***Welcome and introduce yourself!***

Options

Replies

• cookies999
    Options
    Hi. My name is Alicia from New Zealand. I'm 31 and have put on 6 kg over the past year after the death of my father, eating too much junk and not paying attention! Hoping to lose it but know that I'm no good at makin big changes. FIngers crossed baby steps will change a lifetime of habits.
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Alicia, Olivia, and Vivienne! The ladies in this group are wonderful and the weekly goals really break things down to a manageable time frame!

Have a blessed day!:flowerforyou:
  • racs80
    racs80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    hi my name is rachael iv always had a problem with my weight most of the time it dosent bother me but lately i seem to be putting more and more on so i looked at my diet and lifestyle and decided it had to change i did week 1 by myself and then found this site which has motivated me even more i am now on week 3 and doing well and love reading every ones stories on here x
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    hi my name is rachael iv always had a problem with my weight most of the time it dosent bother me but lately i seem to be putting more and more on so i looked at my diet and lifestyle and decided it had to change i did week 1 by myself and then found this site which has motivated me even more i am now on week 3 and doing well and love reading every ones stories on here x

Welcome Rachael! Congrats on week 3, that's great. The support on MFP is fantastic, and this group is the best. It really makes this journey so much easier to have people to talk to that are on a similar journey to healthier lifestyles. Hop on over to the weekly thread, post some mini goals to work on this week and have at em!
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the newbies in our group! It seems to grow daily, but it never seems to be overwhelming like I have found some other threads to become. Here you are loved and we all geniunley care about seeing each other succeed.

It is THE BEST PARTY in town! I would not trade any of the lovely ladies for anything...:love:
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Amy. I have just finished a big challenge and found it really frustrating when all the goals seemed so unreachable especially for someone who is just starting their fitness journey.

I live in Toronto, I have a beautiful 4 yr old daughter who is the joy of my existence. I have 2 cats Gilbert and Moo who have grudgingly been knocked off their pedestal since Kadence came into the picture.

I want to lose a bunch of weight and keep it off. But short term I need to lose weight for an upcoming surgery. (My 8th heart related surgery) This extra weight adds risk to my health all the time but especially so when it comes to surgery so I am really trying to push to lose this weight and then keep going after I recover. I hope with this group I can start to develop some really healthy habits.

Can't wait to start!!!
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Amy. I have just finished a big challenge and found it really frustrating when all the goals seemed so unreachable especially for someone who is just starting their fitness journey.

I live in Toronto, I have a beautiful 4 yr old daughter who is the joy of my existence. I have 2 cats Gilbert and Moo who have grudgingly been knocked off their pedestal since Kadence came into the picture.

I want to lose a bunch of weight and keep it off. But short term I need to lose weight for an upcoming surgery. (My 8th heart related surgery) This extra weight adds risk to my health all the time but especially so when it comes to surgery so I am really trying to push to lose this weight and then keep going after I recover. I hope with this group I can start to develop some really healthy habits.

Can't wait to start!!!
    I think we can help support you and hopefully you go through surgery with flying colors. I can't imagine the strain of anticipating heart surgery let alone go through it 8 times. <<Hugs>> and many Prayers your way!!
  • ChocolateKisses1
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My real-life name is Susan and live near Munich, Germany. I work in the urological klinik in a hospital in Munich. Over 30 years ago, I moved from Chicago to Pirmasens in Rheiland-Pfalz (near K-town-he/she who was in the Army in Germany know this place) - talk about a culture schock!! 10 years ago I started my life new again and moved to Baveria with my cat Lilly - together we found the love of my life and and are content since then.

Like everyone esle, my life has had it's ups and downs - and I'm struggeling to keep my head above water! But I'm strong willed and have always risen with a smile on my face - and have the determination ob making the best out of EVERY situation!

Tschja, my weight has always been a problem - and in 2010 I lost about 40 pounds - then last year my husband and I had a car accident - I broke my breastbone and was at home for 4 months. Because I couldn't move around much nor do my weekly walks from 2 - 3 hours I gained 18 pounds back. :( Now I know I can do it, again - I just need a little push to get started! Who will help?

