Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• AKISOK
    Options
    Hiya everyone :)
    I'm Angela, 36 & quit smoking 8ish weeks ago and have put in a bit more weight than I anticipated.
    As well as weight loss, I'm getting fit again as I find Excercise works wonders at keeping me focused and is a fab stress buster, which with Christmas coming up, I'm gonna need :) Any advice and tips greatly appreciated :) I'm starting on the Military Fit 3 day plan to kick start things and found this site via that site.
    Hope to speak to u all soon :)

Ttfn :) x
  • green_nurse
    green_nurse Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 30 something! Joined MFP in September and learned about this group today! I enjoy tracking my food and fitness, it is a game for me...kind of like taking a test! I am certain I have some sort of allergy to some food because I can't lose weight even if I try---and I eat pretty well and exercise....of course i have days where i eat pizza or icecream but i don't let it get me down--it's not a lifestyle! I hope everyone meets their goals here!
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group for those of you coming on today (AKISOK and skammi)!!! There are several of us actives on here so feel free to add us for additional support. Please feel free to start any posts/threads.

We have started a new 3 Month Self Challenge if any of you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Good luck on your journeys!!

Jo
  • gcadays99
    Options
    Hi, 32 year old here. The last few years have flown by. Started on my fitness pal a couple weeks ago but just starting to get involved in the community now. No kids or anything like that to take up my time but I work for the rail road so I'm on call 24/7 so have no sleep schedule really and being in a hotel every other day is a bit difficult. Anyways look forward to being a part of the group and wishing you all luck on achieving your goals.
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hi, 32 year old here. The last few years have flown by. Started on my fitness pal a couple weeks ago but just starting to get involved in the community now. No kids or anything like that to take up my time but I work for the rail road so I'm on call 24/7 so have no sleep schedule really and being in a hotel every other day is a bit difficult. Anyways look forward to being a part of the group and wishing you all luck on achieving your goals.
    With you being in a hotel so often have you thought of bringing a laptop (if you have one available)? I know there are several people on here that use YouTube videos or if no internet you can pop in a exercise DVD. Congrats on getting on MFP. There are several of us actives in this group so feel free to add us.

Good luck on your journey!

Jo
  • Jpinson16
    Options
    IMAG0752.jpg

Hi, wanted to see if I could post pics here:)
  • JRIV60
    Options
    IMAG0752.jpg

Hi, wanted to see if I could post pics here:)
    If it is like your profile pic us ladies would love to see it! lol :laugh:

Jo
  • GlennRG
    GlennRG Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Glenn and I am 32 years old. I am just now getting back into healthy living. I started last Thursday with my diet...again. I have always been a pretty athletic guy until a few years ago. I got a "promotion" which is a desk job and with the desk came the weight. I excited to get back into the fitness game again!!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Glenn and I am 32 years old. I am just now getting back into healthy living. I started last Thursday with my diet...again. I have always been a pretty athletic guy until a few years ago. I got a "promotion" which is a desk job and with the desk came the weight. I excited to get back into the fitness game again!!
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Glenn!!! Adjusting from a hands on type of job to a desk job is tough, especially if you were really physical with your work. It will be tough but you can do it. :wink:

There are several of us actives on here so feel free to add us for additional support. Please feel free to start any posts/threads.

We have started a new 3 Month Self Challenge if any of you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Good luck on your journey!!

Jo
  • aquariansmb
    aquariansmb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group, though I have been on MFP for a long time, though not overly active in the community. I am 33 and for the first time in decades actually learning to live and love life. I just wanted to say hello!
  • Bwneyegirl
    Options
    Hello 30 somethings group!!!

My name is Fatima and I am 31yrs old, soon to be 32 in January. A co-worker told me about MFP and I joined a few weeks ago. I work full time and go to school part time. Not married, nor do I have kids but I am in a relationship and since my boyfriend and I got together I gained 10 lbs. I have struggled with my weight since I was a kid, taken diet pills and been on many different diets. Throughout the years I’ve managed to lose a little over 60 pounds on my own and with the help of a weight lose program, and I’m now on a mission to lose 40 more which will get me down to my goal weight. My main reason for losing weight is not only to look and feel good but also because I want to be healthy. I hope to find the support and motivation I need on this site to continue with my weight lose journey.

Feel free to ad me so we can encourage each other 
  • vinnieti
    vinnieti Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I turned 31 in August and it kind of hit me that my twenties are definitely over. I joined MFP earlier this year and recently started 12 week diet and exercise program via trainer Kris Gethin from bodybuilding.com. I'm very excited to see how well I can do and will post my results soon.

Vinnie
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hi All,

I turned 31 in August and it kind of hit me that my twenties are definitely over. I joined MFP earlier this year and recently started 12 week diet and exercise program via trainer Kris Gethin from bodybuilding.com. I'm very excited to see how well I can do and will post my results soon.

