Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• KCGettinFit2014
    Options
    HI! My name is Casey. I am a 32 year old mother of 3 very active boys and married. I work a desk job from home 30 hours a week but also do contract work on the side and am about to start field work as a residential appraiser. I'm very busy keeping up the house, the boys, and work but am trying to find a little time to improve myself.
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    HI! My name is Casey. I am a 32 year old mother of 3 very active boys and married. I work a desk job from home 30 hours a week but also do contract work on the side and am about to start field work as a residential appraiser. I'm very busy keeping up the house, the boys, and work but am trying to find a little time to improve myself.
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Casey! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have been doing a 3 Month Self Challenge, join us if you are interested. I believe it wraps up just before Valentine’s Day, which then I will start another. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I am also starting a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and just had my 4th baby early November. I work full time doing rotating shifts. I work 4-10 hr day shifts for 3 months and then 2-13 hr and 1-14hr shifts. I don't have a lot of weight to lose but I would love support in getting these pounds off
  • siriusgirl
    siriusgirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh Goodie Goodie Goodie! Be looking for a PM from me! :bigsmile:
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    Happy New Year 2013, Hello to all my 30 somethings.My name is Love, I am 30 plus 6,it my monthly birthday today yipeeee. I am from London, UK. Although, I keep living in other countries don't know where I will find myself next month. I love travelling and meeting new people. Anyhow, my sad story was I was in love got engaged, was with him all through my 30's we realise it was not working and called it quits. I never wanted to get married until I met my ex, now I cant seem to find anyone to marry me. If anyone here can find me a husband I will be grateful. He has to be 5ft 10ins and above, kind, smart, possess common sense, loves travelling, believe in God that all folks. Back to MFP, I joined MFP 2011 but was on and off because the mobile app refuse to work on my phone. I rejoined 47days ago and lost 14lbs.So total weight loss 23lbs. I am addicted to MFP, who knew MFP would have this affect on me. i have another 50lbs to lose before my birthday.

Here to wonderful 2013 with me being healthy, fit, inlove, happy, Amen and wishing you all the samexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    By the way when the next 3 Month Self Challenge, i would like to join please
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Happy New Year 2013, Hello to all my 30 somethings.My name is Love, I am 30 plus 6,it my monthly birthday today yipeeee. I am from London, UK. Although, I keep living in other countries don't know where I will find myself next month. I love travelling and meeting new people. Anyhow, my sad story was I was in love got engaged, was with him all through my 30's we realise it was not working and called it quits. I never wanted to get married until I met my ex, now I cant seem to find anyone to marry me. If anyone here can find me a husband I will be grateful. He has to be 5ft 10ins and above, kind, smart, possess common sense, loves travelling, believe in God that all folks. Back to MFP, I joined MFP 2011 but was on and off because the mobile app refuse to work on my phone. I rejoined 47days ago and lost 14lbs.So total weight loss 23lbs. I am addicted to MFP, who knew MFP would have this affect on me. i have another 50lbs to lose before my birthday.

Here to wonderful 2013 with me being healthy, fit, inlove, happy, Amen and wishing you all the samexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Love! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

This 3 Month Self Challenge wraps up just before Valentine’s Day so keep an eye out for it. I started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • camillybug
    Options
    I'm 30 and have been married for 3 years to my wonderful husband. We have 3 dogs, no kids. I currently weight my heaviest ever at this moment but I have a different attitude about working out and eating better this time around so I have a great outlook on everything.
  • mermaidme23
    mermaidme23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Al!!

Happy New Year.

I am 33 and will turn 34 in April. I just got married a few months ago and lost 25 lbs...but gained 10 back. Bahhh...I'll loose that again soon. My current weight is 173 and my goal weight is 140.

I'm SO happy that this group exists and that we are hear to support each other.
  • metalgirl4
    metalgirl4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm 31 and not totally new to my fitness pal. I joined last summer but somewhere around November got off track with a few weeks of a hectic work schedule but i kept logging and that helped me maintain the weight loss. However when I went on vacation in early December I completely feel off the wagon, well more like jumped off headfirst! I even had a plan not to fail while vacationing. I went to see my very supportive boyfriend, long distance relationships stink by the way, and had planned to grocery shop upon arrival for healthy stuff but that all went out the window that night haha. We have a routine I guess. Date night at Chilis first night we're back together and always one night we go to Carrabbas when I go to see him. Anyway its gone down hill from there and now I am starting over again on new years! I don't consider it a resolution so much as getting back on track after a month or so sitting on pavement. On the plus side my boyfriend is now in it with me cause his doctor told him while i was there he needed to lose weight. He has what I call a pregnant belly haha. But hopefully together we can do great along with my fitness pal. I live for the app but not so much my laptop. :-) Happy New Years Yall!
  • VanillaInfusion
    VanillaInfusion Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm 33 and want to get back on track for 2013. I started out last year but then lost my way. There is no better time than the present to get back on track.

