Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• jmdawg
    jmdawg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Had a really good week this last week. Made some good food choices and got in a round of golf.

LW 329.4
    CW 319.8
    Loss 9.6
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Good morning Guys!

I hope you are all doing well and having a great week.

My wife and I got back Sunday from nearly a week in Vegas. I just noticed I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I've had some fluctuation but am pretty happy. I had dropped to about 332 just before leaving and was up to about 338 the day I got back. I attribute most of that gain to water retention. It was between 104 - 110 degrees the entire time we were there and I just couldn't keep up with staying hydrated. Since I got home I am down to 333.

So the loss shown for me is since the last time posted and not in the last week.

I went to the doctor yesterday for some follow up. 10 pounds down since my last visit 1 month ago and down 10 points on my upper and lower blood pressure numbers. The doctor and I were both very pleased with how I'm doing. I am back to my improved diet and hydration. Curious to what results will be over the next 2 weeks.

jmdawg, WOW- great job buddy!!!

8ptuptrqdo77.jpg
  • Horstbc
    Horstbc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great job, both of you! That’s very encouraging to read.

I’ve done quite poorly the past few weeks, this last week in particular. I’ve been letting myself have “cheats” frequently and giving myself larger portions of my Nutrisystem-titled “SmartCarbs” and “PowerFuels” (essentially targeted sources of carbohydrates and protein).

Planning to hold myself closer to a “no snitching” baseline in the next few weeks to build on the weight loss I have from the last five months (still down 27.2 lbs from my start for the year).

LW: 228.0
    CW: 231.8

Gain: 3.8

I don’t mind one hitch in the graph, but I want to keep my weight trending down overall!
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning at 214.4, a gain of 5.3 pounds since three weeks ago. Not so good. I think I weigh more than I did when I started MFP in 2011. I am going to commit to tracking my calories all week. One step at a time.

CWW = 214.4
    LWW = 209.1
    Gain = 5.3
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Welcome back jmdawg!
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Howdy Guys,

Looks like some of us had a bit of a rough week. I'm forecasting a really good posting from you guys next week.

eqewzk02hfj8.jpg
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Nice job on being the loser this week Tim!

I am going to get back to checking in at the end of the week.

LW = 214.4
    CW = 208.8
    Loss = 5.6

Some of that loss must be fluctuation due to eating salty foods, but I've been good about logging all my meals & snacks --- which keeps me on track and not overeating. I don't expect to see such a big loss next week, but I am planning on keeping on track. I need to be careful about the weekend.
  • Horstbc
    Horstbc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I’m up a little again. Trying to address my snacking to get this back under control and I’m the right direction.

I have been exercising more again these last few weeks and can run 3 miles without a break now compared to struggling through 1 mile without rest earlier in the year.

LW: 231.8
    CW: 232.8

Gain: 1.0 lbs
  • jmdawg
    Options
    I have had another pretty good week. Started low carb and set a new daily calorie total.

LW: 319.8
    CW: 312.8
    Loss: 7
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Nice job on the 7 pounds loss jmdawg! Horst congrats on your running!

This week's results
    LW = 208.8
    CW = 208.0
    loss = 0.8

After an almost 6 pound loss last week, happy I'm just continuing in the right direction this week. Two weeks in a row of logging my food.

• toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello again gentlemen, still searching for that 2012 discipline, but I'm focusing again and starting the workout process slowly this time.

LW (9/20/2019) = 401.8 lbs
    CW (9/27/2019)= 396.6 lbs
    Loss = 5.2 lbs
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Howdy men,

My apologies for not getting the chart up last week. I do this at work just because it is so much easier at my desk with 2 screens. I was only in the office 1 day last week and was slammed with work.

Anyways, here is last week's chart and I'll try and make sure I get this week's chart up as long as there are updates.

jmdawg - Outstanding job brother!!

toddhbrown - Welcome back and congrats on a great loss your first week. We got this.

I had another small but satisfying loss. Slow and steady wins the race they tell me.

L/W 332
    C/W 330.4
    Total 1.6 pounds

2okwlip59zrc.jpg
  • jmdawg
    Options
    I have been really diligent about watching the calories and the carbs. I am now starting to set goals and small non food related rewards for myself.

LW: 312.8
    CW: 309.2
    Loss: 3.6
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hola Men!

jmdawg, wow - another great week. Way to go buddy.

I had another week with a loss. Not as much, but still a loss. Woo Hoo!!

Hope you are all having a fantastic week. Here is this week's chart. Take care!

1enqdx8gctci.jpg
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Checking in:
    LWW = 208.0
    CWW = 207.7
    Loss = 0.3

Not much but it’s in the right direction.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Howdy Guys,

Looks like it's just Dave and I this week. Hope everyone is doing well. Weather is starting to turn here in the Pacific NW and outside activities are coming to a close. I'll have to figure something out to replace the yardwork and stuff to keep my activities up.

Dave, every little bit in the losing direction is a WIN in my book. Nice job!!

L/W 329.6
    C/W 328.8
    Loss 0.8

15r4iey5wxay.jpg
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Tim, nice job on the downward trend!

I don't know what happened this week. I really didn't think I had a bad week, but the scale says otherwise.

LWW = 207.7
    CWW = 211.7
    Gain = 4.0

Hoping this goes the other way next week.

• tdonlin
    Options
    Dave, What happened??? I bet you take the top spot next week!

I actually stepped on the scale a few times this last week. I was down 1.5 once and up 1 pound another time. The last one though was down 0.9. I have some fluctuations during the week too it seems.

It been about 7 weeks since my last doctor visit that I started being a little more serious and watch what I eat. My inspiration was that I am scheduled to start with a new primary physician and I wanted a substantial loss since my last visit. The last visit just with the on-duty doctor who talked to me about my extremely elevated blood pressure, etc...

I have a doctor appointment this Friday. I've lost just over 20 pounds and am hoping all my levels are in the normal range. We'll see.

Anyways, it's just Dave and I this week again. Come on guys, get you updates in. :)

2gy5zyhk9jw9.jpg
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello again gentlemen, slow progress, but still progress.

LW (9/27/2019) = 396.6 lbs
    CW (10/17/2019)= 393.8 lbs
    Loss = 2.8 lbs
  • jmdawg
    Options
    Had a couple of bad days but staying on track.

LW: 309.2
    CW: 306.8
    Loss: 2.4