Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• cnweiss88
    cnweiss88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi all--checking in.

As expected, I did not touch MFP last week and I gained some weight over my vacation.

LWW 181.4 lbs
    CWW 184.6 lbs
    Gain 3.2 lbs

Truth is, I was at about 183 lbs before I left for my vacation so the gain wasn't huge. Hope to be down again next week...

Best,
    Cary
  • shabbarshaikh
    shabbarshaikh Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi Every One,
    Good Morning,

This week I was going fine, last week I was 76.6 kgs & middle of this week I came down to 76.2 kgs, but today morning, the scale surprised me with 77.1 kgs. I don't know as what happend. Still I will update our Mission Table with Today's weight.

LW: 76.4 kg
    CW: 77.1 kg
    Gain: 1.1 lbs

Please guide me as Whic time of the Day I should check weight (As of now I check Weekly thrice Early Morning after Shower with only Shorts...:smooched: )

Best of Luck to all our Friends... :flowerforyou:
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer Posts: 351
    Options
    I'm checking in but not checking in this week. I'll explain.

The weight has been fluctuating, which isn't unusual by itself, as it usually happens just before a significant loss. However, over Easter I had what I will call a "sodium incident." Even though we had low sodium ham for dinner (and subsequently, leftovers the next couple days), it apparently had a huge impact on me. How huge? Freakin' huge!

I noticed by last Wednesday evening that my calves and feet were abnormally swollen. I figured I was going to be up a few pounds with extra fluid. To my shock, I was up damn near 20 lbs! A little math told me in a matter of just a few days I had retained over TWO GALLONS of excess liquid (one gallon of water weighs over 9 lbs!) I immediately started flushing my system, loaded up on potassium to help my kidneys process more efficiently, and started drinking coffee and green tea for diuresis.

The good news: since Wednesday (11 April) to this morning, I've eliminated over 14 lbs of that excess weight! However, since I'm still transitioning, I'm withholding an official weigh-in this week, as it's literally changing every day (and in fact, is currently changing throughout the day.) Also on the positive side, actual body measurements are down despite the gain. So the net result of all this is I should be heading toward a decent loss soon.

Stay tuned next week! Thanks for your indulgence while I explained all this.
  • whoreheyR1
    whoreheyR1 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    LW: 230.6 (04/09/12)
    CW: 228.2 (04/16/12)
    Lost: 2.4

Woohoo, that's 3 straight weeks with a loss!! :drinker:

Go figure, I finally listened to those people on the board that keep saying to up your calorie intake if you plateau and I started losing again after struggling with the same 5 pounds for like 4 months… I also cut way down on my cardio and started strength training more so I’m building muscle mass and still burning fat. :bigsmile:
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey Gentlemen,
    I had another good week, but in full disclosure, I had to push off my weigh in until today. It's been 10 days since my last weigh-in.

Here are my numbers for the report.

SW -381
    GW - 190 (Adjusted down from 200)
    LW - 276.5
    CW - 268.5
    WT - 8.0
    TWL - 112.5
    DLP - 04/16/12
  • bmirob
    bmirob Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hi all

last weight: 220
    current weight: 219

Have a good week.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Please guide me as Whic time of the Day I should check weight (As of now I check Weekly thrice Early Morning after Shower with only Shorts...:smooched: )

Best of Luck to all our Friends... :flowerforyou:

I think that is entirely up to you. I personally am at my lightest in the morning and that is the weight I use. However, sometimes I have a huge workout or for whatever reason, I am lighter in the evening on occassion. This may just be water loss or who knows what. I think you should just try and be consistent with whatever time you choose.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    I'm checking in but not checking in this week. I'll explain.

The weight has been fluctuating, which isn't unusual by itself, as it usually happens just before a significant loss. However, over Easter I had what I will call a "sodium incident." Even though we had low sodium ham for dinner (and subsequently, leftovers the next couple days), it apparently had a huge impact on me. How huge? Freakin' huge!

I noticed by last Wednesday evening that my calves and feet were abnormally swollen. I figured I was going to be up a few pounds with extra fluid. To my shock, I was up damn near 20 lbs! A little math told me in a matter of just a few days I had retained over TWO GALLONS of excess liquid (one gallon of water weighs over 9 lbs!) I immediately started flushing my system, loaded up on potassium to help my kidneys process more efficiently, and started drinking coffee and green tea for diuresis.

