Options

Replies

• LosingLizard
    Options
    Are you accepting more Hufflepuffs?
  • melanie_J
    melanie_J Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'd like to join Hufflepuff if ya'll will accept me :)
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    3/27:
    OWLs - 3
    NEWTs - 3
    House Points - 30
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i would like to join this common room as well
  • Ainsprid
    Ainsprid Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello! I'm Linda from the Netherlands, I'm 22 years old. I'd love to join Hufflepuff! I've always liked Hufflepuff for their intelligence and steady personality. I would love to add my points, but I can't figure out what to post daily and what to post weekly. And do I post it all here in separate, daily posts or do I post once a week with all my days' points?

Going for a run right now :)
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of you, shreddin_mama, melanie_J, losing lizards and sixela. We would love to have new members! Our head of house is Queeda. She is in the midst of an international move at the moment. According to Bron (our headmistriss), we are taking this week off to restructure things a bit, and we will be getting started this weekend. Please just add your name and post a starting weight /goal weight in our shiny new spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCoTRlaFXkodDZXZ2hZLUhlUEpKODdaSEhXR0FBWUE#gid=0

We have challenges both within our house and with the other houses
    Our weeks run Sun-Sat. we post our weekly weights on Sat, Sun or Mon

Within our house
    OWLS=exercise challenges
    NEWTS=food challenges
    We were changing them every 2 weeks, but have switched to monthly...this may change next month not sure yet. If any of you have ideas for challenges let us know. We can always use fresh ideas for challenges

Challenges With other houses
    House Cup: housepoints (HP)-minutes you exercise or are active. 1HP=1 minute of activity
    Quidditach Cup: Our monthly weight loss is calculated and house with the highest percentage of weight loss wins
    It can be quite confusing at first. Feel free to post questions. I am usually on in the mornings and occasional evenings
    Other Hufflepuffs...feel free to jump in with further information

Happy Thursday to all...
    Molly, great job with then of school being near...you will be Uni before you know it :)
    A challenge idea I had was for NEWTS was to pre planning your meals and snacks or maybe some sort of a recipe exchange
    owls are much harder for me to be creative. :smile:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    You only NEED to post your numbers weekly in the spreadsheet, which will be explained in more detail soon. You can post daily, and that's encouraged so you all can get to know each other and offer support (or talk about whatever, really).

I messaged Queeda, and this is what I asked of her:

To please choose a Deputy Head of House from those that have volunteered by next Wednesday, or I will nominate someone. (So, if you're interested, please make it very clear in the Common Room!)

If she chooses to step down entirely (which I hope is not the case), or I don't hear from her, by next Wednesday, I will choose a new Head and Deputy Head from the volunteers.

Just a heads up.

For now, does anyone want to post challenges, or would you be interested in sharing Gryffindor's challenges that will be posted later today? I'd prefer that someone interested in being Deputy create the challenges.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Also, thanks for the follow up Carolinagirl!
  • Ainsprid
    Options
    Thank you Carolinagirl and Bron! I filled in my starting weight and goal for April right away. Looks like I'm the first one lol. I'm very excited to hear about new challenges and think this is an awesome way to motivate.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Thank you Carolinagirl and Bron! I filled in my starting weight and goal for April right away. Looks like I'm the first one lol. I'm very excited to hear about new challenges and think this is an awesome way to motivate.

April weigh ins don't officially start until Friday (we weigh in between Friday and Monday every week, whatever works for you), So be sure to keep that in mind in future. :)

Just a reminder for all new students to check out the Inter-House Challenge Rules thread and make sure to read all the info so you don't miss anything! Welcome!
  • sixela0827
    Options
    i added to the doc as well, a little early i realize, but i am one of those people who needs to do things when they are thinking of it! i printed it out, and i am really excited about getting started, and am really glad to be here. good luck all!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    i added to the doc as well, a little early i realize, but i am one of those people who needs to do things when they are thinking of it! i printed it out, and i am really excited about getting started, and am really glad to be here. good luck all!

You will get plenty of reminders, so please please don't make posting early a habit! The weigh in dates keep it fair across all the Houses, it's not just me being picky :)
  • Ainsprid
    Options
    Bron, I removed myself from the spreadsheet because I realized I made the wrong choice in class :( I should be a Ravenclaw. Hope I don't get chased out of the Hufflepuff quarters, because I do like you guys!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Bron, I removed myself from the spreadsheet because I realized I made the wrong choice in class :( I should be a Ravenclaw. Hope I don't get chased out of the Hufflepuff quarters, because I do like you guys!

Oh, that's ok! I'm sure if you wanted to switch back sometime, that would be ok, too. Good luck!
  • Ainsprid
    Options

Oh, that's ok! I'm sure if you wanted to switch back sometime, that would be ok, too. Good luck!

Thank you! I felt so silly, but I guess it's not so bad then :)
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    I added my name and my goal to the spreadsheet. I like that the description for how to earn the points is on there!

3/28
    OWLs - 6
    NEWTs - 2
    House Points - 50
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    3/29
    OWLs - 3
    NEWTs - 3
    House Points - 30
  • carolinagirl7
    Options
    You only NEED to post your numbers weekly in the spreadsheet, which will be explained in more detail soon. You can post daily, and that's encouraged so you all can get to know each other and offer support (or talk about whatever, really).

I messaged Queeda, and this is what I asked of her:

To please choose a Deputy Head of House from those that have volunteered by next Wednesday, or I will nominate someone. (So, if you're interested, please make it very clear in the Common Room!)

If she chooses to step down entirely (which I hope is not the case), or I don't hear from her, by next Wednesday, I will choose a new Head and Deputy Head from the volunteers.

Just a heads up.

For now, does anyone want to post challenges, or would you be interested in sharing Gryffindor's challenges that will be posted later today? I'd prefer that someone interested in being Deputy create the challenges.

I know Queeda has been involved with her move, I hope she does not step down either. I am in a position to be a deputy at this time, however, I don't want to step on anyone or offend them. If anyone else really wants the position, that is fine with me. My job keeps me busy, but I usually am on the board most days. We can post our challenges. I know Molly was asking for ideas for challenges. It has been quiet on the board this week. If no one else posts challenges by tomorrow, I will post challenges. We can then collectively decide if we want to revert to q 2 weeks or continue once a month.
  • carolinagirl7
    Options

Looking forward to getting to know you. Completely understand about doing things when you think of it. I have decided I am NOT a successful multi tasker, though it is becoming a norm of work and society. I better do it when I think of it or else, it gets lost somewhere in this thing they call a brain :)
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i added my name as well. This sound like a fun way to get my butt in gear.