2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    2-week-challenge = what are YOU going to do to make the next 2 weeks work FOR YOU??
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thanks for rolling us over Beeps!! These next 2 weeks will be difficult for me with vacation, but I'll put it here too. 9,500 cals/week is my goal!! Luckily there will be a lot of walking going on! I think I might bring my pedometer just to see how much!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    bumping the new thread....not too much time to post! But, looking forward to using the star challenge to get me through most of the end of my pregnancy...9 weeks to go!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    well, my weekend was ok, not too much drinking and I fasted for a good bit on Sunday, I had coffee, tea and some juice, then ate dinner at 5pm, chicken with wild rice and salad and a roll. I didn't log everything cause I was thinking it all starts today!
    And what a day, I was so good, til I got home and got bombarded with having to fill out disability insurance forms for my dad. I poured myself a bloody mary and 5 ritz crackers but I am trying to stop the stress spiral and have my reasonable dinner. I will be over for the day but I will try and work it out over the week! I can do this:)

I decided 1300/day is probably the best I can hope for this week, and still a challenge.

And now, someone asked about how you handle the eating with others, I know this is hard, but if I was really satisfied with one taco I would have said so, like, this is so good, I am gonna need a box! or, I can't wait to have this for lunch tomorrow, too. It's really not up to you to overeat so people don't think you have an ED. You could even the mention the challenge, say your working on eating fewer carbs or you're just listening to your body and eating until satisfied or something like that, or if you had a late breakfast and aren't really hungry, it's not personal!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Ok, I rethought out my plan and I'm going to decrease to 8750 for the week, giving me an avg of 1250 a day.

Shander - good luck wth the cleanse. Glad you had luck with it the first time around.

Beeps - that workout sounds interesting! Oh my, that sounds scary that you could pop a stitch with an elevated heart rate! Yikes!!

Chloe - wow, 9 weeks!! It is gonna fly by!!

Amy - Thats the beauty of the weekly allotment. I have no doubts you will even out over the week! Sorry about the stress though :flowerforyou:

I started StrongLifts today and loved it! So happy to be lifting heavy again!! Bonus was that it only took me 30 min!

Hope everyone else's week is off to a good start!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Drop my calories to 9.300 per week, please, Amy! Can you post the handles of the challengers and what their weekly alottment is, please?

I'm trying some cycling to see how that goes. If it isn't working, then I'll stick to a daily amount.

My hope is that this week (Aug 25 - Aug 31) looks like this:

Sun - 1,100 calories
    Mon - 1,400 calories
    Tues - 1,100 calories
    Wed - 1,400 calories
    Thurs - 1,100 calories
    Fri - 1,400 calories
    Sat - 1,700 calories

TOTAL = 9,100. (I'm giving myself a 200 calorie buffer by suggesting I can live with 9,300 per week!)

(I know we are calculating from Monday - Sunday for the challenge, but, for me, my "cycling" began 1 day earlier!).

Because I am not exercising, I might even drop my calories down further, but for now, I'll see if I can manage at this level.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm back!!!! Hi gals! So glad to see the thread has rolled over and the star challenge is starting up again, just in time for my honeymoon prep :)

Hope everyone has been doing well, I'm going to try and gradually roll into this week. Got sick the night of my wedding, so I'm still feeling a tad under the weather.

For this week I want my cals to be under 10,500 (breaks down to 1,500/day) and will decrease next week when I know for sure I can get back into the gym.

2 week Goals:
    -Get my *kitten* outta bed in the AM to walk the dog for 30 minutes at least
    -Eat in 5-6 nights per week
    -Gym (or workout) 2 days this week, 3-4 next week
    -Start NROL4W again next week

Have a great week ladies!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ramalem - sorry you got sick right before your wedding....but, you ALSO have to post WAY MORE DETAILS than THAT!!

so, sit down at the computer and type out a PROPER post as to who, what, when, where and HOW your wedding went!!! Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to the "happily married ever after' club!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Beeps - I definitely will once I've caught up at work. It was AMAZING :)
  • RisOnTheRun
    RisOnTheRun Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congrats ramalem--looking forward to details!

Beeps--good luck with the surgery! I'm sure it'll be fine, but that's a long time of no exercise.

Great plans for the challenge everyone!

I don't really have much to add. I was good yesterday (100 calories under my goal, but I'm sure I'll be over by that much another day). I don't really have any desserty stuff at home that will derail me and I have exercise plans for most of the week so I shouldn't have too much trouble being good through Friday, but this weekend will tough since we'll be traveling. Lots of eating out and probably not much exercise.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Holy crap I am so far behind on this thread!