I'm looking forward to finding nice people to exchange thoughs and handle this episode in life together!

Smiles across the miles!!
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    ChocolateKiss--Welcome to the mini-goals group! Feel free to pop into the weekly goals thread and post your goals for the week there. You don't have to wait til a new one starts; you can just set whatever week works for you or just say hello. Many of us try to check in everyday as it helps our accountability, but some just check in once or twice a week as they are able. Sorry to hear about your car accident! That can definitely be a challenge to overcome, but with your great attitude, I know you'll get back into that healthy groove. So glad to have you with us! --Jenn
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I just joined group today. I have been with MFP over 2 years now. I love the site and if it had not been for the site I would probably be bigger than I am now. Meaning I would have gained all of my weight from Weight Loss Surgery back. I have manage to keep off over 200 pounds of 300 pounds lost. I am still just trying to get off the 80 pounds I regained. I am determined to do just that and my Motto is I am never giving up. I browsed some of the threads and I really feel this is the group I have been looking for.

Thanks Hearts for introducing me to it. I meet heart in another challenge thread. I look forward to getting to know you all better. I will do my best to check in daily when possible. Since my profile page is private, I copied my profile page for this group.

March 27, 2010: I have been morbidly obese all my life. I have a lifetime of mental and physical scars from obesity. In October 2004 I had Gastric Bypass surgery. WLS (Weight Loss Surgery) was the best gift that I could and did give to myself.

In the last 3 years I have gained back 80 of almost 300 pounds lost initially after weight loss surgery. I never reached my goal weight of 200 pounds. I still managed to keep off over 65 percent of the weight I lost which is very good and I am very proud of my accomplishments since 2004. It has literally changed my life for the better on all levels. I am here to lose re-gained weight and to reach my initial goal weight. I am in no hurry. I am taking this one day at a time and I am in it for the long haul.

Surgery did not fix the head. It is a good tool and the best gift I have given to myself, but it was not the easy way out as many people think. Once the honeymoon period is over after the WLS it is up to the patient to keep the weight off.

On August 29, 2011-- I was admitted to Intensive Out Patient Eating Disorder Program to learn how to manage my binge eating disorder effectively. The program is wonderful indeed and will be instrumental in me reaching all of my goals. The focus of this program was how to eat and not diet. Weight loss was not a goal of the program. I actually gained 20 pounds in program. But I had to get thru a lot of stuff and my the time I was released I had stopped gaining. I was discharged from program on December 3, 2011

March 1, 2012 started Weight Watchers for the last time. This time I am sticking with it and along with MFP and WW I can't lose or can I? lol! MFP and WW a win win for me!. Starting weight was 378.

My highest weight was 611 in 2003. Weight in 2004 before surgery was 580. Lowest weight after surgery was 302 in 2007.

"I May Not Be Where I Want To Be, but Im Not Where I Use To Be!"

Starting weight with MFP is 388 - March 27,2010
    ♥♥♥
    MY BLOG link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mollie1037/view/so-i-never-forget-how-far-i-have-come-already-and-my-journey-is-not-over-114918
    Lose 90lbs by 1/01/13 ~ Achieved ???

*** Major Goals***
    Goal One: Weigh less than 300 lbs by 1/1/13
    Goal Two: Weigh less than 240 lbs by 1/1/14
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mollie! I'm blown away by your weight loss, I love your attitude of taking it one day at a time.
    I hope you find as much support and love here as I have.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Welcome Mollie! I'm blown away by your weight loss, I love your attitude of taking it one day at a time.
    Thank you Daniela! I am excited to have another place to check in daily and keeping it very simple too.
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mollie,
    You have done an amazing job with your weight loss. Finding something that works for you is sometimes difficult but well worth it. It looks like weight watchers and mfp are a good fit for you. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you can take it one day at a time. it is about changing your lifestyle to a healthy one and making the best choices that you can as often as you can.

