2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm probably bombing the star challenge this week. I only have 800 cals left for the week and I would like some more wine and we have a Super Bowl party tomorrow.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm probably bombing the star challenge this week. I only have 800 cals left for the week and I would like some more wine and we have a Super Bowl party tomorrow.

DITTO. I got on the treadmill to try some damage control.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    You silly geese....star challenge doesn't even START until tomorrow!

Consider this your "practice" week (ending today)....
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Ok, Beeps, you find a drop 5 in 2weeks and I will do it with.

I didn't even check my weight this week. But the star challenge starts TODAY.

Time to start my day some lunges and squats.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    You silly geese....star challenge doesn't even START until tomorrow!

Consider this your "practice" week (ending today)....

Oh good! Then I'm totally not backlogging yesterday......

My weekend wasn't actually that bad. I had a little wine Friday, sort of a lot at book club Saturday. But I did the 2 hour core workshop Saturday and Ran 2.5 Sunday.

I'm heading to Phoenix for 3 days next week so I hope to have a near perfect week this week; get rid of a little belly bloat.

Have a great week!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Oh good! Then I'm totally not backlogging yesterday......

[/quote]

Haha! I thought the exact same thing!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    For me, this is the FIRST week, in 6, that my work-out scheduled will be TOTALLY normal! I am SUPER-STOKED! I don't have to "squish something in here" or "fit it in there".

I lift M/W/F . I'm going to do a cardio class after work tonight, as well - with daughter, so likely not more than 30 mins. And, my regularly-scheduled Saturday cardio can FINALLY go ahead (kidlet activities are ALL POST-LUNCH-TIME!). Thank goodness....rumour has it SOMEBODY stood in MY SPOT this past week!! (I've missed 5 weeks in a row....)

Mexico is 2 weeks away.

I'm officially in this to win this and am watching my calories, drinking my water, getting in my work-outs, and making sure to get 7.5+ hours of sleep nightly.

BOOM!

(I'll post "star challenge" starts in a bit....)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    GET READY CHALLENGERS!!

For the next 4 weeks, the *star* challenge is ON!!

Here's what you TOLD me was YOUR PLAN! If you have re-jigged your weekly calories, lemme know!

201403_zps01c6ab36.jpg
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Two Week Challenge
    1. Focus on EATING complex carbs, protein, fiber
    2. Follow my new workout schedule
    3. STOP feeling sorry for myself.

I printed out a T25/P90X hybrid schedule that I plan to follow, except I am switching out one workout. I will highlight every time I workout. It is for 6 days, but I will be happy if I do 5 days. I did NOT weigh in this week. I knew it would be bad.

:drinker: to a new week!
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Well I officially blew it (and will NOT backlog) this weekend. But I had to celebrate a big ole Seahawks win! YAHHHHHHH BABY!

I am getting back on it today, and lifting/doing some cardio. I didn't make my full goal of 3 lifts last week, so I am going to make every effort to make it happen this week. I did notice last week that I had a 9 week check-in streak (via 4 square) at the gym though and that made me pretty proud of myself. I am however, pretty disappointed that I just simply feel "bigger" since I've started lifting weights. I recognize that I don't eat as well I should/need to to lose the weight, but since lifting takes up so much time, my cardio has suffered greatly. I do feel stronger, which is an obvious plus, but still don't feel great in general about my appearance. I went with my girlfriend to look at bridesmaids dresses over the weekend, and let's just say that was a real eye opener. Sigh.... (sorry for being a debbie downer this AM). Hopefully this reality check can help give me a swift kick in the A :)

2 week goals:
    1. 3 days lifting AND cardio and at least 1 day cardio only
    2. Water
    3. Keep my eating on track

Have a great week ladies!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, Ram, your Sea Hawks certainly made our #1 Offense look pretty poor! It wasn't even that devestating because there wasn't any part of the game where we thought they might win:noway:

So I tried logging but couldn't. We didn't host, we went over to friends and so I tried, took a run, skipped breakfast, reasonable lunch...

Well, so star challenge starts today. It is really hard to stick to 1200 per day. And then we got tickets to the nuggets tonight. I decided I am going to have wine and dark chocolate Kind bar as my game snack.

I am not weighing til Wednesday and I drinking the detox tea!

I want to workout but I don't know which workout-maybe some HIIT...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Didn't do cardio last night....a car crashed into that particular side of the gym and the structural engineers aren't letting gym members into the studio (where Monday night cardio class is held). So, fine. Instead, I ate A LOT of popcorn.

Dumb.

Anyway, I actually had SUCH a smart and low-cal eating weekend, I'm p*ssed off that I blow it on a monday for no good reason.

Tres Dumb.

Shaking it off, though. Got 2 weeks before Mexico and I can totally lose any bloat and walk into that vacation with a flat tummy, and as much muscle as I've made over the last 2 years, lol.

No exercise, today.
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that the star challenge did not start until this week as last weekend I was way over. I have to stop going out & going to parties. I do pretty well during the week, but the weekends always get a little nuts & I am not as good about logging. I was a little over on my cals yesterday, but I planned accordingly today so it will even out. I ditched my Saturday morning yoga class because my daughter is starting Tae Kwon Do, but I also added a ballet class on Tuesdays, so now I dance four times a week, yay!

