Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I will weigh in tomorrow, completely forgot today. Got the flu and sick atm so not sure if I'll be losing much :/.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Good question aszuzi, I'll ask Kelly. these new challenges are different that's for sure. It's raining in the UK, I miss Thailand!
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I want to make sure I am entering things correctly on the spreadsheet. So for the July 9th weigh-in where it has OWLs and House points, do I record the Week 1 OWLs and exercise I completed or do I leave that blank until the end of the week and I fill those in for the Week 2 challenges and exercise? I have always been doing it the first way.

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • jadery24
    jadery24 Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Jade, and I'm a new Ravenclaw! I joined this group a couple of weeks ago but didn't become active until today because I've been vacationing at Harry Potter World!!
    Anyway, not that I'm back, I'm super ready to get started. I'm doing a 24-hour fast to kick off the month. WOohoo!
    A little bit about myself - I'm from Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA - a city just southeast of Nashville. I'm 22 and will graduate in December with a degree in Music Education. I start student teaching next month and I'm REALLY nervous, both about the actual student teaching AND about keeping my fitness as I go through this stressful time. If anyone is a teacher and has any good advice, it would be greatly appreciated!
  • jadery24
    jadery24 Posts: 53
    Options
    Helllloooooooooo Ravenclaws!

Hi from England. Am finally home in UK, got six weeks here until leaving for my new adventure. It's nice to be back, weather is dreadful though! About 20 degrees C colder than what I left behind in Thailand, sigh!

Very quiet in here at the moment, how's it going Ravenclaws?

I was just in the UK a month ago! It was so nice. If you want heat, we can switch places for awhile. On July 1, Christiana, TN (a tiny town near where I live) was the hottest place on the ENTIRE planet! It's ridiculous.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Jade, and I'm a new Ravenclaw! I joined this group a couple of weeks ago but didn't become active until today because I've been vacationing at Harry Potter World!!
    Anyway, not that I'm back, I'm super ready to get started. I'm doing a 24-hour fast to kick off the month. WOohoo!
    A little bit about myself - I'm from Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA - a city just southeast of Nashville. I'm 22 and will graduate in December with a degree in Music Education. I start student teaching next month and I'm REALLY nervous, both about the actual student teaching AND about keeping my fitness as I go through this stressful time. If anyone is a teacher and has any good advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome Jade! I used to live in Nashville when I was a grad student - I really miss how pretty it was there (I'm in TX now, they've kind of outlawed nature here). Good luck with finishing up school and your student teaching. The one tip I would give you is just to commit to making time for fitness - the responsibilities will keep increasing, and you just have to stay strong and make time for you :-)
  • NikkiMustang77
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm back! [Presuming you don't mind my being back... ^^;] I've been gaining like crazy and it's not putting me in a good mood (21st birthday two days ago, all the liquid calories), especially since my foot is injured and I can't DDR, so maybe my Ravenclaws can help me out? House challenges look a bit interesting now.

It's been crazy hot here. I should remember, but is anyone else in the Midwest US? We hit 105F the other day here in Chicagoland. >.<

Sue - I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but I'm glad your last visit with him was a good one. *hugs*

Edit:
    Questions: Do we edit this magical spreadsheet ourselves or do we report things? I'm currently 166.6 and would like to get down to... 160, by the end of July. I should have started earlier, I have a convention at the end of July, but oh well.
  • datenshi
    Options
    Yay! The heat alert here has been lifted and it is cool enough to go hiking after work tonight with my kids. I am so excited!!! It has been two really long weeks since I have been able to go.

I hope you all are having a fantastico day! :flowerforyou:

Datenshi
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    At 9:30 last night, it was still over 100* F here. At 9:30 this morning, it was 98* F. So far though we haven't hit 120!! I'll count my blessings where they come.

As far as spirit OWLs go, since the OWLs aren't counted in any of the official inter-house challenges, I don't see why we can't continue counting them. I started the spirit challenge last year in an effort to keep the common room active - and it really seems to work so I would hate to have to eliminate it. Just sayin'....

