Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• desertlyzard
    desertlyzard Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all those joining! I think we can have an awesome house!
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    Slytherin Monthly check in sheet can be found at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdFZEMjlkZ3c5NkVxQ0Ffa003M2x5dnc#gid=0

Please add yourself and set you June goals so we can all encourage each other to move forward. More info about challenges and such will be coming soon, I'm sure

(not sure who the head of house, but please don't think I'm trying to take over, just want to see us make progress)
  • biggergirlsrun2
    Options
    :happy: Awesome-sauce! Thanks!
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    Hi all,

So it looks like the designated Head of House has been MIA, or at least she/he is not listed on the excel sheet anymore, so how about we just wing it as we figure it out, and build Slytherin in to the coolest house to be.

I'm in finals for the next three days, but then should have some time over the few weeks in between sessions to help get things rolling, but please please please jump in. One person does not make a house.

So, if you are interested in being an active part of Slytherin house, please go to the link, and enter your goals weight for June. :happy:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdFZEMjlkZ3c5NkVxQ0Ffa003M2x5dnc#gid=0

______

Weigh in for week two are due no later then end of day Monday, June 18th. Pick what ever day of the week works best for you and use that for your consistent weigh in due throughout the month. I'm going to use Sunday AM for mine.

House Points = the number of minutes you have exercised. Don't worry about the level of exercises, do what ever you can to help get you moving and record those minutes as house points.

Owls = special challenges each week. Since week one is almost over, I say lets skip it for this week, and I'll come up for next week and post it by the end of the day on Saturday.

Newts = food challenges. Same deal, we'll skip it for this week, and I'll post for next week on Saturday.

Weight and house points are all that is required for the between house challenges, so skipping OWLs and NEWTS for a week will still let us get off to a great start for June!

other then that, have a great day and know we are here to encourage, laugh, and share this adventure with you!
  • makinofastar
    Options
    This is what I'm doing for now, and next week I plan to restart 5k training. I did a 5k at the beginning of May, and then just kind of stopped lol. I don't have another 5k scheduled until December, but I really don't want to wait that long to start training again. Motivation is what kills me though.

http://downtownn.tumblr.com/post/2852195297/are-you-ready-this-plan-has-3-levels-let-me
  • Vegastei
    Vegastei Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    so for house point i put in the min of exercise i did this month so far right?
    So this month so far i exercised 8 days for a total of 227 min so with this i put in 227 and change it every time i exercise to increase it? Or is it only for 6/11 - 6/17 and i just started to late for the week before to count
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

So it looks like the designated Head of House has been MIA, or at least she/he is not listed on the excel sheet anymore, so how about we just wing it as we figure it out, and build Slytherin in to the coolest house to be.

DesertLyzard: I have been acting HoH and I am listed the spreadsheet, but as you have rightly pointed out, I've been MIA for a while because of work, but things have quietened down now, so I can be around more. We lost our HoH a while back and I offered to be deputy HoH whilst we found someone who commit full time, because I have a job which can suddenly go crazy and I sometimes go MIA which isn't fair on everyone else. However, we've struggled to find anyone who can commit so we've muddled by the best we can. I would LOVE for this group to be really active, so if you have the time to spare and are interested in becoming HoH full time with me as your deputy, please message kellyisfat (who posted earlier) and is Hogwarts Headmistress. I'd still like to be involved but can't manage on my own cos of the work commitments, when things are busy I can only really track on my phone app and you can't access forums on there.

Vegestei: You put down the minutes for each week and it will automatically calculate them for the month. So yep, you'd go from 6/11 to 6/17, MFP calculates it for you automatically on your exercise section if you add it in manually.

I'm going to add you all btw! :)
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    Hi all,

DesertLyzard: I have been acting HoH and I am listed the spreadsheet, but as you have rightly pointed out, I've been MIA for a while because of work, but things have quietened down now, so I can be around more. We lost our HoH a while back and I offered to be deputy HoH whilst we found someone who commit full time, because I have a job which can suddenly go crazy and I sometimes go MIA which isn't fair on everyone else. However, we've struggled to find anyone who can commit so we've muddled by the best we can. I would LOVE for this group to be really active, so if you have the time to spare and are interested in becoming HoH full time with me as your deputy, please message kellyisfat (who posted earlier) and is Hogwarts Headmistress. I'd still like to be involved but can't manage on my own cos of the work commitments, when things are busy I can only really track on my phone app and you can't access forums on there.

