Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group joemyfit, Lauren, and Suzannearaya1976!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have been doing a 3 Month Self Challenge, join us if you are interested. I believe it wraps up just before Valentine’s Day, which then I will start another. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I have also started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.
    Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • missa526
    missa526 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Its been along time since I've been here. I had to drop out of school in August due to severe chronic migraines (everyday) . But the good news is my migraines are down to 0-2 a week which feels like heaven to me! I'll be turning 32 in March this year. I'm still in my 15 year relationship with my boyfriend (no real plans to get married till I get a car and a job) and I am still living with my parents due to lack of funds. The good news is I should get back into my Ultrasound program this summer without a problem but unfortunately it's impossible to work while you're in the program. But it only lasts a year and a half and 100% of the students find jobs so I'm feeling good about it. I just really need help with support and motivation. I can help other people but it's hard to motivate myself and support myself when no one in my real life is trying to get healthy and get fit. So yeah, that's the basic outline of me. I have friends on the site but not many are supportive or reply. I don't know what else to write if you have any questions about me feel free to ask or message me! I love getting to know new people!
  • Jacky3379
    Options
    I'm 33 years ld, and I am the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I'm ready to start making some changes so I can feel good about myself.:smile:
  • booker2shoes
    booker2shoes Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 31-years-old; married with 3 kids and work full-time. We have a cat, a kitten, a puppy, 3 guinea pigs and a turtle. Life is pretty nutty, but we have fun!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group missa526, Jacky3379, and emmcconnell!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have been doing a 3 Month Self Challenge, join us if you are interested. I believe it wraps up just before Valentine’s Day, which then I will start another. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I have also started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Jo
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Im Sonia, going to be 34 in March...i definitely dont feel any older!
    i have a 4 yr old dog and a slightly cracked sense of humor :tongue:

my biggest addictions are sugar and BREAD!! :sick:
  • wheats_78
    wheats_78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone in the bread addiction Sonia, I too suffer from that affliction.

I'm Matt, 34 from Australia and am new to MFP. I'm married with two young kids (5 and 3), two old dogs (King Charles Spaniels) and a healthy obsession with mountain biking.

I've been on here for almost a week and so far loving the community feel. I thought I would join this group after seeing the 30 somethings thread in the introductions area.
  • bearsgal9
    Options
    I’m 33 (although I consistently get carded when I buy lotto tickets-ha) and have been on here since October. I was doing a lot better with my health till I was laid off (a year ago this coming Sunday) and rather than use the time I wasn’t working to workout I felt sorry for myself (and was super pissed and my ex boss) – So I am starting again. I am going to Ireland in September and will possibly going to a wedding later that month. And I want to look cute and rock some killer heels (after learning to walk in them again) when I go. Feel free to add me. :)
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Cristina and I'm 33. I started MFP a few months ago and have lost 7 lbs so far, but my concentration is mostly on making lifestyle changes instead of diving into perfect eating and exercising. I'm changing things a little at a time so that it becomes more permanent. :smile:

I'm looking to move to Hawaii in the summer so I'm hoping to have all this extra weight gone and be in much better shape by then! I want to learn how to surf! :glasses:
  • weston23
    weston23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi there my name is Sherri aka weston23, thanks for creating this group, its nice to meet people who are experiencing the same challenges or not in your age group :) Brief, I am married with 6 children, and I want to get the weight off for good; now that I am not having anymore. I am 36 just turned in November. I would love to be a support or encouragement during this change of lifestyle for you and would love yours as well :) Please feel free to add me :)

SW 275
    CW 195
    GW 160-165 :)

BTW I am from London, Ontario Canada woohoo :)
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Randy, 33 (34 in March) living out in CA. No children or pets. Just me, my studies and the mess that is teaching myself how to cook healthy meals. (Paleo) I got rid of a god chunk of weight a while back then settled and now I'm ready to get the rest of it off. So, it's a day by day challenge to create the little habits that will make this a lifelong success. Oh, and I have to kick my addiction to carbs! lol
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Sonia, Matt, bearsgal9, Cristina, Sherri, and Randy!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
  • MikeC0679
    MikeC0679 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Mike, I'm 33 currently and in Jacksonville, NC. My work is pretty sedentary, but I've recently started to move (I like to move it, move it?) more. I've coached soccer for a few seasons, recently "graduated" the Couch to 5K program and as of 12/31/12 I've been religiously logging EVERYTHING that I eat/exercise. My wife also recently started the Couch to 5K program and I can't wait for her to graduate! We have 3 young kids, 6, 8 and 11 which helps/hurts the exercise plans. Just stopping by to say hi!
  • asmithstl
    Options
    Hello fellow 30 somethings! I will be 32 next week (at least that's what the calender says). I am recently engaged, and I am the proud mama of an awesome 4 year old son. I work full time, and I love my job and the company I work for. Like most of us, I've had some bad years, and I have had some good years. I am determined to make 2013 the best yet.

My goal here is to lose at least 30 lbs short term, with an ultimate goal of 50 lbs. If I make a few friends along the way even better!

Feel free to say hello or add me as a friend. Good Luck to everyone on your quest for health!
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Sharon. I am 30 (hard to say, birthday was last month LOL). I have been married for 12 years next month. We have 3 kids: 11 year old daughter, 8 year old son & 4 year old son. I am a stay at home mom as of July 2012. My husband is great and supports me in my weight loss journey. He just wants me to be happy with myself. My kids love to exercise with me so that makes it more interesting. (Not always easy with the 4 year old running around, but interesting.)
    I started with MFP on Jan. 7, 2013 and am loving it so far. I lost about 50 pounds last year but when I started staying home I gained it back. I have over 100 pounds to lose at this point. So far I am on the right track.
    Anyone feel free to add me. I love to support people and need the support also.
  • aprilmarie81781
    aprilmarie81781 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is April. I am 31 and for the time being a stay at home mom. I have 2 great kiddos. :) I am looking to lose about 104 lbs. I am at 254 now and would like to be at 150. I have two main problems ....

1. I love to cook and eat (even though I don't seem to eat enough and that is part of my problem calorie wise)

2. I have 2 herniated disks in my neck. The disks have caused me to have a headache everyday since the accident ... 581 days with a headache now. Some days are worse than others and on average once a week I will end up with a full blown migraine. I have a really good grasp on how to live with this now (as my neurologist says it will never change) but when I get my heart rate up (especially for long periods of time) my headache gets worse. I have meds but can't spend my days all messed up from headache and meds. I am working on finding the perfect exercise to headache ratio, lol.

I joined MFP a few months back because my other half wanted me to, but really just started using it as I was using a different app, but I have decided I like MFP much better! :) Anyone who is willing to accept and provide encouragement and prodding when need be, feel free to add me! We can all use all the help we can get right! :)
  • amomono
    amomono Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Katie and I'm 30. I am an ordained minister, but for the next year and a half I'm working on a campaign to raise $ to end malaria in Africa... it's exciting work and something different every day.
  • tiff_doubleu
    Options
    Hi y'all!
    Having just turned 30, I'm super excited about entering a new phase of my life. I love MFP and look forward to making some new friends. Feel free to send me a friend request. Unfortunately, I've got a heck of a lot of weight to lose, so I know I'll need all the support I can get!

"Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change"
  • stephygrace81
    Options
    girlfriend, i hear ya...i want to lose at least 100lbs in the long run! good luck too you ya!!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Mike, asmithstl, Sharon, April, Katie, and tiff_doubleu!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
This discussion has been closed.