HI

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    no alcohol last night just Vicodin:happy: much pain this morning and sticky computer keys still. Got to take the laptop in to get the OJ cleaned out of it.

Vicodin works :wink: I had a few after I had oral surgery last year and I may have had a drink or two with them :blushing:
    Feel better girl!!!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Victory! No alcohol last night! Definitely none tonight or tomorrow...hopefully I can have 0's all weekend too!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any Monday or last night...well, I had a sip of Coors Light from the husband's glass, but that was it. Tonight will be one or two---my grad school cohort will be finishing our first class tonight, so we're all going to Old Chicago's to celebrate. I'm driving, though, so I'll take it easy.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    At a wine merchant’s facility the regular taster died and the director started looking for a new one to hire.

A drunkard with a ragged, dirty look came to apply for the position.

The director of the factory wondered how to send him away.

They gave him a glass to drink.

He tried it and said, "It's a Muscat , three Years old, grown on a north slope, matured in steel containers". Low grade but acceptable.

"That's correct", said the boss.

Another glass....

"It's a cabernet, eight years old, a south-western slope, oak barrels, matured at 8 degrees. Requires three more years for finest results.."

"Correct."

A third glass...

''It's a pinot blanc champagne, high grade and exclusive'' calmly said the drunk.

The director was astonished.

He winked at his secretary to suggest something.

She left the room, and came back in with a glass of urine.

The alcoholic tried it.

"It's a blonde, 26 years old, three months pregnant and if you don't give me the job, I'll name the father."
  • kblue2007
    Options
    At a wine merchant’s facility the regular taster died and the director started looking for a new one to hire.

He tried it and said, "It's a Muscat , three Years old, grown on a north slope, matured in steel containers". Low grade but acceptable.

Another glass....

"It's a cabernet, eight years old, a south-western slope, oak barrels, matured at 8 degrees. Requires three more years for finest results.."

"Correct."

A third glass...

''It's a pinot blanc champagne, high grade and exclusive'' calmly said the drunk.

The alcoholic tried it.

"It's a blonde, 26 years old, three months pregnant and if you don't give me the job, I'll name the father."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Another glass....

"Correct."

A third glass...

The alcoholic tried it.

Hahahaha that was great.

Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - will be 0 but then it's Friday, my birthday and hang out time with my Gramma & Mom ....... = wine :drinker:

I'd love to say I'm not going to drink this coming Sunday buuuuuut Packers are playing the boyfriends team sooo either way, one of us is going to be upset. Just hoping it's him! :devil: Haha I know, not nice but my team is 11-0!!!! And where he cools down after awhile when his team loses, me, not so much. There will be wine or beer.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Had a craptastic day involving a fight with a crazy coworker, me thinks tonight will be drink-intensive.

Liz
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Liz, those crazy coworkers are killers! I have one at my office too...and a cranky little runner boy who doesn't manage his time very well and it drives me INSANE!!! I swear, I'm not in the mood for people today!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Ooookay so I know I said 0 for tonight but one of my friends was having wine and sushi tonight with her sister in law so I sort of got a craving. Boyfriend and I usually have the same thing to eat from the same place and I know he loves sushi so I figured why not?

Promise it'll be 0 tomorrow though =]
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Tragedy struck! My glass got stuck in the shaker, I tried to 'tap' it against the counter to free it and... crack!.... I could never be a bar tender!

Mon- 3 wines
    Tues- 4 wines
    Wed- 1dirty martini... so far...
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. I have a metal one now
  • kblue2007
    Options
    YES metal shakers!!!!!

Sunday-5beers
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-5oz of wine--only because my husband brought home dark chocolate covered peeps and we all know chocolate and wine go together soooooo well :wink:
    Thursday-??? not sure yet maybe another little glass :happy:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    n.gife.gifw.gifempty.gift.gifh.gifr.gife.gifa.gifd.gif

New month NEW THREAD!!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/410072-like-minded-lushes-december-2011

oh and yes to metal shakers!!!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Wait, I'm confused! I thought this was a group for people who like to drink. Are y'all trying to stop? Maybe I haven't found the paradise I thought this was :sad:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    lovely lush representing! turns out i joined after all....

*beerbrain.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tue - 0
    Wed - 0 & I had buddies texting me to come out to drink......................
    Thu - 0
    Fri - All Bets Are Off
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tue - 0
    Thu - 0
    Fri - All Bets Are Off

Gutsy move, already counted Thursday.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Wait, I'm confused! I thought this was a group for people who like to drink. Are y'all trying to stop? Maybe I haven't found the paradise I thought this was :sad:

Saturday - 1 bottle of Kokanee, and 1/2 bottle white wine
    Sunday- 1/2 bottle white wine and a snifter of Grand Marnier
    Monday- 1/2 bottle white wine
    Tuesday- 1/2 bottle red wine
    Wednesday- Rangur Tanquerey martini, extra cold, extra dry with 1 garlic stuffed olive and 1 chipotle stuffed olive AND 1/2 bottle white wine.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    haha.
    ^5 solpwr. well done! :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tue - 0
    Thu - 0
    Fri - All Bets Are Off

That's how I feel about Fridays and Saturdays and usually Sundays during football season.