***Welcome and introduce yourself!***

Options

Replies

• Daily_Energy
    Options
    My earlier username was fit_2012,Fit_2013 . Due to technical MFP problems could not log in and had to delete account and start again.
    I would love to join back with this group around New Year.

Happy Holidays to all.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    My earlier username was fit_2012,Fit_2013 . Due to technical MFP problems could not log in and had to delete account and start again.
    I would love to join back with this group around New Year.

Happy Holidays to all.
    Love your new user name... I'll send you out a new request to get you back on my FL :wink: Sorry about the MFP glitch but I do love the new name a lot. Have a lovely Holiday if you celebrate!

Hearts:heart:
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy... welcome to the group. It is the best. I used to live in Jax. Still have lots of family there. What part?

Welcome back Fit!!! I am with Hearts, love the new name!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Welcome to all our new members in 2013 on MFP! :drinker:

If you're reading this you've found us!:bigsmile: Please don't feel shy, we're a nice caring group of Women that want to get healthier in life. Mini-goals seem to really help with that, goals can be anything from food related, fitness related to anything in between.

We set new goals the first day of each week, Sunday and check in daily or as often as you can.

Hope to see you on the this weeks goal thread:flowerforyou:

• walk_fit
    walk_fit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi all after many usernames and not able to log in ultimately this username had no problems. Many days I just could not log in. MFP tried to fix the problem but was not able to. I still donot know if it was a MFP issue or my computer.

Ready to start this year with enthusiasm. Have not lost any weight but very hopeful this year.

Along with this site I am registering for an online course called 6 week full- filled/renee method program .

No drastic measures this year no unrealistic expectatione or goals.
    I like to be part of this old group of mine which didnot let me quit.

Old usernames- fit_2012,Fit_2013, fitnessmonthly.
  • Mslibb
    Mslibb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name's Libby, 39 year old graphic designer from New Zealand. I came across this group while looking for a support network for this weight loss journey, and after browsing a few of the threads I think I've found it - what a wonderful and supportive group of people! I would love to join the cheer team, if you'll have me :flowerforyou:

I love the idea of the mini-goals - one week at a time - what a great way to break down an otherwise daunting task!

I will have a think about my goals for this coming week and I hope to get to know you all better along the way :smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name's Libby, 39 year old graphic designer from New Zealand. I came across this group while looking for a support network for this weight loss journey, and after browsing a few of the threads I think I've found it - what a wonderful and supportive group of people! I would love to join the cheer team, if you'll have me :flowerforyou:

I love the idea of the mini-goals - one week at a time - what a great way to break down an otherwise daunting task!

I will have a think about my goals for this coming week and I hope to get to know you all better along the way :smile:
    Hi Libby..welcome :flowerforyou: It'd be great to have you join us, sounds like this is the type of challenge group you've been looking for. You're right, it's a warm and friendly group and we continue to encourage one another to meet our goals etc.

Glad you're here!
  • Mslibb
    Mslibb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Hearts :-)
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options

Hi Libby,
    Welcome to our group. It is such a terrific group of those of us making as many healthy choices as we can. We strive to change our lifestyle and reach the goals the individually we want o reach. If you read some of the past threads - maybe before the holidays, you will see that there is a wide variety of mini goals.

We are so happy you decided to join our group and we will support you in nt way that we can. I would suggest that you keep your goals simple at the start and build and change as you move forward. Good luck and i am looking forward to seeing your goals each week
  • cicigreen
    Options
    Hi I'm cicigreen (cici) and I'm new to the group! I love the idea of mini challenges. Looking forward to speaking with everyone!
  • cassidaymoriarity
    cassidaymoriarity Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am definitley one of the younger people on here at 14, but oh well. The earlier you start the faster you get results just this time it will save me years. I wasn't always overweight in kindergarten I was what you would call a skinny miny. skinny long pale blonde hair and just loving life, but of course bullying started because I was too skinny at the time and so I slowly ate more more because I was sad all the time because no one wanted to be friends with the skinny miny. I became an emotional eater and still today when I am upset I crave food. I gained pound after pound and by 6th grade I was in the late 140s and early150s. I tryed dieting but that didn't work and for another two years I gained some more weight to where I am now. 151ish or 152ish. I was 160 but lost 3 pounds and then lost 7 lbs since january 1st. I kinda have gotten off track and now I need to get back on and I know I might be young but fitness is for life and for everyone.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Hi I'm cicigreen (cici) and I'm new to the group! I love the idea of mini challenges. Looking forward to speaking with everyone!
    Hi Cici! Great to have join the group, looking forward to getting to know you more:wink:

