Great Hall

Options

Replies

• agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I never got answer in other thread so going to ask here, what is a Spew? I don't know what to put for that….

thanks...
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I never got answer in other thread so going to ask here, what is a Spew? I don't know what to put for that….

thanks...
    Your house might not track SPEW points. I'm a Ravenclaw and we only track OWLs, but other houses track NEWTs and/or SPEWs. They are points earned for in-house challenges. The House Points for exercise minutes are used for the inter-house challenge.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Just wanted to let you know that I am going to be leaving the group. For a while at least. I am moving at the end of June to be with my fiance who I met here on MFP. I am working 7 or more shifts per week to make as much money as I can before then and with trying to keep getting my exercise in to maintain my weight I don't have much time to do any extra as far as participation and keeping track of newts, owls, etc. Last week I had 4 nights where I only got 4 hours of sleep.
    I will see about coming back after I move, hopefully. It should calm down after that. lol You all take care and keep kicking butt. Good luck with your goals and efforts.

Troy

Yukon, Oklahoma (soon to be North Ridgeville, Ohio)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

thanks...
    Your house might not track SPEW points. I'm a Ravenclaw and we only track OWLs, but other houses track NEWTs and/or SPEWs. They are points earned for in-house challenges. The House Points for exercise minutes are used for the inter-house challenge.

Double check with your Head of House. Like Sue said, only House Points count for everyone. You may need to see how your House has decided to handle SPEW points. Sorry you didn't get an answer elsewhere, I forget to check other threads sometimes.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I'm only slightly late, so I'm still considering this a victory! (Stupid being sick making me not want to do anything.)

Here's our Week 2 results AND the combined results so far!

nx7u38.jpg

Ravenclaw won this week's Quidditch Match! Congrats, Eagles!

Hufflepuff's still in the lead for the House Cup and Quidditch Cup overall, tho. Great work, Badgers!

Let's all step it up and see if we can improve from last week! I know we can do it!
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'm only slightly late, so I'm still considering this a victory! (Stupid being sick making me not want to do anything.)

Here's our Week 2 results AND the combined results so far!

nx7u38.jpg

Ravenclaw won this week's Quidditch Match! Congrats, Eagles!

Hufflepuff's still in the lead for the House Cup and Quidditch Cup overall, tho. Great work, Badgers!

Let's all step it up and see if we can improve from last week! I know we can do it!

Congrats Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff!!! Great work Gryffindor and Slytherin!!!

This is my first week here and I am excited that I will now be able to contribute points to my house. Go Ravenclaws!!!

Take care,
    Datenshi
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Congrats Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff!!! Great work Gryffindor and Slytherin!!!

This is my first week here and I am excited that I will now be able to contribute points to my house. Go Ravenclaws!!!

Take care,
    Datenshi

That's exciting! Good luck!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,447 Member
    Options

thanks...

Double check with your Head of House. Like Sue said, only House Points count for everyone. You may need to see how your House has decided to handle SPEW points. Sorry you didn't get an answer elsewhere, I forget to check other threads sometimes.

:sad: :sad: :sad: But what does "SPEW" STAND FOR?!?!?! :sad: :sad: :sad: (:wink: )
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

thanks...

:sad: :sad: :sad: But what does "SPEW" STAND FOR?!?!?! :sad: :sad: :sad: (:wink: )
    LOL!! In the HP books, it stands for " Society for the Promotion of Elvish Welfare" - the group that Hermione tries to start to help the house elves. In our group challenges - ??? Just another acronym for the geeks in us! :happy:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Ugh, I'm behind this week! Sorry about that, guys!

Here's the week 3 results:

2e3bw41.jpg

Congrats to Ravenclaw for winning this week's Quidditch Match!

Looks like Gryffindor is in the lead so far for the House Cup, and Slytherin is just BARELY in the lead over Ravenclaw for the Quidditch Cup.

Great job to everyone! Let's finish this last weekend of the month out strong!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    On time! Yes! Here are the April Results!

j157qd.jpg

Hufflepuff wins the House Cup!

