Great Hall

azsuzi
azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
Welcome to Hogwarts! This is a common area for anyone from all houses to meet and enjoy a bit of inter-house fun!

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Oooh are we going to have slytherins again? Maybe I should re-sort! But i'm pretty sure Ravenclaw is where I'm meant to be.

Thanks for setting this up Sue, I'm excited!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Oooh are we going to have slytherins again? Maybe I should re-sort! But i'm pretty sure Ravenclaw is where I'm meant to be.

Thanks for setting this up Sue, I'm excited!

Slytherins have been back since September!! :smile:
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    *waves* Hello everyone :)
  • azsuzi
    Hello all! I just received Slytherin's stats for last week and will post the inter-house results when I get home tonight. Sorry for the delay this week!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Can anyone tell me how this works? What are the points for and how can I start reporting them? (And to whom do I report them?) I'm in Hufflepuff House but that's all I know at this point....
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Can anyone tell me how this works? What are the points for and how can I start reporting them? (And to whom do I report them?) I'm in Hufflepuff House but that's all I know at this point....

Here's a breif description:

For all of the Houses, we post how many minutes we exercised and our new weight for the week. You can pick any day between Friday and Monday to weigh in, as long as you include your info for 7 days. The Head of Houses (HoH) keep track of this info and track the average minutes earned from the house, which is used to determine House Points towards winning the House Cup for the month.
    The percentage of weight lost for the team is calculated by the HoH and the overall percentage lost for the House is used to determine the winner of the Quidditch Cup. (Bragging rights: Slytherin won last month! ^_^)

Each house then has their own weekly food and exercises where you can earn OWLs and NEWTs. Most of the HoHs use these to determine who the Prefects will be for each group. I myself pick monthly... not sure about the other houses.

Here is the link to the original blog post our Headmistress, Bron, made: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613

I believe that the Head of House for Hufflepuff is lhurtubise. I don't know how she prefers people to report, so you'll have to double check with her! :smile:
  • azsuzi
    OK Hogwarts - November Week 1 Results are in!!

House................Quidditch..............House Points
    Gryffindor........... 0.451%................413.77
    Ravenclaw.........0.357%................208.8
    Hufflepuff............0.830%................560.9
    Slytherin..............0.779%................421.43

Hufflepuff wins the first Quidditch Match of November!

Hufflepuff is also leading in House Points!

Congratulations Hufflepuff on a fantastic week!
  • thefifthvalue
    thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
    Hi! Is it still possible for me to join a house? (Can't tell if this is an ongoing, closed group or not...) Also, how do I sort myself, or are we pulling a Harry and choosing which house we want to be in (or, I guess, which house we definitely don't want to be in) :)
  • thefifthvalue
    thefifthvalue Posts: 93 Member
    Never mind! Saw this was answered in another thread.
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Yay! Hufflepuffs!!
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    congratulations hufflepuff, but next week belongs to the ravenclaws!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    YES! I finally found this! I was so confused with this new format ... Yay for the Hufflepuffs! We are a small but dedicated group. Hopefully we can get some new members though!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    stopping by to say HI to all!! have a great week everyone.
    GO RAVENCLAW!!!
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Evening chaps and chapettes, just putting this here so I can find it later.

Hufflepuffs rule OK!
  • Mymag
    Mymag Posts: 83 Member
    i'ma hufflepuff! how does this work? do i have to talk to my head of house? how do i find them? lalala i don't know what i'm doinggggggg also does this mean i have to keep track my food and exercise more? cuz i'll do it for my hufflepuffs, but at the moment usually i'm pretty bad at keeping track
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    i'ma hufflepuff! how does this work? do i have to talk to my head of house? how do i find them? lalala i don't know what i'm doinggggggg also does this mean i have to keep track my food and exercise more? cuz i'll do it for my hufflepuffs, but at the moment usually i'm pretty bad at keeping track

I am the Head of House for Hufflepuff. I see you already found our common room, but you definitely have to start tracking more with the food and especially the exercise. The Hufflepuffs are tough competitors!
  • Mymag
    Okay, absolutely!! I'm tough too, promise! :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    I'm so glad to see so many new faces at Hogwarts! I'm going to make a sticky topic with the rules and where you can post questions about logistics. With the groups function, it would be easier if we just keep The Great Hall open to post the weekly results and general chit chat instead of asking questions about the challenge here.
  • Mymag
    I'm going to make a sticky topic with the rules

thaaaaaaaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    I'm going to make a sticky topic with the rules

thaaaaaaaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

You're welcome! Sorry it took so long. If you're new, you don't know that I was gone last week and things kind of exploded with the Groups function starting :)