CWW = 213. 8
    Gain 1.0
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    LWW = 213.8
    CWW = 209.6
    Loss = 4.2

Started NOOM this week. See if that helps me out of the rut.
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Checking in
    LWW = 209.6
    CWW = 208.7

• dbw1976
    Options
    Checking in
    LWW = 208.7
    CWW = 209.1
    Gain = 0.4
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Checking in:
    LWW = 209.1
    CWW = 207.7
    Loss = 1.4
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Checking in:
    LWW = 207.7
    CWW = 205.4
    Loss = 2.3
    Lowest I've been in about 18 months. Hopefully I will stay on the correct track.
  • Horstbc
    Horstbc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    LWW 252.6
    CWW 250.6
    Loss 2.0

I fell off the wagon for a long time when I switched to Noom for 6 months. Just now getting back into MFP logging and am almost back to my highest all-time weight. Back to the slow, consistent progress that I was getting before the Noom experiment.
  • Horstbc
    Options
    Last 250.6
    Current 249.8
    Loss 0.8

First mini-goal: turn my weight trend green for the past 30 days
    zhekc6y05jrf.jpg
  • dbw1976
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Checking in.
    CWW = 212.7
    Last weight on MFP was 205.7
    Gain of 7 pounds since August.

I have tried NOOM and a program through my employer's health insurance called Omada. I think I just need to get back to daily logging all my food and being aware of what I am eating.

I was on this discussion group for about a year without anyone else posting, so it's good to see HorstBC back.

I will try to do weekly updates.
  • Horstbc
    Options
    Hey dbw! Glad to see you! I agree that simply logging calories is probably my best bet to get serious about keeping my trend going. Sorry you gained, but also, congrats on staying so consistent in your weight over the years I've been on this chain. You've managed to keep to that small range while I've bounced all over the place. :smile: What's your current goal?

I got COVID since last time and ended up hardly moving, sleeping a ton, and eating a bunch. The end results was not good on my weight:
    • Last 249.8
    • Current 252.8
    • Gain 3.0 lbs

My weight chart lost its green, so I'm trying to turn it back around again. I got a treadmill on Black Friday, so I've started running now that my energy is back to normal. Hopefully that will help me jump start the progress again.
  • Horstbc
    Options
    I'll try to pick up the where tdonlin left off and post tables with progress along with my posts going forward. Catching up from yesterday's:

u1hcjemzb1tw.png

Let me know if your starting weight or goal weight are off. I'm filtering my table to only show folks who have posted in the last 100 days, so it'll be easy to include anyone who starts posting again.
  • Horstbc
    Options
    Last 252.8
    Current 253.6
    Gain 0.8 lbs

Sick again. Wrong direction again.
  • dbw1976
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi HorstBC, thanks for picking up the chart.

My info is correct. I think you can adjust my current goal to 190 instead of 180. If I can get to 190, then I will reevaluate and see if getting to 180 is worth it.

Sorry to hear about your bout with COVID. It sounds like it makes for a hard time to get any exercise.

CW = 213.4
    LW = 212.7
    Gain = 0.7

I will try to check and post to this thread weekly around Friday.

Happy New Year, here's to making progress.
  • Horstbc
    Options
    Last 253.6
    Current 252.2
    Loss 1.4 lbs

Went for a run on my new treadmill late last night, and it felt great. I have to be careful since I weigh so much right now and don't want to hurt my knees or exacerbate my plantar fasciitis, but I'm trying simple interval runs with plenty of walking involved.

efqvxbwdurdi.png
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Last = 213.4
    Current = 212.6
    Loss = 0.8

Interval training is a great way to get in shape. I need to do more of it. I have a wind trainer attachment for my road bike and I tend to slog out 40 minutes at one constant speed effort level. I like to read while I am pedaling as it makes the time go by faster. I am going to trying doing HIIT workouts M W Fr next week for 20 minutes in the morning. I will let you know how it goes.

My big accomplishment this week was logging my food intake every day. That’s the first step for me in getting going in the right direction.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Howdy gentlemen,

It has been much more than a little while since I've been on this thread. Looks like August 2020 was my last time posting. I'm glad to see some friendly names back on here.

I hope you have been well and surviving during these unique times.

2021 was pretty much the same for me as 2020. COVID didn't really affect me or my job at all. The biggest events all happened in the final months of 2021. My youngest sister lost her husband to cancer a week before Christmas. I also had a cancer scare. They found a tumor in one of my sinus cavities and I finally had surgery to remove it on Dec. 29th. Thankfully it was non-cancerous and recovery is coming along nicely. I plan on retiring at the end of June.

As far as health, I've gained about 20 lbs since I last posted. My wife and Idecided to convert our 3rd car garage into a home gym. It's actually walled off from the other side. I picked up a treadmill and weight bench so far. I have an elliptical lined up. I do need to paint and do some remodeling and as soon as the weather warms up just a little, I'll take care of that.

I hope you both are doing well.

These are my most recent weigh-ins. They were done at my recent doctor visits.

12/14/21 L/W 352
    01/06/22 C/W 345.8
    Total 6.2

I'll try and get back in the habit of weighing and posting. Hopefully this will help motivate me just a little more.

Tim
  • Horstbc
    Options
    Wow, @tdonlin, I'm glad you're recovering and that the tumor wasn't cancerous. Sorry about the other news. The home gym sounds fun! I'm really enjoying having the treadmill but need to get my eating on track to go along with it.

@dbw1976 - good luck on the HIIT workouts. Sounds like a good plan.

Last 252.2
    Current 255.6
    Gain 3.4 lbs

23jmtdj0yvln.png
  • dbw1976
    Options
    Hey Tim, good to see you back in this group. I'm sorry to hear about your bad news. I agree with Horstbc that the home gym sounds great.

@Horstbc - the HIIT workouts went well this week. I did all three days I planned to. I am doing 20 secs on; 10 seconds off. Squats, jumping jacks, pushups, and lunges. Twice through those four exercises, then one minute of recovery. Repeat four times for a total of 20 minutes. It gets me sweaty.

Weight
    CWW = 212.3
    LWW = 212. 6
    Loss = 0.3

• Horstbc
    Options
    @dbw1976 - good job sticking with it! Sounds like a good workout.

I had to go to an out-of-state funeral this week and did not work out while there, but focused on eating better than I usually do while traveling and also played tag with my kids and nephews/nieces. Back home now and went for a run this morning (thankful again for the treadmill since it's -8F outside today).

Last 255.6
    Current 254.3
    Loss 1.3 lbs

ciyfan12m8dt.png
  • dbw1976
    Options
    -8F is cold, Brr.

Not a good week for me. I was inconsistent at logging food and had a lot of pizza last night so my weight is up. I did manage to keep on track with my workouts.
    CWW = 215.3
    LWW = 212.3
    Gain of 3.0