All the best for 2013!!!!
    -C
  • KaraStack
    KaraStack Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm 38 (ahem! 24 in my head!). Relatively new to MFP, but not weight loss! On 3 occasions I have lost substantial amounts of weight only to gain it back. This go-round, I lost 75# and have gained a lot back. For me, losing weight is relatively easy - it's keeping it off that's hard!
    This time is different! I plan on using MFP and a supportive environment to keep it off for good! I am making a New Year Committment (not a resolution!) to get healthy and STAY healthy! I work in the health care industry, and in my profession, I have to "walk the walk."

Fortunately, I have a supportive husband of 17 years, a 14 year old boy and a 13 year old girl at home. And I can't forget my 3 Boston Terriers!
  • lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!
    I am 35 years old, just had my third baby in September. I am new to MFP as well and am a little nervous about staying on task (I don't know how I am going to have the time to track all the calories, as we speak I am typing with one hand, holding a baby on my lap and trying to (unsuccessfully) discipline a five and three year-old...) Since I got married eight years ago I have put on 45 lbs, and would now like to lose it all.

I hope this board can motivate and give me a little chuckle every now and then. I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group metalgirl4, CrazyPrettyWoman, KaraStack, and lmkaks! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have been doing a 3 Month Self Challenge, join us if you are interested. I believe it wraps up just before Valentine’s Day, which then I will start another. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I have also starting a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • smartin0619
    smartin0619 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello! I turned 30 back in June and had my first baby in July! Although I am back to my pre baby weight I still have 30 lbs to lose that I had wanted to lose before getting pregnant! My brother's wedding is coming up in April that I will be in so it's a good motivator to get on track. I find it hard to carve out the time for exercise lately but love to exercise! I have to kick it in high gear here! Happy New year all!
  • becanichols
    Options
    Hey All!! This is my first venture on and type of fitness group and thought that this looked like a good place to start. I just turned 30 in October and all I could remember was people telling me how hard it is to lose weight after you turn 30!! I decided to kick it in gear and drop a few lbs! My goal is 25lbs. in 2-3 months. I am single and live alone so it is WAY easier to pick up Applebees to go or some type of fast food than it is to cook for 1 :( It also is a bit more difficult to stay motivated...so that why I am here :)
  • micfzs99
    micfzs99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - I'm 31 years old and just started using MFP this week. I recently acquired an iPhone (finally embraced the 21st century thank you! :wink: ) and I've always wanted to find a better way to track my intake and get a clearer picture of why I 'felt' I wasn't eating a lot but was still maintaining or slowly gaining weight. Big eye opener after tracking only a couple of days! :noway:

I also decided to do this because exercise (at least right now) is something I'm struggling with due to my hip condition (I have hip dysplasia). I'm used to dealing with pain every day, but the last 5 or 6 months have been so painful that it's affecting the way I walk and causing me to rethink certain activities for fear of making the pain worse. I used to enjoy going to the gym and strength train, use the elliptical (even got friendly with jogging lightly on a tread mill), but I fell out of the habit and it's just been so hard to get back (over a year now - still have the darn membership and everything).

Now with the pain I'm experiencing, the idea of going back to the gym just scares me. I realize that part of me uses the hip problem as a 'crutch' (I don't mean to, but it's become a kind of 'security blanket' to latch on to when I'm too scared to try something). The pain's real enough and I am concerned that I may do further damage if I'm not careful, but I don't want to continue using it as an excuse to not even try.

So this is a new year, and I'm going to be seeing a doctor soon to get a full idea of what's going on. Once I know the details and what my limitations TRULY are, then I'm making some real changes. I know that exercise will help make the pain more manageable by strengthening weak muscles...it's getting over that fear and the initial shock...and not giving up. Until then, I'm going to try to take control of the other side of the spectrum: food. I know I make bad choices, I know what good choices to make...time to start making 'em!

LOL - I realize that this introductory 'rant' is probably all over the place. Guess I just needed an outlet to vent what's rattling around my head. I'm also single and struggling with the realization that we're in our 30's and not getting any younger; I don't want to regret my 30's like I did my 20's. My ultimate goal is to find that special person, fall in love, get married and feel like a healthy part of a 'whole'. But until I'm lucky enough for that to happen, I gotta work on loving myself and accepting that 'single me' could very well be 'enough' for me (if that makes any sense).

introductory rant complete - HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group smartin0619, becanichols, and micfzs99! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

I have also started a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

I will begin posting weekly challenges hopefully by Sunday.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
  • Tikarose30
    Tikarose30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone... My name is Brittany. I turned 30 in October. I have this ever constant fear that my weight will finally catch up with my health and then it will be irreversible. So 2013 is about making sure that doesn't happen. I have 100+ lbs to lose... but I'm not really looking at it like that. Just want to be healthy. Technology is helping me... MFP and Digifit + Polar Bluetooth, Kinect, Dance Central and my personal journal at brittanyupgraded.blogspot.com

A little bit more about me... I live in Kitchener, Ontario Canada but I'm originally from Southern California. I am married and kids are on the horizon. Feel free to add me if you're in the same boat!
  • metalgirl4
    metalgirl4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.