Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm a mom of three sons - 12,6, &5. Busy busy busy but have been with MFP since April and lost 44lb... still have a little over 10lb to goal weight. I'm here everyday so if you all want to add me as a friend I do try to be supportive! Good luck to all on their journey!
  • childermass
    childermass Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    HIYA!
    36 - Live in Australia where it is summer here right now. Shorty short shorts everywhere!
    I want to lose 10 -12 kilos (about 22 pounds) and have lost 3 kilos in my first two weeks :)
    Don't know about the shorty short shorts, but will work towards them anyway.
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group momofthreesons and childermass! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have been doing a 3 Month Self Challenge, join us if you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Good luck on your journeys!

Jo
  • AnelDB
    AnelDB Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 37, as my husband tells me, MID late thirties. I have a great family, husband, 2 kids. I changed jobs last year and part of the lesser stress regime is finally to lose weight and quit thinking I'll get around to it. I love MFP, I've started to Zumba again (videos and live classes). I love the results so far, and I love that I'm sticking to it. I'm really learning how to eat and how to read my body. I don't deny myself anything, but I do make good choices most of the time. This is lifelong, so I'm not on a diet, I'm learning to eat for life!
  • Smashley914
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 30, have an awesome son and hubby. I want to lose weight and get healthier before adding more little ones to our family. I have quite a bit to lose, and I know I'll need encouragement!
  • triciafit99
    Options
    Hi all. I am 31 and just had my second daughter 9 months ago. I would like to meet other 30 somethings who are losing weight. I am hoping that now that I am done with the whole pregancy thing, I can finally get back to my weight loss goals and lose some weight in 2013. I am looking for friends, so please add me if you would like to.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group AnelDB, Smashley914, triciafit99! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have been doing a 3 Month Self Challenge, join us if you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

I am also starting a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Jo
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 37, as my husband tells me, MID late thirties.

I'm pretty sure the scale goes like this:

30-35: "early 30's"
    36-38: "mid-30's"
    39: "late 30's"
    40+: "39!"
  • mermaidme23
    mermaidme23 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My turn :o) I'm 33 and married with no children. I'm 5'10 and looking to loose about 30 pounds. Love MFP and looking to get some motivation and more friends. Feel free to add me!
  • mrmaxpowers
    Options
    Hello my name is mark and i turned 30 in Sept. Im a widow with three boys. Ive decided that i have to be there for my boys and be healthy.
  • lovinglife80
    Options
    Hello My name is Esther I live in Cali and I am 32 reaching 33 in a couple months! hoping to be my healthiest in my 30s than ever before!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group mermaidme23, mark, and Esther! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

I am also starting a measurement check in thread if you are interested in keeping track of your measurements by month.

Jo
  • munkeefeet
    munkeefeet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just started with the group :) i'm 32, and live in SoCal. I promised myself upon turning 30 that my 30's would be healthier than my 20's. Lost 14 lbs with MFP but fell off the wagon for a while. Hoping to add some friends and get motivated to lose the rest and feel my best!
  • Shane37301
    Shane37301 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shane

36 years old married with two daughters 8 and 6 years old.

I've lost 67 pounds total since May using MFP, paleo diet guidelines, and lots of sweat. I'm getting to the point where the fat loss isn't so easy and I have about 20ish pounds to go to goal.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group munkeefeet and Shane37301! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy new year!:drinker:

Jo
  • Oceansong31
    Oceansong31 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm 32 and have two amazing kids. My life has been a complete roller coaster this past year and I really need to get back on track! I'm bound and determined to make 2013 my year to shine! I'm down about 25 lbs from my orginal weight two years ago ( I've gained 5 back with the recent drama of a divorce and losing my mom a few weeks ago). So I still have about 15-20 to go. I'm hoping to make great friends and am looking forward to everyone's success stories! :happy:
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm 32 and have two amazing kids. My life has been a complete roller coaster this past year and I really need to get back on track! I'm bound and determined to make 2013 my year to shine! I'm down about 25 lbs from my orginal weight two years ago ( I've gained 5 back with the recent drama of a divorce and losing my mom a few weeks ago). So I still have about 15-20 to go. I'm hoping to make great friends and am looking forward to everyone's success stories! :happy:
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group oceansong! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. There is a lot of support in this group, just ask. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Good luck on your journey! Here is to a healthy new year!drinker

Jo
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Happy Holidays everyone!

I'm a 33 year old single father of two sons living in Michigan. New to MFP and just getting back into fitness. Trying to take the reigns and turn my life around. . I've gone through periods of being fairly fit and then slipping back into obesity. I'm not getting any younger and my sons need me to be a more positive role model for their own fitness, body image, and self esteem.
  • sdowdell30
    sdowdell30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi and Seasons Greetings,

I am a 33 year wife and mother of 2 handsome sons,I have been battling this weight loss sense the birth of my youngest son,I get on the wagon and fall back off.I do not want a quick fix anymore been there done that.I do not want to continue to be fat in my 30's ,I live in the sunniest place in our nation Miami,Fl and want to be able to enjoy the weather without hiding .Working towards a life style change :smile:
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Huzke and sdowdell30! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have been doing a 3 Month Self Challenge, join us if you are interested. I believe it wraps up just before Valentine’s Day, which then I will start another. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Good luck on your journeys! Here is to a healthy new year! :drinker:

Jo
This discussion has been closed.