I'm going to add you all btw! :)

Hi!
    I am so sorry I missed that you are head of house. I was just going off the list on welcome page to Hogwarts castle which listed Kapeluza as head of household. I totally missed the change that you now taking care of things. We all have times when life gets a little crazy and need to step back for things for awhile, so no worries about being MIA for awhile. I totally understand that, and have the same challenges. It's my view that this boards should be a positive thing and if you want to benefit, then you can help out. It shouldn't be an extra burden for any one person. Maybe we can work on covering the duties together. I'm not sure what all is involved as head of house, but I will do whatever I can to help.

-Carrie (desertlyzard)
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Sounds good, woo hoo!

Friday is my weigh day, I dropped 3lbs this week, stoked!
  • Vegastei
    Options
    Great Job
    I weight in on Sunday i hope i also have great results
    Its so hard not to weight in ahead of time, i put my scale in an out of the way place so i have to make an effort to get it :)
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    great job on the drop poorcopies!

Vegastei, good idea on moving the scale if it helps makes the week less stressful. Its the little things like that, that can help make a difference.

I"m expecting a bad weigh in this week. I've been traveling and making really bad food choices on the road, with little to no exercise, but we shall see. I'm going to have to wait and weigh on Monday this week since I don't get home until after midnight on Sunday,
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Thanks! I also can become obsessed with checking the scale, I was on it again today, it's lower still but I only ever count my weigh in on Friday morning.

I was thinking about the challenge for week 3, let's go with this if everyone is happy with it:

WEEK THREE: 17th - 23rd June 2012

OWLs - Up to 2 per day for each day you complete the following,

Try to do 10,000 steps a day. If you have a pedometer / fit bit etc, use that. Otherwise on average, 10,000 steps is around 60 minutes of walking a day. 2 Owls if you achieve 10,000 steps or 60 mins of walking a day / 1 OWL if you make 5,000 or 30 mins.

NEWTs - 1 Point per day for each day you do the following:

Water - take 1 NEWT for every day you hit your eight glasses of water.

SPEWs: These are added bonus points!

1 SPEW point for every day you post in this thread.

This starts tomorrow, so have a good week folks!
  • Vegastei
    Options
    I love these challenges
    atm i'm obsessed with my pedometer :)
  • makinofastar
    Options
    Thanks for the challenges! I have a pedometer somewhere... I know I just saw it a day or two ago, but I bet I won't find it know that I need it lol!
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    I think those are great challenges! Thanks!!
  • Vegastei
    Options
    good morning all and good luck this week
    Didn't walk nearly as much as i wanted to yesterday only 6000 step but the day before i logged over 16000 so i think it averages out

Anyway i'm pretty competitive with myself so if there are challenges out there i feel i need to complete them, hence why i'm posting this so i get my SPEW for the day :)

So again good luck for this week and you will be hearing from me everyday !!!
  • poorcopies
    Options
    YAY! Nice work peeps! Remember to log your calories / exercise minutes for house points here please: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdFZEMjlkZ3c5NkVxQ0Ffa003M2x5dnc#gid=0

Have a happy Monday! :)
  • biggergirlsrun2
    Options
    Love the challenges, especially the water one! I try really hard to stay hydrated, but some days it's a challenge for me (except on days when i run- then I gulp water like it's my job haha).

I will try hard to do the walking challenge also- however, I lack a pedometer. Luckily, my job keeps me on my feet more often than not. Plus, I'm going shopping today so I know I will be walking for at least an hour. Woot!

So psyched! Hope everyone else has a great day too!
  • makinofastar
    Options
    My pedometer kept turning off today... which was extremely irritating. I'm planning jogging tomorrow, so I think that will count for my points then. I didn't do well with water today either lol. Tomorrow is a new day though!
  • poorcopies
    Options
    If you don't have a pedometer 10,000 steps = 1 hour walking 5,000 steps = 30 mins walking :)