Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• TheGrindalProject
    TheGrindalProject Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Shannon and two months shy of 32. I have two kiddos, 5 and 2, and live in Germany, though I'm originally from Montana and Oklahoma. I've been on MFP for years but in waves. I go in phases of being very consistent with my nutrition and exercise, and without fail a few months in something will happen and suddenly it is a last priority. I can't do that anymore. I hate the cycle of yo yo diets and quitting workouts just as they become routine.

I've never been large but I can't remember a day even as a child where I didn't think I was fat. I love the sang "I wish I was as fat as the first time I thought I was fat." Isn't it the truth. Now thanks to two healthy happy babies, not making myself a priority, eating questionable processed snacks for years, and an 8 month stint on Zoloft where I gained 15 pounds, I am at a point where I just simply HAVE to do this. I have to make better nutrition choices. I have to start making my workouts a priority. Otherwise, i'm afraid in 5 years i'll look back and just wish I was as big as I am now, because the trend is just going to keep going up and it will be harder and harder to lose.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shannon, Joannah and Shannon! It is great to see more people joining this group. There are a few people that try to stay active here and if you have any ideas on how to get this group to be more interactive please chime in. We currently have a weigh in challenge (posted in the announcement thread) and a miles challenge (in the discussion thread) Both just started at the beginning of the month so feel free to join in. So happy to have you here and take this journey with you!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • avrahamdovid
    avrahamdovid Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Adam. 35 living in Ottawa. I have 4 small kids, and I need to lost weight and keep it off so that I can be the active Dad that I need to be for them and for my wife. My weight has been an issue for my adult life. Got up to 300lb before I decided that something had to change. Down to 250, but I need to go further!
  • BrewersGirl78
    BrewersGirl78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new to this group and just looking for a place to be accountable to someone.
    My name is Stephanie and I am married and have two girls. I lost a lot of weight before I had my girls and through pregnancy gained most of it back. I have been a Weight Watchers member for ever and really created an unhealthy relationship to food with me. I loved the accountability but it just made me obsessive.

Since switching to MFP, I've been a lot healthier and better about food. I am a runner and love my 5k Races. I run early in the morning and once on the weekend during daylight. I'm really busy with my girls, so fitting it all in is hard.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Welcome Adam- I can not imagine what life would be like with 4 kids. I can barely handle 2! Great job on losing the first 50lbs! That is a great accomplishment. I am looking forward to helping you reach your goal.
    Hi I'm Adam. 35 living in Ottawa. I have 4 small kids, and I need to lost weight and keep it off so that I can be the active Dad that I need to be for them and for my wife. My weight has been an issue for my adult life. Got up to 300lb before I decided that something had to change. Down to 250, but I need to go further!

• mamarundrc
    Options
    Hello. I am new to this group and just looking for a place to be accountable to someone.
    My name is Stephanie and I am married and have two girls. I lost a lot of weight before I had my girls and through pregnancy gained most of it back. I have been a Weight Watchers member for ever and really created an unhealthy relationship to food with me. I loved the accountability but it just made me obsessive.

Since switching to MFP, I've been a lot healthier and better about food. I am a runner and love my 5k Races. I run early in the morning and once on the weekend during daylight. I'm really busy with my girls, so fitting it all in is hard.

Welcome Stephanie! I completely understand your feelings about weight watchers. For me I was so focused on the points that I didn't really get the idea about the quality of what I eat. I think it is a great program, but not for me. I manage to lose 25 when on it, and then gained it all back.

I love running. It is always tough to fit in but so rewarding when I manage to!
  • LBoggie77
    LBoggie77 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Lauren and I'm 36. I am in a committed relationship 4 years and going strong :) I have 2 dogs and 1 cat, no kids. I work full time, and that keeps me pretty busy.

When I was young, I never worried about my weight. That was until I hit my 30's, and I quit smoking. Although quitting smoking was the best thing I have ever done for my health, the weight gain and well just age and laziness has gotten the better of me.

I also love food, and quitting smoking has made my taste buds so much more fine tuned, and well food just tastes so much better. It wasn't until I started mfp that I realized how much I was over eating....

Anyways I just joined the group, please friend me I could use any and all encouragement.

• mamarundrc
    Options
    Welcome Lauren! Congrats on quitting smoking. That alone is an amazing accomplishment. Knowledge is power, so knowing what you are eating gives you the power to correct the problem.
  • scrap0626
    scrap0626 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Ellen, 36, and live in Denver. I lost quite a bit of weight in my late 20's and early 30's and its been creeping back on the last year or so. I'm looking for some accountability to help me stay on track!

I got fairly into weight lifting a few years ago which really helped me maintain my weight and still be able to eat, but my fitness priorities have shifted more to playing tennis in the last year and I haven't been able to lift consistently. I'm working on trying to find a good balance. I also enjoy running, although that's hit or miss for me as I have tendonitis in my foot.

Saw the weigh in challenge, I will join in that if its not too late! Glad to see some active people in here!
  • DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hows it going. I am Derek, age 35 working towards getting to my ideal weight and getting fit. Looking forward to interacting with some other cool peeps in their 30s.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Welcome Ellen and Derek! Glad to have you hear. It is definitely not too late to join the challenge. Just add your name and check in weekly.
  • lizzieollie502
    lizzieollie502 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Liz and I am 34. I am single and trying to get healthy because I have arthritis in my knee and I need to loose the weight and stop putting it off.
  • Sabs2009
    Sabs2009 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 33, single and looking to get rid of my PCOS belly and overall get in better shape. Add me :)
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Welcome Liz and Sabs2009!
  • tickfawfolk
    tickfawfolk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello All. Not totally sure I still belong in this group, as I am 37! But I just couldn't handle the depression of joining the 40's group and since technically I AM still in my 30's ... here I am. I am pretty new to MyFitnessPal and just started using about a week ago. I have never been one to watch what I eat or my weight but I have always been very active when not at work and have played racquetball for most of my life. As I am getting older, I started using this app not necessarily to lose weight, but really just to start watching what I am eating and to try and make healthier choices as I approach the second "half" of my life cycle. Since I started using the app, I have found myself either trying to eat less, eat more wisely, or exercise more each day. Like I said, I never looked at a label on anything I ate until about a week ago so I am absolutely amazed at what I am seeing .. there are so many calories in EVERYTHING I eat ... time for some change!

- David
  • cygrad03
    cygrad03 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Erin. I am 33 and mother of a three year old son plus a 11 year old step-daughter. I work full time and have been married for 7 years now. My husband and I both have gained weight. I have been working out 5 days a week for almost 3 months now. I am up to jogging 2.75 miles + walking .50 miles per day. I keep pushing myself everyday. I have only lost 4 lbs so far but I feel better. I am eating better but the weekends seem to really hurt. My husband is not very helpful. It seems like I am making small changes every week and I plan on continuing along that path. Good luck to everyone and glad to be here!
  • tickfawfolk
    Options
    @cygrad03 - That's great Erin, 4 lbs is terrific and it sounds like you are on the right track!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Welcome Tickfawfolk and Erin! I am one of the moderators of this group. Unfortunately things have been a little quiet around here lately but hopefully with some new blood in the group we can find better ways to support each other. There is currently a weigh in challenge that runs the end of the year. Feel free to join in (thread posted in Announcements). I will also be posting a spreadsheet to track miles for December. There are a few of us who like to set goals for miles walked/run/swam and it is an easy way to track that. Feel free to start any challenges or topics you want to add to the group.
  • tickfawfolk
    Options
    Thanks mamarundrc. Tracking miles for the month sounds fun.
This discussion has been closed.