This group of wonderful women is about support and a safe place to vent. The one piece of advice that I can give you is to plan, plan, plan. I know that WW has all kinds of tools for you and at the same time having things ready and planned out for your day will go along way. FYI, I also eat pretty often during the day so I don't get too "hungry". It seems to help me. Good luck with your goals. Paulette
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options

I am with Papillon - WOW! we certainly would like to be part of your cheerleading team! You can continue to rock this!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Welcome Mollie,
    You have done an amazing job with your weight loss. Finding something that works for you is sometimes difficult but well worth it. It looks like weight watchers and mfp are a good fit for you. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you can take it one day at a time. it is about changing your lifestyle to a healthy one and making the best choices that you can as often as you can.

This group of wonderful women is about support and a safe place to vent. The one piece of advice that I can give you is to plan, plan, plan. I know that WW has all kinds of tools for you and at the same time having things ready and planned out for your day will go along way. FYI, I also eat pretty often during the day so I don't get too "hungry". It seems to help me. Good luck with your goals. Paulette

Thanks so much Paulette! I have been planning and that has been working beautifully, now I just need to stick it, making it a lifestyle commitment. I eat many times per day. That is one of the things they taught us in Eating disorder program. 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks per day. No more than 2 items per snack. I am just putting everything learned together to get a winning outcome. I thought MFP would be sufficent but I need more but now that I have found this group I do believe if laid off from my job in January as rumor has it or even before I will be able to let WW go and continue to lose weight. I am very serious this year about getting under 300 pounds. This year I am going to do it.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

I am with Papillon - WOW! we certainly would like to be part of your cheerleading team! You can continue to rock this!
    Thanks Lananita!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mollie,

Thanks so much Paulette! I have been planning and that has been working beautifully, now I just need to stick it, making it a lifestyle commitment. I eat many times per day. That is one of the things they taught us in Eating disorder program. 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks per day. No more than 2 items per snack. I am just putting everything learned together to get a winning outcome. I thought MFP would be sufficent but I need more but now that I have found this group I do believe if laid off from my job in January as rumor has it or even before I will be able to let WW go and continue to lose weight. I am very serious this year about getting under 300 pounds. This year I am going to do it.
    Oh Mollie! I'm so glad you enjoy the group, there simply is not another like this out there, not that any of us have found at least. Love the idea that even though there are many members (total group members) it still stays small and intimate so we can get to know one another and cheer each other on.

Again, so happy to hear you love being here, I thought that you would! :flowerforyou:

Cheers to all the Mini's!!:smooched: :drinker:
    Hearts:heart:
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Amy. I live in Jacksonville, FL & am 48 yrs old. I've been on MFP exactly 6 months today.

I started out strong, loosing weight real well, but, during the last four months, I've been struggling. My struggle is due to me eating too much food, or eating the wrong foods. I know better and it is frustrating. But, I'm still exercising.

I'm hoping the mini goals and challenges of this group will help me stay more focused mentally where I think more before eating the wrong food, just because it's there. The possibilities are endless beyond that with the mini goals!! I'm also here to support you all too!

I'm looking forward to next week's mini goals / challenges / discussion and reading what you all have planned for yourselves for the coming week!!!

Please feel free to tell me "better ways" of setting the mini goals for a while. I welcome help.
    Amy
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Amy. I live in Jacksonville, FL & am 48 yrs old. I've been on MFP exactly 6 months today.

I started out strong, loosing weight real well, but, during the last four months, I've been struggling. My struggle is due to me eating too much food, or eating the wrong foods. I know better and it is frustrating. But, I'm still exercising.

I'm hoping the mini goals and challenges of this group will help me stay more focused mentally where I think more before eating the wrong food, just because it's there. The possibilities are endless beyond that with the mini goals!! I'm also here to support you all too!

I'm looking forward to next week's mini goals / challenges / discussion and reading what you all have planned for yourselves for the coming week!!!

Please feel free to tell me "better ways" of setting the mini goals for a while. I welcome help.
    Amy
    Hi Amy! Great to have you aboard, you've just discovered the best group ever! So glad you're looking forward to being part of it, always fun to have a new member. This group is a good way to set goals without being overwhelmed and seeing progress we make together each week is empowering!

Hearts:heart:
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Amy

Welcome Amy! We are so glad that you have joined the group!