Quick intro for the newbies - I'm Abigail & I live in NH, am 35, married with two girls - 6 & 10. I work in accounting and dance as a hobby - ballet, jazz, tap, whatever I can take. I am happy with my weight, but continue to work on reducing my body fat & getting some lean muscle. I lift, do cardio & yoga as well as my dance classes.

Ramalem - congratulations! I got sick on my wedding night too. The whole wedding party got food poisoning from the rehearsal dinner & it started to kick in at my reception and after. It was horrible and lasted most through my honeymoon, but hey we said in sickness & in health right? We did make up for it later by going back to the same place in Camden, ME. We actually have been there several times over the years - love it!

Anyways, I'm not ready to start logging yet, but when I do I will try to jump into the star challenge later. My temporary assignment just got extended to the end of the year and they want me to work more hours and things are picking up at my regular job too so things could get really interesting this fall. We will see how I can fit it all in and still exercise. I'll set my goals when I get that all figured out.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Beeps, I am in training all week and my spreadsheet is saved at the office, so all I will have to wait til I get back to make a proper list.

Today was too busy and too much caffeine, I think, but it evened out over yesterday so don't worry about the low cals today, if anyone was...

I want to see wedding pics ramalem! I just love weddings. My friiend is getting married in October in Northern Ca so that is sort of my next end goal, since I like to have something. My husband has a co-worker getting married in October too so there's another reason to dress up and gaze at pretty brides! I should pick a dress that doesn't fit and try to get into by then! but not my own wedding dress, they frown on that:angry:

I wil start the female training bible next week, I even ordered more sports bras with groupon!

Glad you like Stronglifts, Jen, it is a quick workout, what are your weights if I can ask?
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hey ladies! Quick catch up with everyone....

Shan - have fun on your trip! I see your mini cleanse is going well. I think I'll be doing a mini one for SB.

Chloe - 9 weeks?! How exciting!

Amy - sounds like you are doing well, have great plans, and several mini goals. I love weddings too. They always make me cry anymore; I'm such a sap.

Jen - Sounds like you are ready and motivated!

Beeps - looks like a good cycle. Goood luck with surgery!

Ramalem - sick on your wedding night?! Boo! Sounds like the rest went well and can't wait to hear about it.

Ris - sounds like you are chugging along excellently as usual!

Abigail - Busy times! Good luck with the extended work.

Everyone else, hope you are doing well! I'm doing pretty good this week. I am finding I am consuming about 2/3 of my calories after 5:00 these days. I'm typically not eating breakfast, or having something small if I'm really hungry. I've been trying to keep luinch under 500 calories and then using the rest of my 850+ (depending on exercise for the day) on dinner, after dinner, and afternoon snacks. Seems to be working okay. I went out to dinner and had a few drinks and was barely over yesterday with only strength training logged as "cardio". So I was pretty happy with that. I peeked at the scale yesterday and today. Yesterday showed no loss from last week, and today showed 0.5 pound loss. I hope it sticks and I am good enough this weekend to produce another loss. I really need to start seeing some losses to revitilize my weight loss efforts.

I was going to get up and workout this morning, but I was up from 2-4:30 so slept in. I needed it. I may try to do some HIIT and have Eric pick Daphne up from day care this afternoon so I can earn my book club wine! :drinker: I lifted yesterday morning and feel a little sore, but I'm really missing major soreness. I almost feel like my body is adapting and maybe I need to change programs. I've been doing 2-3 days lifting 3-4 compound exercises 15x, 8-10x, 6-8x, 4-6x for probably about a year now and I wonder if I need to switch up. I've been looking at stronglifts and wonder if it would benefit me. I was originally doing sets of 15x, 10x, 8x, 6x, but am finding I'm getting tired doing the higher reps (even 15 for warm up with lower weight) so I'm reducing reps in order to lift heavier, which does end up producing some muscle soreness. I always feel like if I'm not getting sore, I'm not working hard enough....what do you all think? I'm still getting my two runs in a week. I did almost 3 miles with the stroller Monday; did the first 2 miles at a nice 5.6mph-ish pace and completed my final mile at a 9.5 min/mile pace, which is fast for me even without a stroller.

Well, I'm going to just keep chugging along and try not to sabatoge too much this weekend while we're away in the mountains.... Sorry for the long post. Someone doesn't want to work today!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ramalem - like Amy, I'd REALLY like to see wedding pics!!

