***Welcome and introduce yourself!***

Options

Replies

• forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hey foks,
    I go by Lioness!!!
    I have a crazy huge long-term goal and that is why I was attracted to this group.
    I figure if I can manage to stick it out one week at a time maybe I will have a better chance at making it!!!
    Ummm... I have two sons, ages 3 & 4, and am unemployeed but working on a new career... In health and fitness!!!
    WISH ME LUCK!!! :bigsmile:

Welcome Lioness!!! Good luck. I found this group a few weeks ago and it is a great group of people. Take it one week at a time. You can do this!!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Rebekah... Just joined MFP yesterday and i love it! Anyways looking for good active groups to become part of -- and friends so hit me up!
  • sugarsweetattack
    Options
    Heyy, I'm Lindsey :) My best friend and I are here, doing this together, but I don't think we're enough. Um, so I'm looking for a place that I can feel inspired. I guess. Thanks!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Rebekah: welcome! I Iove MFP too, and couldn't have come this far without it. This group is active and very supportive.

sugarsweet: hello there! My best friend joined, and I quickly followed her. Glad to have this support group as it has me even more accountable, and motivated, than just us two could've provided (though we're awesome together).
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new comers to the mini goal group!!
    Stop on by the weekly challange thread and post what you want to work on for the week. Check in as little or as much as you'd like. We are a pretty supportive group and love others to join in on the mini goal fun.

So glad to have you all here!!
  • PreciousTreasure8117
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Candace and I have struggled with my weight since I was in middle school. I am currently doing very well and trying to stay motivated to get to my halfway mark of my goal! I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!

SW: 252
    CW: 216
    GW:190
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Candace and I have struggled with my weight since I was in middle school. I am currently doing very well and trying to stay motivated to get to my halfway mark of my goal! I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!

SW: 252
    CW: 216
    GW:190
    Welcome Candace and great work on your success so far. I think if you take it one week at a time with the goals you will continue to succeed. Everyone here is great and very supportive! Good Luck.
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I joined MFP only 1 day ago and I have a very long journey ahead of me. My long-term goal is to lose 95 lbs which is quite overwhelming! I am glad there is a weekly goal group, which will help me stay focused as we support each other. My real life name is Marg, I am retired and lead a life of inactivity (reading, quilting, watching TV (esp movies) & short walks with my dog.
    My first week's goals are to walk further each day and drink 8 glasses of water daily.
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    welcome Mardill, great goals. Check in as often or as seldom as you like, we post our goals in the weekly goal topic in our group. Personally, if I don't do a daily check in, I don't feel as accountable. But then again, I've issues, lol
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I just joined this group yestersday. My name is Sherri (Lost_it) & I want to lose 15 to 20 lbs in the next 2 months. I find setting smaller shorter goals works for me. I seem to be more motivated to reach them. I will start my weekly challenges starting on Sunday Jan 1/2012.

Looking forward to the daily check in to see how everyone is doing
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Welcome Sherri (aka Lost_it). Glad you found the group and have decided to join us while working toward your ultimate goal. Jump on the mini goal weekly thread when your ready, pick a couple things to work on, and your on your way! It's a great group, very supportive, and lots of fun :happy:
  • Lunamoon2
    Options
    Hi my name is Maria. I am thankful their is a group that understands that some people need to take small steps to reach their goal. I look foward to the tips, encourgement and all around community of this group.
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Renu have been on the boards many times , I am determined to lose weight but sugary sweet things along with rice are my downfall. This year I have resolved to take baby steps and pursue my weightloss goals.
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Welcome Maria! So glad you found the mini goal group! It's a really amazing group. I see you have already posted your goals for this week. Great job. here's to mini goaling our way to a healther lifestlye!

Welcome back Renu, so glad you are back with us! We will be here every baby step of the way toward your big goal. I'm a big fan of sugary sweets too, and have no willpower when it comes to them. But we can do this! We will do this!!
  • vivycwen
    Options
    Hi, I'm Vivienne (vivycwen) from Malaysia. I heard about this group from Lost_It.

I would like to lose about 13 kg (32.5 lbs), at least to get back in shape. I've been seen as a huge Chinese girl and I really have to shed all these weight off.
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Welcome Vivienne. I joined this group 3 weeks ago & I can say that this is the most supportive group I have ever joined. Just set your weekly goals, check in everyday & we will be there to help & support you as much as we can.

You will find that some of these ladies are SUPER SUPPORTIVE & VERY MOTIVATING. I am so glad that I found this wonderful group.

Good Luck
  • vivycwen
    Options
    Thank you, lost-it. :)
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Hi, I'm Vivienne (vivycwen) from Malaysia. I heard about this group from Lost_It.

I would like to lose about 13 kg (32.5 lbs), at least to get back in shape. I've been seen as a huge Chinese girl and I really have to shed all these weight off.
    Welcome Vivienne!! So glad you have joined our group. Feel free to post your goals on this week’s thread and jump right in!! We really are a supportive group and we are happy to help you and support you on your journey to a healthier you!!!

On a side note... I was in Malaysia back in 2008, my company has an office there and I got to go for two weeks to help train. I had a great time, but man oh man was it HOT!!!!
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Hello, my name is Olivia. =)

I'm dealing with some longterm health challenges. Recently things flared up and just about everything in my general day to day routine fell apart so health/fitness/weight got completely lost in the wayside. I'm working on slowly easing myself back into everything, because the last few times I tried to jump right in and play catch up I only set myself back further than I'd been before.

I think setting small weekly step-by-step goals is just what I need.
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Hello, my name is Olivia. =)

I'm dealing with some longterm health challenges. Recently things flared up and just about everything in my general day to day routine fell apart so health/fitness/weight got completely lost in the wayside. I'm working on slowly easing myself back into everything, because the last few times I tried to jump right in and play catch up I only set myself back further than I'd been before.

I think setting small weekly step-by-step goals is just what I need.

Welcome Olivia! So glad you found us! Mini goals are so helpful and will hopfully easy back into things. Jump on into the weekly thread, post your goals for the week and good luck to you!!