HI

Options

Replies

• solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I didn't report about the wine tasting last Thursday. They had a really nice Gewurztraminer from Gunlach Bundchu (sp?) very nice and acidic. Dry style. There was a Rose Cava that was also tasty. They had a Beaujolais that was drinking great right now, and a 2010 Cotes du Rhone that was really closed down, needs about a year in the cellar before being good. But I drank all tiny tastes, except for those that I mentioned, I tasted them all twice.
    I had another glass of red at home.
    Fri - 1 bottle red wine (actually 1/2 of a 1.5 that I opened)
    Sat - went skiing, had 2 glasses of Tamarack Yard Sale Amber apres ski, and 1/2 bottle red wine.
    Sun - margarita at lunchtime, out with a friend (felt too early), had a Kokanee watching football, and finished off the 1.5L w/dinner

Tonight I should just chill. I need to get a good workout in, so I would like to watch football on the elliptical till 9PM when the club closes.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try my hardest to avoid alcohol until thursday and hoard as many calories as I can for thursday.

^^^^^^LYING^^^^^^ Having lunch tomorrow with my mom and brother.....I will be having atleast 1 glass of wine :blushing:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've been a good girl lately - 0 drinks on Sunday, 0 drinks on Monday, probably no drinks tonight....man - what's up with me?? lol

Looking forward to some wine on Thanksgiving :drinker: Maybe I'll drink like an aging rock star on Thanksgiving :laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    No wine last night, no vodka last night and therefore no real sleep last night either. :yawn:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    No wine last night, no vodka last night and therefore no real sleep last night either. :yawn:

Robin-me too!!! Not having alcohol in my system for two days seems to keep me up at night :laugh:

I'll be having a drink of some sorts at lunch today, then I will try not to have any more tonight when I get home, since I need to get a second workout in......:huh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Monday=2 drinks
    There was still wine in the box! so much for no drinks...
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm participating in a mini-challenge with ladies from my online parenting/other crap board. It's called the "No B!tching B!tches! Challenge" :laugh: This week's challenge is no alcohol from Monday to Wednesday, and no junk on those days either, along with and extra 30-60 minutes of exercise (total) over what you already planned.

That being said, I had a couple sips of wine last night, but that was it.
  • solpwr
    Options
    I did my workout last night, did some tanning bed, and went out for dinner for a change. Mexican, so I had two maggies.

I was admiring the tequila, and was treated to a taste of Jose Cuervo Platino. It's their high end silver. It was awesome. Too expensive to buy, but awesome.
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    hello everyone. Sometimes when I'm at the bar I find it hard to control how much I drink, especially when I get drinks bought for me. I don't want to be rude and turn down a free drink! So I've switched to some form of alcohol mixed with diet coke. The bars I go to only seem to have diet coke, no diet tonic or diet sprite or anything unfortunately... I had a long island the other night (they were on special for 3$) minus the sweet and sour, and with diet instead of regular coke. Needless to say, without the sweet and sour I think I felt the effect faster and only needed to drink 2 the whole night. Cut down my calories AND got the effect I was looking for :D
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Had 1 1/2 glasses of wine at lunch yesterday and 1 after my workout, not too shabby!! Tonight, I MAY have a small glass, just because it feels like friday :wink:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking alot lately.....oh well! And I'm sure its going to continue straight through January, I usually chill out then for a couple months until summer gets here.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Tuesday=2 glasses of wine. That box just keeps giving and giving, for which I am thankful:tongue:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I drank beers with my husband on Monday night, and 0 last night. Probably will have 0 tonight and tomorrow...hopefully I can continue that through the weekend. Feeling kind of down lately, so I don't think that drinking alcohol will help me at all.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    0-Monday
    0-Tuesday
    I think 0 tonight. Just haven't felt like drinking.
    I will be drinking on turkey day though. Unlike most people..I despise most food served on Thanksgiving..so I usually end up in a corner with a roll and the wine bottle. :drinker:
    I also don't like to shop, so I will be sucessfully avoiding Black Friday (unless I do some from the comfort of my computer..again..with a glass of wine)
    Hope everyone has a great holiday!
  • solpwr
    Options
    My best bud came over yesterday. He lives 500 miles away. He brought a bottle of Italian Nebbiolo (sp?). He finished most of what was in the decanter before I got home, then had what he brought. Then we moved on to a 2005 Walter Clore Private Reserve from my cellar, fabulous. Then a Louis Martini Cabernet Sauvignon. So I woke up wounded this morning. First time in a long time.
  • rjadams
    Options
    My best bud came over yesterday. He lives 500 miles away. He brought a bottle of Italian Nebbiolo (sp?). He finished most of what was in the decanter before I got home, then had what he brought. Then we moved on to a 2005 Walter Clore Private Reserve from my cellar, fabulous. Then a Louis Martini Cabernet Sauvignon. So I woke up wounded this morning. First time in a long time.

sounds great. except the wounded part.
  • rjadams
    Options
    I drank a cheap bottle of white last night. slept well.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well, drank more on Thanksgiving than I have drank in a very long time....

2 Bacardi & diet
    3 glasses Pinot Grigio
    1 shot of Bubble Gum Vodka (it was a dare...bleh!) lol

Gotta be better the next couple of days.....:noway:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty good this week, had a couple of nights when I had a drink and a couple when I didn't. Today I went out for lunch with a friend and had some delicious food, a couple of glasses of wine and then worked off some of the calories by cycling down to collect my son from school :happy:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tue - 0
    Wed - 4 beers
    Thur - don't ask
    Fri - bunch of beers. I know the answer before I ask the question, "Are we staying?" Another round then!
    Sat - I'm off the stuff today, hopefully.
    Sun - football watching beers...........