find one with the right amount of roominess around the toes.
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I've been a terrible housemate and haven't been able to log in much at all lately (some issues with a storm taking out the power and the internet in the area), but I'm glad to hear that most of you are doing well.

Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your father. I'm terribly late, but my thoughts are definitely with you and your family. Wish there was more I could do.

Lottee1000 - Wow, that would be a really emotional time. I can understand the urge to splurge in that case, but it's good to hear that you're going to be jumping back in. :) That's what counts!

I'm going to be on my family vacation over the next several days, so I might not be updating for a bit again, but the Week 3 results have been posted in the Great Hall, and hopefully we'll have EOM June results posted by next week.
  • datenshi
    Options
    Just wanted to drop in and say a quick hi. Hi!

Got a migraine today so not very chatty at the moment.

I do hope you are all having a good week and drinking lots of water. :flowerforyou:

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • momofJandA
    Options
    Hey Ravenclaws!!!
    Feet are feeling much better. Went for an 8 mile run today without bandaids or any type of wrap and no new blisters. So the new socks are A+.

exercise.png
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Helllloooooooooo Ravenclaws!

Hi from England. Am finally home in UK, got six weeks here until leaving for my new adventure. It's nice to be back, weather is dreadful though! About 20 degrees C colder than what I left behind in Thailand, sigh!

Very quiet in here at the moment, how's it going Ravenclaws?
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Ooh, and here are the challenges for week two of July- as decided by Hufflepuff...

Food - Monitor your sodium levels! Each participant should have the sodium column in their diary and for every day they are 'under' the sodium 'goal', they should award themselves. For every day that the individual is under their sodium goal, they should award themselves 5 NEWTs (or OWLs, depending on the house's usual tracking system). As well as that, for every glass of water an individual has they should award themselves 1 NEWT/OWL, so 1 NEWT/OWL per glass.

Exercise - This week's exercise is crunches! For every set of 10 crunches an individual completes, they should award themselves 5 OWLs. A bonus 5 OWLs can be awarded for 60 minutes of exercise completed, and that can be any form exercise.

These are more complicated and will result in higher totals than our usual OWL system, so good luck with keeping track of them!
  • momofJandA
    Options
    Ooh, and here are the challenges for week two of July- as decided by Hufflepuff...

Food - Monitor your sodium levels! Each participant should have the sodium column in their diary and for every day they are 'under' the sodium 'goal', they should award themselves. For every day that the individual is under their sodium goal, they should award themselves 5 NEWTs (or OWLs, depending on the house's usual tracking system). As well as that, for every glass of water an individual has they should award themselves 1 NEWT/OWL, so 1 NEWT/OWL per glass.

Exercise - This week's exercise is crunches! For every set of 10 crunches an individual completes, they should award themselves 5 OWLs. A bonus 5 OWLs can be awarded for 60 minutes of exercise completed, and that can be any form exercise.

These are more complicated and will result in higher totals than our usual OWL system, so good luck with keeping track of them!

those will be MUCH higher totals than usual!!!
    Sodium, water, crunches- got it :)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options

Wow, haven't been tracking OWLs lately because I've been so busy but will try to track this week - I desperately need to drink more water, and the crunches fit right in with another challenge I'm doing where I'm shooting for at least 75 per day :-)
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if we're still tracking spirit OWLs with this new challenge format?