• OldTrixieFrench
    OldTrixieFrench Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Hello All! I love the idea of setting little mini goals! I cannot wait to start my 1st mini week. I leave for florida in one week from today so i am thrilled to find this group. My name is Jennifer and i am 29. I have lost 13 pounds so far with the help of MFP and the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Challenge at work. We have one more full month left and i really am pushing for 10 more pounds. This next week i am being realistic and pushing for 2 more pounds, slow as steady wins the race and i have been on the top 10 leader board 3 times now! I just want to be healthier and not a prisoner to food and the dreaded HARIBO GUMMIE BEARS. i have mentioned in other posts i am obsessed and really i am. I LOVE CANDY!!! anyway...... sidetracked. I am excited to learn more about all of you and get started with my mini week challenge!!! Todays quote is I NEVER REGRET WHEN I DO IT I ONLY REGRET WHEN I DONT :flowerforyou:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone… I just LOVE this idea. I’ve never been one that was very good at “setting goals”. I normally think - I want to do _____ and then just do it. Never thought of it as getting a goal and achieving that goal.

Anywho, I’m Jen - 38 yrs old! I live in a VERY SMALL town in Southern Indiana....we don't even have a stop light! I've been married for 4.5 yrs - second marriage for both of us. I have two step-kids - boy (almost 15 yrs old - SHEW... the teenager years are a bear already!!!!) and a girl (who turned 11 yrs old a couple of weeks ago). I don't have any children of my own... just a yellow lab - Baxter.

I work in Sales and Marketing.... I'm sure some of you will snarl at my position. :flowerforyou: I'm used to it... I travel at least 4 times a year for my job.... I've only been in this position for a little over a year. My last job I was at for 10 years.... so things are still really new and stressful!

While 90% of my progress actually happened back in 1998 - I lost 75 lbs doing it the old fashion way…walking and watching what I ate. I've since gained a little over 10 lbs of it back so I'm working on that now. I started Turbo Jam about 3 weeks ago... I LOVE IT!! I also have an elliptical and weight machine in our basement so after YEARS of gym memberships I am finally blessed to have everything I need here at home. :smile:

I just joined another group ~ May Challenge 2013 Calories Burned~ SO I’M Looking forward to SWEATING AND BURNIN' SOME BUTTER in MAY!! :noway: WHOOOOP!!! WHOOOOOP!!!! :laugh: So obviously one of my mini goals will be to burn the calies I’ve set for myself. I'm hoping to burn 1,200 a week.... actually I'm hoping to "BLOW THAT OUTTA DA WATA" but we'll see. :bigsmile:

Weekly Goals for 4/28 - 5/4
    * Drink 3 (24 oz) bottle/cups of water a day
    * Burn 1,200 calories this week

*** Major Goals***
    Goal: Lose 15 lbs by 9/1/13 :glasses:
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi Hello All! I love the idea of setting little mini goals! I cannot wait to start my 1st mini week. I leave for florida in one week from today so i am thrilled to find this group. My name is Jennifer and i am 29. I have lost 13 pounds so far with the help of MFP and the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Challenge at work. We have one more full month left and i really am pushing for 10 more pounds. This next week i am being realistic and pushing for 2 more pounds, slow as steady wins the race and i have been on the top 10 leader board 3 times now! I just want to be healthier and not a prisoner to food and the dreaded HARIBO GUMMIE BEARS. i have mentioned in other posts i am obsessed and really i am. I LOVE CANDY!!! anyway...... sidetracked. I am excited to learn more about all of you and get started with my mini week challenge!!! Todays quote is I NEVER REGRET WHEN I DO IT I ONLY REGRET WHEN I DONT :flowerforyou:

Hi Jennifer!