Ravenclaw wins the Quidditch Cup!

Head Girls are:

Cowsstealmythong with 5140 House Points for the month, and Kelsue35 with 3875 House Points for the month!

Congrats, ladies! Amazing work!

Great work to all the Houses, you all make me proud. Don't forget, if you'd like to set up your Cup or put on your badge, you can find them all at the bottom of this link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hello Students!

Hopefully we'll have some weekly updates on the houses posted here each week, and the HoH for each house can also come here to gather the information to post back to you in your common rooms. I'd love to see all four houses represented, but if we only receive information from three of them, as an example, then we'll post those three.

Let me know if you have any other questions/concerns!
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Hello everyone!

It took a little time, but we have results in from all four houses for Week 1 of June! Thanks to the HoHs for getting me all the details!

HogwartsJuneWeek1.png

Congrats to Hufflepuff for winning this week's quidditch match! :drinker:

Hufflepuff also took a strong lead in the House Cup competition with 437 house points! Impressive, badgers!
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    HoHs (and all Hogwartians!)

Moving into July, we will be taking on a new process for weekly challenges. Each HoH will submit to me a challenge for the week they are assigned, and every house will use that same challenge for their Food/Exercise challenges. I would prefer that we have them set up for the month so that we don't have to worry about someone forgetting or not being available, but we can discuss changing that in future months if we need.

For July, however, please have your challenges submitted to me by June 26th so that we will be prepared. If a house chooses to change their challenge before the week comes up, we can always do that as needed. Once I have received the challenges, I'll post them for everyone to see, and the HoHs can update their sheets or common rooms with the information as well.

Current Proposed Schedule:
    Week 1 - Gryffindor
    Week 2 - Hufflepuff
    Week 3 - Ravenclaw
    Week 4 - Slytherin

Let me know if you have any questions!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Great idea! A bit more competition for Ravenclaws to win!!!
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Sorry for the delay on posting last week's results. My goal is to have them up by tonight (and then have the new ones posted by Wed/Thurs if I get all the house updates by then).

HoHs, if you haven't already, don't forget to send me your house's challenges for the upcoming month! :)
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    And here we have June's Week 2 Results!

HogwartsJunWeek2.png

Congrats to Gryffindor for a solid win in the quidditch match this week!
    And congrats to Hufflepuff for continuing their very strong lead in the House Cup competition - 646.8 house points!
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Sorry for the delay, everyone! We had some storms and power outages. Here are the July challenges!

Week 1 - Gryffindor
    Food - Stay under your sugar macro goal for the day.
    Exercise - Squats! For every day that you complete at least 20 squats, you'll earn your challenge for the day! If you complete at least 150 during the week, give yourself one extra OWL at the end of the week!

Week 2 - Hufflepuff
    Food - Monitor your sodium levels! Each participant should have the sodium column in their diary and for every day they are 'under' the sodium 'goal', they should award themselves. For every day that the individual is under their sodium goal, they should award themselves 5 NEWTs (or OWLs, depending on the house's usual tracking system). As well as that, for every glass of water an individual has they should award themselves 1 NEWT/OWL, so 1 NEWT/OWL per glass.
    Exercise - This week's exercise is crunches! For every set of 10 crunches an individual completes, they should award themselves 5 OWLs. A bonus 5 OWLs can be awarded for 60 minutes of exercise completed, and that can be any form exercise.

Week 3 - Ravenclaw
    Food - Eat at least four servings of vegetables during the day.
    Exercise - Aim for 50 jumping jacks per day! You can split them up throughout the day or you can complete them all at once.

Week 4 - Slytherin
    TBD
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Week 3 Results are here!

HogwartsJunWeek3.png

Congrats to Gryffindor for edging ahead this past week in house points!
    And congrats to Slytherin for their impressive quidditch match victory!
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Just an FYI--

I'll be on a short family vacation over the next several days, so I don't know if I'll be able to post the final June results until after I'm back. My goal is to have them posted Sunday, but worst case scenario, Monday should be the day.

Hope you're all having a great holiday week!