Happy day to all!
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My ankle is still a bit sore from my sprain a week and a half ago, so I decided to take a nice 45 minute brisk walk. Felt great to be back out there again.

I also registered for the DIsney Princess Half Marathon which is being held on my Birthday, February 24th of next year. It takes place at Disney World and goes through Epcot and Magic Kingdom. I have some work to do to get ready for it, but I feel confident that I can do it.

Happy Tuesday Ravenclaws!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Ooh, and here are the challenges for week two of July- as decided by Hufflepuff...

Food - Monitor your sodium levels! Each participant should have the sodium column in their diary and for every day they are 'under' the sodium 'goal', they should award themselves. For every day that the individual is under their sodium goal, they should award themselves 5 NEWTs (or OWLs, depending on the house's usual tracking system). As well as that, for every glass of water an individual has they should award themselves 1 NEWT/OWL, so 1 NEWT/OWL per glass.

Exercise - This week's exercise is crunches! For every set of 10 crunches an individual completes, they should award themselves 5 OWLs. A bonus 5 OWLs can be awarded for 60 minutes of exercise completed, and that can be any form exercise.

These are more complicated and will result in higher totals than our usual OWL system, so good luck with keeping track of them!

So far (WEDNESDAY totals):
    water 34
    sodium 15
    crunches (100 a day both tuesday and wednesday: 10 sets a day so 50 owls a day) 100
    exercise 10
    Total: 159

this keeping track is going to get confusing so I will try to update daily (so i don't lose count :blushing: )

Monday I was sick as a dog so nothing but right on track for Tuesday and Wednesday!

Oh and for the extra 5 OWLS for 60 minutes of exercise- is that a day or throughout the week? So do I give myself 5 OWLS everyday I get 60 minutes or more of cardio, or do I wait until the end of the week and divide by 7? (I am sure this makes sense to NO ONE but me- sorry)
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Waaarrrggghhhh tracking these new challenges is spinning me out!!!

As for spirit, I don't think we track it for now. However I agree with Azsuzi that we should keep it going. I will ask Kelly about building it into forthcoming challenges.

In other news, I looooooove being home with my family! And tomorrow I see my boyfriend for the first time in six months, eeeeek!
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Long time no see! I wish I could say I have been busy, which is the truth for the most part, but there have also been lazy days where I just don't feel like getting my iPad/computer out......:indifferent:

I haven't really LOST anything since Easter... Three months of agonizing plateaus and maintaining and its driving me crazy!! I really need tongetnback on track with what is lt of my summer, because I have a busy semester ahead of me!!

I like the spirit OWLS because it does help drive my to keep the forums active.
  • datenshi
    Options
    I like to weigh-in on Fridays so I logged my weight and points, hopefully I did it right...lol.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!!:flowerforyou:

Datenshi
  • ostrich_tamer11
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Michelle and I'm new here. So seeing as this is my first post in this group, does that make me a member of Ravenclaw house?
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Michelle and I'm new here. So seeing as this is my first post in this group, does that make me a member of Ravenclaw house?
    Yup - you're a member! Welcome to Ravenclaw Michelle!! (love your user name btw :smile: ) Lottee is our HoH and will send you an email soon.

Happy Saturday everyone! I know I've been MIA a lot lately. Work has been crazy and I am having major issues understanding my statistics class. Between the two, there hasn't been much time for me, my exercise or MFP. But even if I'm not in here every day, know that I'm thinking about all of you and sending good vibes your way! :flowerforyou:
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    sorry I've been MIA this week- no real excuse . . . :(
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Had to share... :smile:

3638_175827192549883_847416410_n.jpg
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Hi all! Lots of people not around at the moment, still nice to see people popping in when they can though!!

In big news...We won the Quidditch cup for June! Whoop whoop! Let's try to keep it up in July!!

Challenges for this week are:

Food - Eat at least four servings of vegetables during the day.
    Exercise - Aim for 50 jumping jacks per day! You can split them up throughout the day or you can complete them all at once.

Should be a bit easier to cope with tracking this week!
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Poop! My eating has been out of control for the last week or so. Time to start fastidiously logging everything again! :frown: