Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I had inflamed the tendons in my knee so I haven't been online the best couple of days, sorry!

Hope everyone is good!
  • desertlyzard
    desertlyzard Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I took an internet free day yesterday but hope those of you had the day off, had a great day! Went out to Mexican food and ate way to much!

@ poorcopies, how's the knee doing? that sounds really painful.

@ furhmeister, awesome job on the three days in a row!! I didn't get through the exercises in the challenge yesterday, but did do some bike riding and speed bag work. I'm going to go do the challenge exercises right now. thanks for the inspiration!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was another reasonable day was a few cals over but I managed to be less than 100over after eatign Thai for dinner.

Completed exercise again yesterday. It reminds me how out of shape I am. I used to be able to do crunched forever and now 20 in a row gets a little tough towards the end. So glad I am doing these daily exercises.

Pts.

S- 0
    M-3
    T-4
    W-3
    Th-3
    F- 1 so far.
    Total: 14

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    Great job furmeister! Everyday helps retrain the muscles. I've been doing ok with the crunches and Jumping jacks. The pushup have had to been a modified plank style, and the squats really hurt my knees, so have been avoiding those but been trying lunges instead. Not very consistently this week, but enough for a few Owls.

poorcopies - how the knee doing? I hope the swelling has gone and its starting mend.

Well I'm off to spend my Saturday shampooing carpets, should be a "fun" day.
    Enjoy everyone!
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    nothing good to eat today and no exercise, guess I better do better tomorrow. Good night all.
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    Hi All.

since July is an interhouse challenge month, is there a different spreadsheet where we need to log in our info?
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    hello all, I had a bad weekend food and exercise wise but I am pround of my challenge results form last week. I earned 17pts for the week. I need to p[ut all my info in teh spreadsheet I keep forgetting when I get home. So what is teh challenge for this week?

No weight loss for last week, so i am hoping ofr a good one this week.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Vegastei
    Vegastei Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i have not done much last week but starting anew this week.
    Hope everyone is well :)
    O and were do i log my weight for this week, new spread sheet?
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    Here for my daily check in. Was way over yesterday but proud of myself for logging. Planning to be under my cals and under 100 carbs today.

Have a healthy day everyone!
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    Morning all,
    Didn't to bad on calories yesterday, but did not get the walking in that I wanted. Tonight is bowling night so I know I"ll least get some exercise in too. Need to make some healthy plans for dinner.

Have a great day!
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    Challenges for week two for the interhouse challenge (stold these from another house, so I hope they are correct......)

here are the challenges for week two of July- as decided by Hufflepuff...

Food - Monitor your sodium levels!
    Each participant should have the sodium column in their diary and for every day they are 'under' the sodium 'goal', they should award themselves. For every day that the individual is under their sodium goal, they should award themselves 5 NEWTs .
    As well as that, for every glass of water an individual has they should award themselves 1 NEWT, so 1 NEWT per glass.

Exercise
    This week's exercise is crunches! For every set of 10 crunches an individual completes, they should award themselves 5 OWLs. A bonus 5 OWLs can be awarded for 60 minutes of exercise completed, and that can be any form exercise.

These are more complicated and will result in higher totals than our usual OWL system, so good luck with keeping track of them!
  • biggergirlsrun2
    Options
    Hey y'all,

I was just Wondering where the spreadsheet is for July?

Thanks!
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    Hey y'all,

I was just Wondering where the spreadsheet is for July?

Thanks!

working on getting it updated. Hopefully by days end tomorrow we will be current and kicking some more butt of the other houses!
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    Morning all,

I think the spreadsheet is up and ready to go so LET'S GO SLYTHERIN!!

Hope you all a great day and don't forget to count those glasses of water for extra points in the challenge this week.
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    Ok, so I need to go total up my points, I am an awesome water drinker! but I don't worry too much about sodium personally. I have done a ton of reading on it. The body easily adjusts to diffrent levels of sodium provided that you eat a similar amount each day and have healthy kidneys. PM me if you want me to find a link to the article. That being said my sodium is uasually in the recomended range unless I eat out.

I must put a reminder on my phone to add myself to the spreadsheet. I guess my points for last week didn't count since I never logged into the spreadsheet. Bummer. Is the new spreadsheet the same linnk as on the previous page.

BTW waht day of the week do challenges begin?

Time to get in some crunches.

Have a great day all.
  • biggergirlsrun2
    Options

working on getting it updated. Hopefully by days end tomorrow we will be current and kicking some more butt of the other houses!

Thank you!! You're the best! :)
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    Ok, so I need to go total up my points, I am an awesome water drinker! but I don't worry too much about sodium personally. I have done a ton of reading on it. The body easily adjusts to diffrent levels of sodium provided that you eat a similar amount each day and have healthy kidneys. PM me if you want me to find a link to the article. That being said my sodium is uasually in the recomended range unless I eat out.

I must put a reminder on my phone to add myself to the spreadsheet. I guess my points for last week didn't count since I never logged into the spreadsheet. Bummer. Is the new spreadsheet the same linnk as on the previous page.

BTW waht day of the week do challenges begin?

Time to get in some crunches.

Have a great day all.

Crunch crunch crunch, better than a chip, crunch crunch crunch....at least that's what i tell myself during set. =)

We can get some clarification next week when poorcopies is back, but my understanding is that the challenges run Monday thru sunday and you can weigh in and record point anytime until Tuesday of the following week. go ahead and log your points for last week. since this is a month log challenge between houses, it would be good to have everything there that we can.

I'm not sure I did the spreadsheet right, but as near as i can tell it is clear out at the end of every month so we can always use the same link, and no one has to redo the formulas for house comparison. Again, we can clarify next week.

Have a great evening/day everyone!
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    excellent, just put a reminde int eh phone to add myself ot the spreadsheet this evening. i am so bad about that b/c I can't do it at work.

60 crunches yesterday. My total pts so far from Mon-Wed are 72. I plan to rock the water and crunches for the rest of the week. Today looks good for sodium so far was at 2700 yesterday.

Have a great day everyone.
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    I finally put my info on the spreadsheet. I need to get to crunching. Some many points to be had. I am up to 87 pts so far.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    Have a great weekend everyone! Enjoy what ever activities you choose do, but just get up and get moving'! (at least that's my approach as homework tries to ties a chain to my desk)