Welcome! Say hello....

Options

Replies

• nay619
    nay619 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been using MFP on and off for a couple years now to track calories, but have never been active on the site, otherwise. Despite slow improvements on my eating habits, I've never been able to stick to a healthy regiment for more than a month before lazying-up.

I am now freshly 30 and am motivated to make 2015 the first year of my wholly healthy life! Friends and encouragement strongly welcome!
  • an111111
    an111111 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hi there aine from dublin ireland , i started MFP a few years ago but havent really commited to it but have turned a corner and am back on track , i am good at the tracking end but not the best with exercise so i feel i will need the support so wish mw look and look forword to the posts .
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Adelaide Australia and I am looking forward to working with you all in 2015 to lose weight. I lost 17kgs only to regain 9kgs back
  • Kerri81
    Kerri81 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kerri from a small town in Texas. I use to be super fit most of my life then had to have back surgery and stopped being active. All the weight just took over. Now it's time to get back into shape and feel great about myself. Feel free to add me.
  • Airforcedude
    Airforcedude Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I haven't been on here in about 6 months but after the holidays I've put last years loss back on. I am 34 married with 3 kids, and have been in the Air Force for about 12 years. My weight has always been a roller coaster.. I blame beer and my sweet tooth. I have about 10 pounds give or take to lose back but im really more concerned about getting my body fat back down. I just need a group for accountability. Here is to a great 2015
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Welcome all the new people to the group. We currently have a few challenges running. Check our the announcement threads and feel free to join!
  • JKatH81
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Jess, 34 and from Chester, UK. I am married with two kids, one dog and three cats. Nick and I have been married for nearly 13 years and over that time (because of pregnancies, ill health and generally not looking after myself) my weight has rocketed. I have over 100lbs to lose to get back to a healthy weight, so I have a long way to go and would really appreciate any support I can get! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    JKatH81 wrote: »
    Hello all! I'm Jess, 34 and from Chester, UK. I am married with two kids, one dog and three cats. Nick and I have been married for nearly 13 years and over that time (because of pregnancies, ill health and generally not looking after myself) my weight has rocketed. I have over 100lbs to lose to get back to a healthy weight, so I have a long way to go and would really appreciate any support I can get! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.

Welcome to the group hun, feel free to join in or add yourself to any challenges. All are welcome x

• joshnewton1976
    joshnewton1976 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    JKatH81 wrote: »

An overall goal to lose 100 lbs. is a great goal, but make sure to set smaller, manageable goals for shorter periods of time. I think it will help you become more successful over time. e.g. try to lose 10 lbs in the next month (or next two months). Once you have reached each mini goal, set yourself a new one, and before you know it, that huge goal will be reached. You can do it. Good luck, and feel free to add me or ask any questions. Anything I can do, or anyone else on here can do to help you, we will be your support

• Norm_27
    Norm_27 Posts: 148
    Options
    Hello all!! I'm Just the Norm, 34 years old married with three kids. I love to work out and stay fit it's my time away from everyday stress. Also I love to eat!!! As they say eat to work out, not work out to eat. Well the holidays didn't help so I'm back into my groove again. Goals are set! Look forward to your support!
  • lilliemayflower
    lilliemayflower Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Shanna, 34, from Dallas, TX.
  • Nicole51078
    Options
    Hello All, I am Nicole Burns from Whitehall MI. I'm 36 and have 3 kids ranging from 8 to 17. I've always been pretty active and fit until i started a new job 1 1/2 years ago in an office position. Anyone who works in an office knows what happened next! Sitting on my bum all day mixed with the endless amounts of "goodies" people bring in, has caused me to gain about 30 pounds since i started! Time to change that! I wish everyone luck in whatever goal they have set for themselves! Here is to a healthier 2015!!!
  • IncredibleMulk77
    IncredibleMulk77 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Scott and live in the Dallas, TX area. I've been married for 14 years and am 37 years old. I've got two boys 8 & 10. I've been using MFP off and on for a year and would love some strong motivators to hold me accountable. I just got a new Fitbit and am very excited to get rolling down the right road again. I've got an ultimate goal to drop 100 lbs, but I know it's a day by day commitment. Feel free to add me!
  • Jbrisson1982
    Jbrisson1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am Julie and live in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. I am 32 years old and have been using MFP for awhile now but never truly committed until now. I am also doing Chris Powell's 12 week Challenge and I started yesterday which was very successful. I have a love/hate relationship with running, right now I am at the hate end and I am working towards loving my runs again. Feel free to add me I will try and record my meals and exercise daily.
  • JennieT7161
    JennieT7161 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Jennie from the Twin Cities of MN. I'm 36, married for 2 years with 2 teenagers of my own and 3 adult stepkids.
    I'm looking for a friend to hold me accountable for tracking my food. I know that I do really well at my weight loss goals when I consistently track everything.
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!!!! I'm glad to see so many new faces and new stories. Feel free to add me, I've been active for over a year now :D
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    hello I second @jemsurf‌ it's great to see new faces on here. Also feel free to add me should you wish, I log everyday :smile:
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I will be turning 30 in less than 5 months & it's my goal to lose 30lbs by my 30th b'day on June 15th. With a weekly weightloss goal of 1.5lbs/week, I think I can do it. I just need some help. I live in Upstate NY, about 45 miles west of Albany where I grew up. I'm a wife and a mother of a beautiful 3 1/2 year old boy, and I've struggled with my weight for years. I lost 60lbs on Weight Watchers in 2008, and I kept it off until I got pregnant in 2010. I gained 80lbs with my pregnancy, so it's a good thing I lost that 60 first! Since having my son, I've been fluctuating...BADLY...down 45lbs, up 30lbs, down 20lbs, up 20lbs. It's dangerous. I lost 20lbs this fall and put it right back on over the holidays. I always blame my medications when I gain weight, but I'm pretty sure I can still get the weight off, even being on them. Here's to trying like hell. Add me. The thought of people reading my food diary has been making me eat better already! Keeping it set to public!!!
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi! Today is my first day of 30 and my first day on MyFitnessPal. Looking forward to meeting all of you!
  • larosa217
    larosa217 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @dirtyflirty30‌ welcome to the group!
This discussion has been closed.