Vinnie
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group vinnie!!! Entering your thirties is scary, wait until you hit 35 like me! lol
    There are several of us actives on here so feel free to add us for additional support. Please feel free to start any posts/threads.

We have started a new 3 Month Self Challenge if you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Good luck on your journey!!

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group aquariansmb and Fatima!!! Please feel free to start any posts/threads.

Good luck on your journeys!!

Jo
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Cori, and I will be 38 on Monday. No kids here (yet), but I have a wonderful boyfriend of 5 years and two kitties.

I was relatively fit before my BF moved in; we tend to feed off each other's cravings, and both of us gained a lot of weight in the past 5 years. On top of that, I was in nursing school which was so busy that I gave myself the excuse to grab fast food or whatever was convenient. When I finished school, I was truly horrified at having gained 40 pounds in those 5 years! How am I going to teach my patients about health when it's obvious I don't look the part?

My BF is not ready to take steps yet to improve his own fitness, so I sought out a medical professional to keep me accountable as well as track my blood pressure and nutrition. I began a low-carb lifestyle again, which has always worked well for me in the past. I am exercising almost every day and will incorporate weight training this next week, which I love. I chose to consult a doctor, because I have a history of eating disorders and did not want to fall back into that trap.

Glad to be here!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Cori, and I will be 38 on Monday. No kids here (yet), but I have a wonderful boyfriend of 5 years and two kitties.

I was relatively fit before my BF moved in; we tend to feed off each other's cravings, and both of us gained a lot of weight in the past 5 years. On top of that, I was in nursing school which was so busy that I gave myself the excuse to grab fast food or whatever was convenient. When I finished school, I was truly horrified at having gained 40 pounds in those 5 years! How am I going to teach my patients about health when it's obvious I don't look the part?

My BF is not ready to take steps yet to improve his own fitness, so I sought out a medical professional to keep me accountable as well as track my blood pressure and nutrition. I began a low-carb lifestyle again, which has always worked well for me in the past. I am exercising almost every day and will incorporate weight training this next week, which I love. I chose to consult a doctor, because I have a history of eating disorders and did not want to fall back into that trap.

Glad to be here!

Welcome to the 30 Somethings group and congrats on getting yourself on the right track with your help. There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

We have started a new 3 Month Self Challenge if you are interested. Check out the thread (3 Month (Self) Challenge - Part 4) and if you care to join us just private message me and I will add you to our spreadsheet.

Jo
  • erinmbrown13
    erinmbrown13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Erin and I just joined MFP yesterday. I have had some health issues recently (degenerative arthritis in my lower back and plantar fasciitis in both my feet) and I haven't been able to be very active. However I have recently been cleared to head back into the gym and try to get back onto my healthy lifestyle band wagon that I fell off of back in September. I am looking forward to regaining my health and becoming a happier more zen person. I refuse to let depression or anxiety hold me back anymore. I want to set a good example for my husband (of almost 7 years) and my son (age 10). If I can do it anyone can because I'm one of the world's worst procrastinators and excuse maker.

I am taking charge now so my 2013 will be awesome and filled with good memories!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Erin and I just joined MFP yesterday. I have had some health issues recently (degenerative arthritis in my lower back and plantar fasciitis in both my feet) and I haven't been able to be very active. However I have recently been cleared to head back into the gym and try to get back onto my healthy lifestyle band wagon that I fell off of back in September. I am looking forward to regaining my health and becoming a happier more zen person. I refuse to let depression or anxiety hold me back anymore. I want to set a good example for my husband (of almost 7 years) and my son (age 10). If I can do it anyone can because I'm one of the world's worst procrastinators and excuse maker.

I am taking charge now so my 2013 will be awesome and filled with good memories!
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Erin!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
  • hcano1249
    hcano1249 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! 35 year old here! My name's Hilda. I'm happily married (14yrs) and have 4 crazy kids ranging from 4-17yrs. I've strayed from healthy choices and exercise but working on getting and staying on track this time. Didn't interact at all when I used MFP before so now looking to add some motivating friends and exploring more groups, etc. Glad to be here and ready to make the most of what MFP has to offer!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Hello everyone! 35 year old here! My name's Hilda. I'm happily married (14yrs) and have 4 crazy kids ranging from 4-17yrs. I've strayed from healthy choices and exercise but working on getting and staying on track this time. Didn't interact at all when I used MFP before so now looking to add some motivating friends and exploring more groups, etc. Glad to be here and ready to make the most of what MFP has to offer!
    Welcome to the 30 Somethings group Hilda!! There are several actives on here so feel free to add us. Also, feel free to start a thread or post a question.

Jo
This discussion has been closed.