Slytherin Common Room

Options

Replies

• Vegastei
    Vegastei Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great today and completed all of the challenges.
    Hope everyone else is also doing well
  • makinofastar
    Options
    I got my exercise in today! I forgot my water bottle at home, so I didn't meet that goal. Try again tomorrow!
  • Vegastei
    Options
    WOOT!!!!!
    passed 5000 steps and its only 7 am here :)

Good Morning / Day all Hope u all have a great Wednesday

FYI walking in the morning then having coffee apparently make me quite chipper :)
  • desertlyzard
    desertlyzard Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    WOOT!!!!!
    passed 5000 steps and its only 7 am here :)

Good Morning / Day all Hope u all have a great Wednesday

FYI walking in the morning then having coffee apparently make me quite chipper :)

Way to go! hope the chipper feeling carries through your entire day!

Forgot to track my walking but I know I do at least a half hour a day just in my normal day. I make circles between the floors of my building for breaks and usually go for a short walk at lunch. didn't quite make my water yesterday, and boy can I tell. After a week or so of drinking a lot of water my system misses it when I don't.

Have a great Wednesday everybody!
  • makinofastar
    Options
    On the right track for water today, and getting ready to go for a jog once the kids are down for a nap! I find that being on summer break is making me so lazy. I have nothing to do but clean and take care of my kids so I end up just sitting around on the computer. I can't seem to get my motivation up to do anything!
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    On the right track for water today, and getting ready to go for a jog once the kids are down for a nap! I find that being on summer break is making me so lazy. I have nothing to do but clean and take care of my kids so I end up just sitting around on the computer. I can't seem to get my motivation up to do anything!

are the kids old enough to go on walk with you? making it some sort of photo scavenger hunt or something was always fun, but I hear you. I love being outside in the sun, but its tough to stay motivated sometimes when the schedule gets all moved around
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Glad to see everyone is doing well with the challenges!

For July, it's been decided that we will do challenges as Hogwarts as a whole, so basically, each house picks a challenge for one week, Slytherin has week 4. Any suggestions for challenges? This is a group effort after all! I will post the challenge for next week either tomorrow or Saturday, so everyone knows how they are doing.

Have a great day everyone! :)
  • Vegastei
    Options
    Don't think i'm going to make 10000 steps today. I didn't get a chance to walk before work and now its 100 deg out so walking is going to have to wait until tomorrow.

As for the challenges i don't have a preference to which one is picked, but i have to say that i like "10000 step one" make me aware of how much movement i did that day :)

Hope everyone is having a great day !!
  • biggergirlsrun2
    Options
    Hmmmm. not really sure what a fun challenge would be. A practical one would be the 8 cups a day water challenge, especially considering how hot this summer is going to be!
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    happy friday all,

sounds like some good progress is being made by all so way to go!!

I'll have to think about some ideas for a house challenge. it would be fun if we could find a way to reference or tie it to the Slytherin house from the HP series.

Anybody have fun plans for the weekend? if the rain holds off, I'm hoping to do some u-pickin of strawberries.

Enjoy the weekend, and lets keep wearing out those shoes with all the walking.
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    Question: does carbonated water with lemon count toward the daily goal of drinking enough water?
  • Vegastei
    Options
    Question: does carbonated water with lemon count toward the daily goal of drinking enough water?
    i would think that it would.

So i went to famous dave's tonight so im over my calorie allowance but not too much...made sure to do my exercise today tho :) and only drank water all day to help with the salt tonight
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Enemies of the Heir Beware
  • desertlyzard
    Options
    :drinker:

TAG - You are it! If you read this post, go drink a glass of water

(and come up with the next tag if you feel so inclined. i.e. stretch to the ceiling, do five push ups at whatever level you can), walk around the insides walls of our house (start in one room and follow the walls around every room until you get back to the start point, or what ever else you can think of, and of course, drinking water is always a fair choice)
  • Vegastei
    Options
    Ok You got me.....going to drink the water now.

Hope everyone is having a great satuday :)
    Today i walked 3.3 miles so the water was well needed lol

For the next Tag go do 20 jumping jacks
    Have fun everyone and talk to ya later
  • Vegastei
    Options
    WOOT down 1.2lb

Hope everyone has a great Sunday
  • makinofastar
    Options
    I haven't done much today. Tropical Storm Debby was here visiting us most of the day. It seems to have calmed down for the night. Hoping that she decides to move her butt out of the gulf so we don't have a lot of flooding.
  • Vegastei
    Options
    Hope all went well with Debby

My pedometer is broken from going on a log flume yesterday and it got really wet :(. So i made sure to walk 1 hr today before work to make sure that i go over 10000 steps today

Anyway Happy Monday all
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Congrats on your losses people!

Sorry it's late, but here is the challenge for this week:

WEEK 4 - 24th June -30th June

OWLs - 2 per day for each day you complete the following:

40 Minutes - get 2 OWLs for each day you complete a 40 minute session of exercise, be it a walk, the gym, strength training, but a continious session. 1 OWL for each day you do a 20 minute session.

NEWTs - 1 Point per day for each day you do the following:

Try to be under or over by no more than 50 cals of your calorie goal. 1 NEWT for each day you achieve this.

As from next week, our challenges will be set by all houses. We need to think of ours! I like the idea Desertlyzard had of trying to make them Slytherin themed.
  • poorcopies
    Options
    Also, don't forget to check in here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdFZEMjlkZ3c5NkVxQ0Ffa003M2x5dnc#gid=0

Annnnd the last thing, we should all try and go on a recruitment drive for Slytherin. Post in thread, on your pages etc!