• Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome, myprana!
    We can do this one mini goal at a time!
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Rachael. I'm trying to get back to feeling good about myself! It gets pretty overwhelming though, thinking of the 48 pounds I hope to lose. I am so excited to focus on a goal each week with your support. And I can't wait to support and be inspired by you all! :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me as a friend as well!

Rach
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rachael!
  • darcyrees
    darcyrees Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group...actually my first myfitnesspal group. I liked the title of focusing on mini goals.
  • mg17601
    Options
    Hello, I've been eating right and exercising more since Jan 2013 and met my first goal of getting out of the 190s in May. I've been trying different things to make my next goal of getting out of the 180s since then. I think my biggest obstacle is not enough activity on a regular basis. Weekly mini-goals may be just what I need to get moving more consistently. Great Idea for a Group! :smile:
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been eating right and exercising more since Jan 2013 and met my first goal of getting out of the 190s in May. I've been trying different things to make my next goal of getting out of the 180s since then. I think my biggest obstacle is not enough activity on a regular basis. Weekly mini-goals may be just what I need to get moving more consistently. Great Idea for a Group! :smile:

Welcome Mg17601. Congrats on your goal and getting out of the 190"s. that is terrific. I hope you are able to begin to be more active. our little mini goal group has worked well for many. it has been quiet of late but a very supportive group. Post whenever you like and any goal is a great one. it is just for one week at a time. Good luck.
  • irakrishna1
    irakrishna1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am Ira Krishna. I like this mini goal concept. I have to lose 53 lbs.My mini goal for this week is
    1. 60 min cardio 5 days atleast.
    2. Logging in food/exercise diary every day.
    3. 30 reverse sit up 5 days
    4. Jumping rope 5 min/5 days

Add me as a friend if you need a push or encouragement. I would keep updating about my progress as well.

My week is Monday-Sunday.
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Hi all! I am Ira Krishna. I like this mini goal concept. I have to lose 53 lbs.My mini goal for this week is
    1. 60 min cardio 5 days atleast.
    2. Logging in food/exercise diary every day.
    3. 30 reverse sit up 5 days
    4. Jumping rope 5 min/5 days

Add me as a friend if you need a push or encouragement. I would keep updating about my progress as well.

My week is Monday-Sunday.

Welcome to our group. I hope you enjoy it. we are all in this together. we have different amounts of interaction from week to week. the last couple of weeks have been quiet but I think more people will rejoin after the holidays. great goals and I hope you can find the new thread. let me know if you need anything or any additional encouragement. We are so happy you joined our group.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to see if anyone needs help getting started.... we're a great bunch, couldn't be more supportive. Come see for yourself Ladies!

Welcome to our Weekly Challenge Group:flowerforyou:

Hearts:heart:
  • rghardesty
    rghardesty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rebecca. I'm new on MFP - hope I'm posting this in the right place (please let me know if not) I'm here to try to stay on task :) I have gained around 20 lbs since i hit my 40s, so I'm working on losing some of it. I have a BIG sweet tooth, and love to eat sweets, rather than a regular meal, and I love to snack. I like to walk because it makes me feel great (and reduces joint pain), so I don't have a problem exercising every day. My primary goals are to eat healthier, reduce my sweets, and drink a lot more water (I usually only drink about a cup a day). So, I'm hoping this group will help me by setting small goals every week.
    My first goals for this week will be:
    1: Drink at least 3 cups of water each day.
    2: Don't go over calorie goal by more than 200 calories.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rebecca. I'm new on MFP - hope I'm posting this in the right place (please let me know if not) I'm here to try to stay on task :) I have gained around 20 lbs since i hit my 40s, so I'm working on losing some of it. I have a BIG sweet tooth, and love to eat sweets, rather than a regular meal, and I love to snack. I like to walk because it makes me feel great (and reduces joint pain), so I don't have a problem exercising every day. My primary goals are to eat healthier, reduce my sweets, and drink a lot more water (I usually only drink about a cup a day). So, I'm hoping this group will help me by setting small goals every week.
    My first goals for this week will be:
    1: Drink at least 3 cups of water each day.
    2: Don't go over calorie goal by more than 200 calories.

Hi Rebecca,
    Glad to have you join us....you've posted in the perfect place. Each Sunday we put up a new thread for the week where we post our mini goals we'd like to work on accomplishing. Here's the link for this weeks thread, some start their week out on Sunday and some on Monday which ever works best for you.

You can post this weeks goals on the link below....