Amy - I just discovered Kind bars, love them, they are my new go to quick snack

Ram & kc - good goals & best of luck getting back into things

Beeps - bummer about Monday, but very exciting about Mexico - good luck getting prepped!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, Beeps, you will be going to Mexico about the time I go to Costa Rica! so excited.

I didn't actually get a Kind bar, I got the munchies in the afternoon so no snacks, but I did have my two cups of wine at the basketball game, and it wasn't so bad. I drink red wine a lot slower and so it's better.

husband made fajitas for dinner and I had to kind of ballpark cals, I didn't ask him how much oil he used to cook!

I am going to do a crustless quiche tonight and that should keep it lower for me. I can probably keep cals down tomorrow, but then Thursday is a bday outing for me. Dinner with friends then a comedy show with 2 item minimum so I don't know if I will try the wine again or try to budget for beers...
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I've done just okay this week. I've stayed within my cals for the most part. I had a couple wines last night. But I've only worked out once. My yoga class got canceled because of the ice. And I have a 1:00 meeting today so no lunch workout. I plan on running on my day off tomorrow and maybe try to squeeze a lift in too, but doubtful. I've got to wash sheets, and do laundry, and start thinking about what clothes to pull our for my trip next week because it will be in the 80's!!!! I also like to enjoy at least a little down time on my day off.

Last week I lifted 2x and got in 5 cardio sessions. Monday night I was in bed by 9. I think I was literally worn out so taking a rest day (or two) may be okay. I don't think I'll like the scale tomorrow though. I may go to bimonthly weigh ins once I return. I am really starting to dread Thursday mornings..... Maybe even monthly weigh ins along with measurements.

I need to establish a weight loss/incehs lost goal for the spring though. Babymaking is sort of on hold, and I'd really like to not go into a pregnancy with an extra 3-5 pounds. So maybe I'll make a Derby (1st Saturday in May) goal and buy myself a cute motivational outfit for our anual party. I can do a lot in 3 months.....
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Better_Balance - I'd like to get to "monthly" weigh-ins, myself....by end of 2014, that's a FIRM goal of mine!

I've eaten like CRAP Mon/Tues. No excuses....not even sure why! And, W-A-Y over "maintenance" calories.

:sad:

Soooooooooo, I'm not going to let it de-rail the ENTIRE week! As I debated whether "enough is enough" or whatever, with myself, this morning, my radio played the song "I WANT IT ALL" by Queen. *kitten*, YEAH, I want it all! And I want it now!

So, BACK I go to INCREASed FOCUS and INCREASed vigilance.

I'm fasting today. I'm lifting today. And, I'm going to get BACK-ON-TRACK and not "LOSE" this week!!!

BOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    chamberballnoface_zpsea9c787e.jpg

^^^ Here's what I look like when WELL-DRESSED!! Soooooooooooooooooooooo much MORE impressive then dumb bikini shots.

So, that is that! I was grazing 6'2" in this picture (AWESOME PURPLE HEELS!) and was channeling "Downton Abbey" for the hair and the jewelry.

I took this picture on Friday, January 31, 2014 before my formal gala. In my Vera Wang (sample!) size 8.

THAT, my dears, is NOTHING to get UPSET about! Sure, I need to lose these last 8- or 10- lbs....but, ain't nobody gonna notice, except me. THAT I KNOW.

So, sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I'm gonna do it, but I'm not expecting ANY accolades. For me, 8- or 10- lbs, at my height, just doesn't mean too much to the naked eye.

BOOM!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Beeps, you look lovely!

I continuously struggle with my efforts and these last pounds. Do I feel better 3-5 pounds lower than I am? Yes. Do I look better? To me, yes. My midsection is less fluffy. Does anyone else really notice? Doubt it. Is it hard to lose THOSE LAST POUNDS? YESSSS!!!!! I've been trying to lose those last pounds my whole life.....

Two of my good girlfriends both did paleo January. So no dairy, no sugar, no processed carbs, and no alcohol. Both saw great results and both I believe are keeping it up in a less restricted form. And it made me want to try something like that. Almost. And then I thought, I could just keep myself in check, up my protein some, lower my carb consumption some, drink less, move more, and I can still have results without an "extreme" (not that paleo is super extreme or super far from my "good days" diet) measures.

That's what I'm always walking.....is ALL THIS really worth those last few pounds? I do know I feel better when I work out regularly. Sometimes that is three workouts a week and sometimes (like last week) it is 8. I feel better when I eat healthy. I feel better when I don't drink like a fish. But I love chocoolate. And wine. And eating dinner out every now and again. And ordering pizza on Fridays. And those things make me happy too.

And somewhere I have to find my balance. I feel like I get closer year by year though, so that's good news.

Sorry for the lengthy reply. I've been thinking about this concept for a while and think I've posted something similar before, but Beeps, your post reminded me of it again. And maybe some of you feel the same way. :flowerforyou:
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @Better could not agree with you more. I've also been looking into Paleo, not necessarily for weight loss, but just for overall health and wellness. We'll see if I can work up the courage to do it :)

@Beeps AMAZING! That dress is so gorgeous :)

Well all of Seattle is officially losing their minds today. Our Seahawks are having their celebration parade today... Downtown is totally jammed, Macklemore blasting everywhere... ahhh LOVE IT!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options

Well all of Seattle is officially losing their minds today. Our Seahawks are having their celebration parade today... Downtown is totally jammed, Macklemore blasting everywhere... ahhh LOVE IT!

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!