Great Hall

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Here are the long awaited results for January so far!

407959_605258097553_179201885_32449092_2052469351_n.jpg

Ravenclaw won the Quidditch Match for week one, and Gryffindor won the Quidditch Match for week two! Congrats to both Houses!

Hufflepuff is in the lead overall for the House Cup, and Gryffindor is in the lead for the Quidditch Cup! Again, great work both Houses!

I'm waiting for the results from Hufflepuff for Week 3, then those will be up asap as well. Good luck with the rest of your week! Finish January strong!

Here's the Rules Blog, where you can find links to the pics (no one has officially won any of these awards yet, but I'm just putting it out there): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Bron! :) And congrats to the current leaders, Hufflepuff and Gryffindor!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bron! Wish I hadn't asked mind you, we Ravenclaws must try and do better!!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bron! Wish I hadn't asked mind you, we Ravenclaws must try and do better!!

Awww - we can get away with our low numbers because everyone knows Ravenclaw's the best house around!! :wink:
  • amber10101
    amber10101 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    On Valentines Day, I think it's good to remember to take care of our hearts, today and every day!

If you've not yet seen this video, I think it's worth the 10 minutes to watch!

Amber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aUaInS6HIGo
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Here's the (incredibly long awaited) JANUARY RESULTS!

I'm just going to skip to the end, here, and give the totals:

421664_612033858873_179201885_32471540_1741803429_n.jpg

It looks like Slytherin takes the House Cup!

And Gryffindor takes the Quidditch Cup!

Great work in all the other Houses, too!

Our Head Boy and Girl are as follows:

Kelsue35 from Gryffindor with 5495 HPs

and

Troy67 from Slytherin with 4751 HPs

***Badges and Cups in both sizes are at the bottom of the rules blog here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Hi guys, just wondering - is the end of March for our challenge Monday March 26 (which is four weeks) or do we add a week to make the end of month weigh-in on April 2nd, making March five weeks? If so, need to edit the spreadsheet to add a week. Happy first of March!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Hi guys, just wondering - is the end of March for our challenge Monday March 26 (which is four weeks) or do we add a week to make the end of month weigh-in on April 2nd, making March five weeks? If so, need to edit the spreadsheet to add a week. Happy first of March!

It's always 4 weeks no matter when they fall so no one has to fuss with stuff like this :) Sorry I didn't see this sooner!
  • kellyisloved
    Options

It's always 4 weeks no matter when they fall so no one has to fuss with stuff like this :) Sorry I didn't see this sooner!

Are we going to skip a week in April then? Unfortunately, if we count Mar 26th as the final week for March and end it at 4 weeks, then we have five full weeks within April. Does it end early and we skip 4/24 - 4/30 or do we skip that first week from 3/27 - 4/4?
  • azsuzi
    Options

Are we going to skip a week in April then? Unfortunately, if we count Mar 26th as the final week for March and end it at 4 weeks, then we have five full weeks within April. Does it end early and we skip 4/24 - 4/30 or do we skip that first week from 3/27 - 4/4?

I think we should just use March 26 as our final March weigh in and use April 2 as our first April weigh in. Each house can keep doing their own challenges as usual, but the inter-house challenge would take a break for a week.
  • kellyisloved
    Options

I think we should just use March 26 as our final March weigh in and use April 2 as our first April weigh in. Each house can keep doing their own challenges as usual, but the inter-house challenge would take a break for a week.

That sounds good to me. So we would start April 2nd with our April starting weight and our first official weigh-in week for the inter-house challenge would be 4/9, right?
  • azsuzi
    Options

That sounds good to me. So we would start April 2nd with our April starting weight and our first official weigh-in week for the inter-house challenge would be 4/9, right?
    Yes - 4/9 would be the week 1 April weigh-in.
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Sounds like the best solution to me!- We're going to have to do things like this occassionally to fit four weeks into months aren't we, would be so much easier if all the months had exactly 4 weeks.

(note- life would generally be easier if weeks had an even number of days as well, don't you think?!)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options

Yes - 4/9 would be the week 1 April weigh-in.

That's fine with me.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just another student out of bed wandering the Great Hall at night.
  • kellyisloved
    Options

Well, you better get yourself back in the dungeons before curfew, young lady!

Lol, now that my HoH side has had its moment, how are things with you? :) Things getting sorted in Slytherin?
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Well, you better get yourself back in the dungeons before curfew, young lady!

Lol, now that my HoH side has had its moment, how are things with you? :) Things getting sorted in Slytherin?

I think things are getting better. There is really is no confusion or frustration over their right now. We just need more members. I think that only 5 people weighed in this week including myself. I'm also trying to figure out ways to have the group form be more active.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Oh hai :) I just joined Gryffindor and wanted to say hello to one and all :flowerforyou:
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I too just joined Griffindor and am trying to find my way around the castle.

Hi everyone.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    *drumroll please*

It feels so good to have things sorted out again and to be posting results for you all!

Here are the numbers for April Week 1:
    sphdoo.jpg

Hufflepuff is in the lead for the House Cup AND won this week's Quidditch Match by a land slide!

(For the newcomers, House Cup is determined by House Points, and Quidditch Cup is determined by weight loss percentage. Each week is a match.)

Great work to start us off, Badgers!

How is everything going? Anyone having trouble adjusting to the changes? I hope to really keep us moving and having fun! :)