Welcome to the group! Congrats on your loss so far! Sounds like you are very dedicated and ready to go. I hear you :heart: of sweets. Great quote!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone… I just LOVE this idea. I’ve never been one that was very good at “setting goals”. I normally think - I want to do _____ and then just do it. Never thought of it as getting a goal and achieving that goal.

Anywho, I’m Jen - 38 yrs old! I live in a VERY SMALL town in Southern Indiana....we don't even have a stop light! I've been married for 4.5 yrs - second marriage for both of us. I have two step-kids - boy (almost 15 yrs old - SHEW... the teenager years are a bear already!!!!) and a girl (who turned 11 yrs old a couple of weeks ago). I don't have any children of my own... just a yellow lab - Baxter.

I work in Sales and Marketing.... I'm sure some of you will snarl at my position. :flowerforyou: I'm used to it... I travel at least 4 times a year for my job.... I've only been in this position for a little over a year. My last job I was at for 10 years.... so things are still really new and stressful!

While 90% of my progress actually happened back in 1998 - I lost 75 lbs doing it the old fashion way…walking and watching what I ate. I've since gained a little over 10 lbs of it back so I'm working on that now. I started Turbo Jam about 3 weeks ago... I LOVE IT!! I also have an elliptical and weight machine in our basement so after YEARS of gym memberships I am finally blessed to have everything I need here at home. :smile:

I just joined another group ~ May Challenge 2013 Calories Burned~ SO I’M Looking forward to SWEATING AND BURNIN' SOME BUTTER in MAY!! :noway: WHOOOOP!!! WHOOOOOP!!!! :laugh: So obviously one of my mini goals will be to burn the calies I’ve set for myself. I'm hoping to burn 1,200 a week.... actually I'm hoping to "BLOW THAT OUTTA DA WATA" but we'll see. :bigsmile:

Weekly Goals for 4/28 - 5/4
    * Drink 3 (24 oz) bottle/cups of water a day
    * Burn 1,200 calories this week

*** Major Goals***
    Goal: Lose 15 lbs by 9/1/13 :glasses:

Hi Jen!
    Welcome to the group! Congrats on your loss and ability to keep a lot of it off, maintainace is hard work!! I hope the mini goals help keep you motivated and moving forward. I love dogs espicially labs, they are such great dogs! I myself have a min pin/ mini doxie.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Jennifer & Jen, welcome to our group... it's warm and fuzzy and very welcoming... great to have you both here for a 2nd week!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ThinnerTimesAhead
    ThinnerTimesAhead Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kay, I am from PA! I recently started back up on MFP and have been doing pretty well. I also recently
    joined the gym and have been going about 6 days a week. I love it. Wow, did I say that? I am ready to one day see "Onederland!" It has been a ride for sure and I decided no more "dieting" and I needed a "lifestyle change!" Here I am on my "lifestyle change!"

I was once very close to ONEDERLAND, but got into a serious relationship and got comfortable and gained most of the weight back - that was over 5 years ago! Now, it's time to regain that "Thinner" self, because I know she is in there someone.

I started at 288lbs and as of 2 weeks, I am down 8lbs. I love making mini goals and trying to do it in sets of 10!

I am always up for new "friends!" I am pretty active on here now, so I'd love to connect!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kay, I am from PA! I recently started back up on MFP and have been doing pretty well. I also recently
    joined the gym and have been going about 6 days a week. I love it. Wow, did I say that? I am ready to one day see "Onederland!" It has been a ride for sure and I decided no more "dieting" and I needed a "lifestyle change!" Here I am on my "lifestyle change!"

I was once very close to ONEDERLAND, but got into a serious relationship and got comfortable and gained most of the weight back - that was over 5 years ago! Now, it's time to regain that "Thinner" self, because I know she is in there someone.

I started at 288lbs and as of 2 weeks, I am down 8lbs. I love making mini goals and trying to do it in sets of 10!

I am always up for new "friends!" I am pretty active on here now, so I'd love to connect!
    Hi Kay! welcome to the group! I hope you find as much support and encouragement as I have. :flowerforyou:
  • myprana
    Options
    Glad to have found this group! I really am in need of accountability and setting a weekly goal sounds like a step in the right direction. This isn't my first dieting rodeo, but am aiming for it to be my last. :)