Ris - pregnancy report, please!!

Abigail - 2 reports necessary, please: a) dancing (what's on the agenda?); and b) job extension - what, who, where, how?

Amy - what is "female training bible"?? And, nope, you shouldn't show up in your own wedding dress for another's wedding - although I bet you were a SMASHING bride!!! I, too, like weddings....had ZERO of those to attend in 2013. But, looks like 2 upcoming in 2014.

jenomaha - Hello??? Where are YOU??????????????

Better_Balance - totally sounds like a lifting-routine change-up is necessary. Do you have ANY of the "NROL" series?? Pick up the NROL4Abs one, or perhaps, "Supercharged" and just dig in. I have been in an 8-rep program all summer....but, am going to move back into a 12-rep program once I'm cleared to exercise, post-surgery. There *is* some method to the madness of changing up the reps, changing up the sets. Some exercises actually tend to lean towards a bit less heavy weights and more reps (lateral raises, for example). Or, instead of doing "deadlifts", drop the weight down a bit and do "single leg deadlifts" - instead of doing "squats", drop the weight down a bit and do step-ups or one-legged get-ups. You'll feel *sore*, again!

My diet is going well this week. Mind you, I haven't stepped on a scale since early August....won't step on a scale until late-September, either. (My scale is at the "gym" and my gym membership is on "hold".)

I do hope, by late-September, which is my 1-year-Venus-anniversary, that I'm within 5 lbs of "goal"....that way, I can feel pretty confident that I'll hit "goal" by end of 2013!!
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Better - you said everything I would have said to comment on people's posts...so I ditto all that, haha!! Great job on the loss! Stick with it!! That HIIT should help ya with the scale! Although, I hope you're also measuring/determining your progress with a pair of shorts or something else too :wink:

Quick catch up as I have a lot to do today!!

Eating is going great, scale is almost back to where I ended 2 weeks ago before I went off the deep end! I have Body Pump Tomorrow and then Workouyt B of Strong Lifts Saturday morning.

Amy - I hear ya on having to have motivation! Weddings are an excellent motivation. Since this was my first workout, I had to play around with the weights to see where I need to be. Here is where I ended up:

Squats - 115#, can prob up to 120#/125#
    Bench - 80# without a spot, will up to 90# with a spot
    Barbell row - 70#, can prob up to 75#/80#

Have a great day all!! Keep up the awesome work!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Thanks Beeps. Good suggestions. I do rotate in some different stuff: 1 legged deads (which I find very challenging per the balancing part), hip pop ups, did some upright rows yesterday which has left me sore. Steps ups is a good idea. I'll have to go upstairs to do those or I'll hit my head on my 6.5' ceiling. Seriously, if you're over 5'8", you can't run on my treadmill. :smile: I actually read a friend's blog review about a p90x halfsies rotation she did, and I contemplated doing that! Geez.... I think I may try a stronglifts round this week and see how I like it. I think switching up reps may be helpful. When I was doing the KISS workout, there were 3 different set types: low rep/high weight, high rep/low weight, and somewhere in the middle. It's all making sense now.....
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Ram - yes pics please!!

Beeps - you must have posted while I was writing, lol!! Wow, 1 year Venus versary!!! You have a plan and I have no doubts you will reach your goal!!

Better - I get so bored with the same routine...I seriously cannot do the same workout twice in a row. I really enjoyed finding different ways to exercise the same muscle for the Bizzy Program and I am now excited for Stronglifts. I feel most comfortable lifting heavy. If you try it, please let us know what you think!!

Amy - I tried looking up the Training Bible and couldn't find it :/
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Had a great workout last night. Did 5 rounds of 30s work/30s rest of squat jumps, pushups, alternating lunges, mountain climbers, and burpees. I was seriously gassed after, like had to sit down and recover for about 30 minutes. And I'm good and sore this morning! I got up to lift stronglifts style this morning, but my kiddo woke up, so I read books with her instead. How long do you rest between sets when doing stronglifts? 60 seconds?

Didn't do terribly at book club last night. I was over by a couple hundres calories. Considering I drank about a bottle of wine, not bad.

We head out tomorrow afternoon so I doubt I'll check in here over the weekend. Have a great weekend ladies!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    P.S. I weighed 1 pound down from last week this morning, but I think a little dehydration may be going on. I'm going to weigh again tomorrow and decide my official log weight for the week. I think it will probably result in 0.5 pound loss. I'll take it!