Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• katanasnk
    katanasnk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 34, in a long-term relationship (unmarried though), and no human kids. I did just adopt a kitten (and I had a cat or two already). I'm not super-social, but this caught my eye because I'm struggling with my 30-something identity! I feel like we're the overlooked age group!
  • DecletJ
    DecletJ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    I'm Jennifer and I turned 30 in April. I started my fitness journey in October 2011 and lost 60lbs. This summer I lost track of everything and gained 15lbs back. I started C25K and just completed my 3rd 5k in November. I achieved my best PR ever and have found a love for running! I'm also a Jillian Michaels nut!! I am currently doing the 30 day shred. I have almost lost the 15lbs I gained and am looking to lose another 30lbs. I live in Kansas City, Mo with my husband of 7 years and our 3 boys.
    It's nice to see so many people just like me on here! :happy:
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi 30 Somethings...
    This is not my first time here however I am ready now. I had some slow success last time and had shoulder surgery that became very complicated so after 7 months I can finally think about exercise other than walking (which I hate-boring).

I am 37 and closer to 38 in March. I am finally in a good place with life. I also consider myself a newlywed-married on 12/31/09 so we will be celebrating 3 years in December. I have been out of school (just finished my masters in nursing) for a year and working full time in my dream job for 2 years.

I have two daughters from my previous marriage and our puppy-a black lab named Jameson who is definitely part of the family. Jameson is almost three-got him as a wedding present to the girls.
    I am so much happier in my thirties...confident in who I am and what I am about...just need to live a healthier lifestyle.
    Thank you for listening...
    Shana
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    hi I'm lexie from Chicago. I just turned 30 on the 26th of last month
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group katanasnk, DecletJ and LexieSweetheart!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have started a new 3 Month Self Challenge if you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Good luck on your journeys!

Jo
  • motivatedbecky80
    motivatedbecky80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I signed up yesterday. Im 32 with two boys, 14 and 5. Im hoping to lose weight so I dont feel so crappy all the time. I have no problem working out everyday or to watch what I eat, its just that im hungry all the time! It seems to be worse when I work out. So Im here to help myself work through this and to find other activites besides eating. Lol
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hello everyone! I signed up yesterday. Im 32 with two boys, 14 and 5. Im hoping to lose weight so I dont feel so crappy all the time. I have no problem working out everyday or to watch what I eat, its just that im hungry all the time! It seems to be worse when I work out. So Im here to help myself work through this and to find other activites besides eating. Lol

Welcome to the 30 Somethings group motivatedbecky80! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have started a new 3 Month Self Challenge if you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Good luck on your journey!

Jo
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Mandy. I'm 31 yeats old, and I've been on MFP for about a month. I'm doing pretty well with it and having a blast so far. I'm single and have a fur baby, but none of the human variety. I've always been the chubby one, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the results this site seems to be bringing. Nice to meet you all!
  • juliek710
    juliek710 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello all - I'm Julie, I'm 38, married no kids. I've been doing MFP via my phone for a couple of months and only this week decided to investigate the community boards. 20 pounds gone and many still to go :) Would love to have some friends here for a little support group, please feel free to add me.
  • jvendramin
    Options
    Hi all! Looking for new friends. Im 31, married, no kids but 5 big dogs keep me mighty busy. I have done MFP in the past and lost a lot of weight, but stopping tracking was a kiss of death for me. Now I am back on the wagon and dont intend to ever fall back off. I am a Seattle area veterinarian, and I love dog sports, outdoor activities, and i am a pinterest junkie!
  • revgosik
    revgosik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just turned 30 in July. I've Bbeen on my journey since October 2010. I have been married for 8 1/3 years and have 3 wonderful kids. I love supporting others and getting support. Feel free to add me.
  • Hi My name is Michelle! I am 38 and still feel young! I am getting remarried in Feb 2013 and want to feel as young as my brain is! LOL
  • karag413
    karag413 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Im Kara. Im from TX (Dallas area) and have been on MFP for 90 days now. I started this journey in April and have lost 66 lbs so far. I am single, never married and no children, all by choice. I look forward to being more involved in the community as opposed to just logging from my phone.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group for those of you coming on these past few days!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have been doing a 3 Month Self Challenge, join us if you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Jo
  • marianim35
    Options
    Hi, I'm Maria. I'm 35 going on 36 next March. I'm loving my age and want to do something about my weight. Well I have my goal of reaching 135 pounds I'm closer than I've been in 15 years. I'm so excited and happy to join this group :)
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hi, I'm Maria. I'm 35 going on 36 next March. I'm loving my age and want to do something about my weight. Well I have my goal of reaching 135 pounds I'm closer than I've been in 15 years. I'm so excited and happy to join this group :)
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Maria!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have been doing a 3 Month Self Challenge, join us if you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Good luck on your journey!

Jo
  • darynb
    Options
    I'm 34 but have a lot of medical problems. I have gained weight from medication and in ability to be very physically active. I am working on loosing it and also reducing/eliminating gluten and sugar from my diet as it could help some with my chronic pain. I am open to suggestions on good foods to eat to accomplish this.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm Jeff. I'm 36, married with a 19-y/o stepdaughter, and two sons ages 7 and 5. I've been on MFP for about a year. I dropped 20 pounds early in 2012 but I've gained a few back, so here I am again! :)
  • amymlott
    amymlott Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hello i am amy i live in georgia 33 married at age 17 have three kids that keep me running all the time with sports and things i have a 10 son two daughters 13, 16 i started mfp about this time last year i joined a group that had challanges and it really helped me lose some weight i only lost 15lbs but thats a start any way i like mfp you all give me modavation to exercise just so i will have some thing to post or to eat right so my food diary will look good lol so any way good luck to all on your weight loss journey
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group darynb, jeff and amy!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
This discussion has been closed.