Ab wheel rollouts challenge

Options
124»

Replies

• kerri007
    kerri007 Posts: 123
    Options
    my 211 was in one set except I had to shuffle my knees back every 50 or so as I creep forward.

I do actual "sets" from toes. Much less reps in total.
    i creap 4wards too. i start in the living roon and almost end up un the kitchen. lol. i do sets of 30's. i cant go nonstop. im still doing from my knees still :(
  • kerri007
    Options
    i do things backwards i always do my ab wheel last when i should be doing them first to get more done. oh well but i managed to so 70 today
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    good stuff!

I'm not doing these from knees anymore. My knees took a beating from them! Still a bit tender today. Hate that. Got deadlifts today so will have to have a good warm up to make sure it's all good.

So back to standing roll outs & dragon flags for my core work I think.

Have a go at dragon flags Kerri. Being lighter, it will probably be easier than a standing ab wheel rollout.
  • kerri007
    Options
    i cant do standing ones yet. one day i hope
  • kerri007
    Options
    only got to 40 today
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    still good!

I've just been doing a few standing ones now. Takes so much less time. And I'm loving the dragon flags. It's actually the first time in ages that I've been doing any direct core training.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    211 is farking ridiculous, lol.

being tall as hell probably doesnt help like it does with deadlift, lol.
    havnt done a max set yet, but will do in the coming days. boxing i think is a good time for it. lol
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm at 50 on my knees, I tried doing a standing one earlier and it did not end well lol
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I'm at 50 on my knees, I tried doing a standing one earlier and it did not end well lol

Great stuff! Yeah the standing ones are HARD!

I've seen a vid on how to progress to them. It uses a plank of wood and you rest it against something that will determine the angle. You start with a steep angle & over time lower it until you are eventually doing them flat on the ground.
  • adjones5
    Options
    Thanks for the info Chris! I'll keep working at it!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info Chris! I'll keep working at it!

Keep at it girl, you'II be doing standing reps in no time
  • keola64
    keola64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Try adding as many reps of bicycle crunches to the days you do an roll outs ,you really work you full abdominal area good.
  • adjones5
    Options
    Try adding as many reps of bicycle crunches to the days you do an roll outs ,you really work you full abdominal area good.

My abs hurt just thinking about it! I'll definitely try it out. Thanks for the tip!
  • kerri007
    Options
    great advice guys. i have not tried the dragon flys yet. kinda scared lol
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Solid advice!