You've set great goals btw!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1203503-weekly-warrior-mini-goal-challenge-2-16-02-22

• Papillon22
    Options
    Welcome, Rebecca! :smile:
  • Persistent20
    Persistent20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    February 18, 2014 8:48 pm I joined this group because I love your focus on a week at a time and your supportive posts. Like many of you, I've lost significant weight several times and kept it off 2-3 years. I finally got past that barrier and kept my weight down for 10 + years, but half of it has slowly crept back on. I've found arthritis makes exercise harder and I'm working hard on getting exercise without triggering flare-ups.

I've found tracking my eating helpful, but I spend a lot of time at the computer.

My goals are continue logging all food and exercise.
    Develop some more interesting meal plans
    Vary my exercise and be judicious to avoid injury. I may try splitting exercise into two sessions to give myself a better chance of not hurting myself.

Anybody else over 70?

Persistant

I anyone else over 70?

Persistent
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    February 18, 2014 8:48 pm I joined this group because I love your focus on a week at a time and your supportive posts. Like many of you, I've lost significant weight several times and kept it off 2-3 years. I finally got past that barrier and kept my weight down for 10 + years, but half of it has slowly crept back on. I've found arthritis makes exercise harder and I'm working hard on getting exercise without triggering flare-ups.

I've found tracking my eating helpful, but I spend a lot of time at the computer.

My goals are continue logging all food and exercise.
    Develop some more interesting meal plans
    Vary my exercise and be judicious to avoid injury. I may try splitting exercise into two sessions to give myself a better chance of not hurting myself.

Anybody else over 70?

Persistant

I anyone else over 70?

Persistent
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1203503-weekly-warrior-mini-goal-challenge-2-16-02-22

Welcome to the group Persistant:happy: Always great to have new folks.... I posted this weeks link just above for you to find us. We begin a new thread each week (but of course you can join us anytime!), some check in daily, some weekly, most when they can. Posting daily if one can really keeps the motivation going and the focus on making changes in our lives.

Looking forward to seeing you on the thread! Oh and yes I do understand about arthritis, I have some knee issues I pretend aren't there:blushing: :bigsmile:

• forestrose910
    Options
    Welcome Persistent,
    sorry that your arthritis interferes with your exercise. but you have outlined a good plan and I know you can do it. take it one day at a time and one step at a time. Good luck and I hope to see you on our weekly thread.
  • Papillon22
    Options
    Welcome, persistent! :flowerforyou:
  • FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello - I know its towards the end of the goal week, but I really wanted to go ahead and get started with a group to help hold me accountable to my goals - 1 step at a time. If I drop out of sight, please message me or bug me somehow to get back on it!

My name is Kim, 43 yrs old, secretive binge eating since age 12 (never had to deal with any purging behaviors). Somehow I've never been terribly overweight (40 lbs at most). I am ready to kick that awful habit for good - its expensive, draining, and embarrassing to say the least. I've had success when I've gotten very FOCUSED on a daily basis on healthy active goals. Logging food and keeping up with my calorie balance with my BodyMedia armband has worked very well for me.

I have tried binge eating groups, but they seem to get me focused more on the problem and lead me to do worse. Focusing something you're craving and trying to quit isn't helpful for me. I've had a great week so far and I realized that I haven't thought at all about the problem, instead just on eating the right foods and staying active with other people to keep up the positive momentum.

I feel super motivated and "cured" at the moment, and I really don't want to let this mindset slip away. Tough times are inevitably ahead, and I want to have as many weapons in my arsenal as possible when it comes time to battle my demons.

Goal #1:
    Log my calories in and calories burned each day. I use BodyMedia for calories burned. I made my MFP food log open to all friends.

Goal #2:
    Go to my local workout class at least 2x/week. Knowing I'll be around others makes it less likely for me to binge. Plus, the workouts are great!

Goal #3:
    Do at least 3 workouts on my 10k runner app each week. I started a 10k running program on Monday and I really want to see it to the end.

Mon Feb 17:
    Calories in/out logged!
    Workout class (pilates) done!
    Week 1, Day 1 of 10k plan done!

Tue Feb 18:
    Calories in/out logged!
    Workout class (HIIT) done!
    Week 1, Day 1 of 10k plan repeated

Weds Feb 19:
    Calories in/out logged!
    Skied with group of friends!

Thurs Feb 20:
    Calories in/out logged!
    Workout class (pilates) done!
    Week 1, Day 2 of 10k plan done!

Onward :-)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Welcome Persistent & Kim!! :flowerforyou:
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Hi Kim,
    Welcome to our group. I hope it supports you in your goals.
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hey all - Just joined...I've been avoiding my scale for a year and a half (eeeks!!). I just joined a challenge and will need to weigh-in on 4/1, so I thought this would be a good way to cleanse in preparation.

I will post my goals for the week now, but I'm trying to figure out if this group requires a daily check-in...If someone could reply here to let me know that would be great...thanks!