HI

Options

Replies

• bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Kate, I have no idea. It's from a place called Little Apple Brewery. It's called "Drunken Pumpkin". So, I'm assuming it's a pumpkin kind of beer. My husband claims it tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass....
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Whoa! I leave for a month or two and a group is formed. Took me 15 minutes to find a way to join up. Not used to the group thing. :drinker:

The fact that there is a message board yet and also this group had me confused for a bit. Oh well think I got it now!

Rowland's brewery in Chilton, WI has the best pumpkin beer I have ever had. I am not a guy who likes food items in my beer most days so this P beer did not have a shot really. A buddy convinced me to try a little and I was like wow.

I have since tried any and all I can get my hands on. To me it seems a lot are too nut meggy (is that a word? haha) or cinnamon flavored to be any good.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Glad you found us Chris!
    I'm thinking maybe we should start a new December thread as well..so that if anyone else is interested they can see us there and and eventually find their way here?
    Just a thought.
    I cannot believe it's almost December..and for those of you who already have your holiday decorations up...
    tongue.gif
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Kat, I'm am totally not feeling the Christmas decorations this year with my husband being gone but i'm with ya on the tradition thing. My kids would be so bummed if I didn't brake out the gazzilion boxes of memories stashed up in the attic. My family has always gone all out on Christmas and typically my house is a sight to be seen. I'm sure it will be again this year but It's taking a little more time to get motivated than usual.

bg, My BIL introduced me to my first Pumpkin beer a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure what I'd think of it but it was actually really delicious!s I think his was from Rogue Brewing. That's typically where he gets his micros.

Chris, I had a hell of a time getting into this group! I found them just fine but couldn't figure out how to join. I had to be invited. Glad you made it though:drinker:

So I think I need to set myself a limit... maybe 2 a day. I just can't sleep without my husband. I never thought I was so dependent on him but it's really hard not having him there next to me. This is only day 5 of him being gone... I've got 25 more days before I see him again.

On a brighter note... I have joined Dot in her Flight around the world and am super motivate to loss 10lbs in the next 23 days:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Gotta love a good challenge:drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    -glad you found us Chris.
    -I am not decorating for Xmas this year so I just say Bah Humbug.
    -Congrats to all of you who had zeros. Well done.

I am having a tooth extracted today so I was a bit nervous last night which led to some vodka. (liquid courage)

I will post a new thread within the group for December. Maybe I will post a thread to invite any new lushes you want to join us out on the boards too.

I am now tired, cranky and dreading my dentist appointment this afternoon. oh and I really don't care for my job so it will be a long day.

Sorry to sound so grumpy, I am just really struggling right now and I feel like a bloated pig.

I hope you all have a great day.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Awww Robin!!! Sorry about the stupid job and the stupid tooth!! I hope it goes well!! I am right with you...I am so bloated and I feel so gross!!! I can't wait until this holiday bloat is gone and I feel like myself again! Hopefully by the end of the week we will all feel alittle better. I can't wait to get to the gym tonight and sweat out some of the sodium!!!

Sunday-5 beers
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-shooting for 0

My favorite pumpkin beer is Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin and River Horse Pumpkin is pretty good too! Oh and if you can get your hands on a Southern Tier Pumpking do it....its like dessert, but alittle too sweet for me, but 1/2 a bottle does just fine :laugh:
  • kblue2007
    Options

On a brighter note... I have joined Dot in her Flight around the world and am super motivate to loss 10lbs in the next 23 days:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Gotta love a good challenge:drinker:

Oh me too :happy:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks, it's official
    Tuesday, 0 drinks, probable

Today I am going to do more Christmas shopping. I am meeting my extended family in Wi Dells on the 21st and 22nd. So, that means, Christmas is coming a bit earlier this year.

Robin, with a tooth pulled, looks like a liquid dinner :wink: Remember, not to drink out of a straw after the extraction. You def don't want dry socket.

Kasi, I can't sleep w/o hubs either :noway:

Good Luck to all the fly-the-world girls!! :flowerforyou:

I, usually, don't like stuff in my beer either....but, now, I want to try a pumpkin beer. Dang, you lushes!!! :drinker:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Sunday- about 12 oz of merlot with friends....didn't really measure
    Monday- 4 oz of Shiraz
    Tuesday- aiming for zero
    Wednesday- its my birthday so my husband is taking me out to a nice steakhouse :) im sure wine will be involved
    Thursday- aiming for zero
    Friday- i think the family wants to take me out for my bday so.....
    Saturday- friends want to take me out for the bday so.....

Birthday week always screws me up!!! But, I'm going to do my best to work out everyday except probably Wednesday to offset the drinks and eating out.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    UGH Robin! I hope your dentist is better than mine..cuz mine sucks hairy donkey balls! But I agree...do NOT drink with a straw...you'll end up in worse shape than you are. Be sure just to gulp down that vodka. :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday, should be ok even though DH has a ton of beer in the house, no beer for me.
  • bgrune131
    Options
    The pumpkin beer was certainly delicious last night. A little too much so....drank A LOT :( Feeling fine today, just a little tired. My new goal is to not drink until Christmas. Well, actually...Dec. 9th I have a Christmas party with my girlfriends, so I'll drink then...BUT after that...not til Christmas! I really hope I can actually do it!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    The pumpkin beer was certainly delicious last night. A little too much so....drank A LOT :( Feeling fine today, just a little tired. My new goal is to not drink until Christmas. Well, actually...Dec. 9th I have a Christmas party with my girlfriends, so I'll drink then...BUT after that...not til Christmas! I really hope I can actually do it!

Good luck Girl!!! It is pretty sad, that I KNOW I couldn't do it!!

GOOOOOO WILLPOWER, WOOHOO!!!!!!! :wink:
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Lol, I know, Kate! Seriously, I want to do it, but if I can make it that long, it will be a miracle!! I love my wine and beer far too much!!! Especially by the time Friday rolls around......
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - will be 0

=] it's a nice feeling. Looking forward to my birthday Friday. Wine with Mom & Gram then probably a nice dinner with the boyfriend and probably getting all our friends together for a nice dinner & drinks on Saturday.

I haven't gotten any work outs in this week but also haven't eaten a ton, just been going off of when my body wants food and for whatever reason, it's not often and it's not a lot so it would probably just put stress on my body to work out and burn a ton of calories I didn't eat, especially when I've been running around the house all day like crazy.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll put in a bike ride though.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Sunday-5beers
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0???

I really wanted a glass of wine last night, but by the time we finished dinner and cleaned up it was after 8 and we usually head to bed around 9, so I opted out for the evening, I didn't want to chug it just before bed.
    Tonight...maybe, I guess it all depends on my workout tonight and what time we get our *kitten* on the couch. Although it would probably be smart to NOT have any tonight, since I'm still trying to lose the bloat from the weekend............
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=0 drinks

Wednesday, not sure, but we'll see. I think I could go with just drinking on Friday and Saturday...
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 4 oz wine
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday- its my birthday, so the hubs is taking me out for dinner at Gibsons (if your from Chicago you should know it) so I will of course have to have some red wine with my steak!

The PLAN:
    Thursday- 0
    Friday- 0
    Saturday- out with friends so I'm sure there will be drinks
    Sunday- bday dinner with the family...thinking pizza and beer :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks, it's official
    Tuesday, 5 vodka drinks

Dang, I hate when that happens...it's best just not to have the stuff in the house at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    no alcohol last night just Vicodin:happy: much pain this morning and sticky computer keys still. Got to take the laptop in to get the OJ cleaned out of it.