The good news: since Wednesday (11 April) to this morning, I've eliminated over 14 lbs of that excess weight! However, since I'm still transitioning, I'm withholding an official weigh-in this week, as it's literally changing every day (and in fact, is currently changing throughout the day.) Also on the positive side, actual body measurements are down despite the gain. So the net result of all this is I should be heading toward a decent loss soon.

Stay tuned next week! Thanks for your indulgence while I explained all this.

Wow, that is something else. I couldn't imagine that much water weight. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. No worries, I'll save your spot on the chart.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Woo Hoo, looks like we are moving on to the next 20 pages of this thread. Thanks for keeping it going everyone.

Todd is still leading the charge with a huge 8 pound loss. He disclosed that this was a long week for him but that's ok by me. Maybe next week one of us can knock him from the top spot.

This was the biggest weekly loss I've had in quite a long time and I'm certain its due to the new diet I'm on. This is just pushing me to step it up a bit more and post some bigger numbers next week.

Also, if any of you have a friend you think might benifit from this group, feel free to send them an invite and have them introduce themselves and I'll get them included.

For those that gained a bit this week, use that knowledge to make next week a killer week. Thanks guys.

WeekofApril9.jpg
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    LWW - 246
    CWW - 244

Measurements are dropping and bf % is down to 28.72 from 29.47 %. In the last month I have gained 1.5. lbs of muscle. I will take those results every month. Maybe not fast, but is the right direction.
  • whoreheyR1
    whoreheyR1 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    LW: 228.2 (04/16/12)
    CW: 226.2 (04/22/12)
    Lost: 2.0 :smokin:

So happy to report that this is week #4 with a loss since upping my calories (twice!), and I'm now at my lowest weight in about 15 years... hope you all have a great week!! :drinker:
  • Frayed_Ends
    Options
    Hey all, thanks for the invite. I figure all the motivation I can get is great and it looks like this is a good group.

Here are my stats:
    SW: 252
    GW: 200 (for now)
    LW: 237.4
    CW: 233.0

I wish everyone luck in their goals!
  • cnweiss88
    cnweiss88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    LW 184.6 lbs
    CW 183.6 lbs
    Loss 1 lb.

Glad to be getting back on track. Also, started a new hobby this morning...rock climbing. A few friends and I got a good deal at a local climbing gym and actually cashed it in. Not a great aerobic workout, but pretty good for upper and lower body strength training. Also, don't worry about falling--a 5' thin woman was holding me up so don't be afraid to give it a try.
  • shabbarshaikh
    Options
    Hi Every One,
    Good Morning,

This week I enjoyed food with a Loss in Weight, I really love this Fight with Deit.

LW: 77.1 kg
    CW: 76.0 kg
    LOSS: 2.4 lbs

I am following our Captain Tim's Calorie Burn, so, please wish me luck to burn 1200+ calories again today...

Best of Luck to all our Friends... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shabbarshaikh
    Options
    Hey all, thanks for the invite. I figure all the motivation I can get is great and it looks like this is a good group.

Here are my stats:
    SW: 252
    GW: 200 (for now)
    LW: 237.4
    CW: 233.0

I wish everyone luck in their goals!

Hi Frayed,

Welcome Brother... :flowerforyou:

We will be always with you to encourage to achieve your Healthy Goals...

Best of Luck...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Posting before I forget again.
    LW: 314
    TW: 315
    gained 1

not fretting. I didn't lose inches but I went down on the body fat %. At the end of March I was 34.9% now I am 34.6% I also squeezed into a XL shirt by accident lol. I thought it was a 2XL. >.>
  • bmirob
    bmirob Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hi all

218# now. I think I'm stuck here...damn...
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey Gentlemen,
    Well I fell to the temptation of Chicago Style pizza, and a couple of other deadly dishes during my trip to Chicago last week and it shows in my results. Time to get serious again.

Here are my numbers for the report.

SW -381
    GW - 190 (Adjusted down from 200)
    LW - 268.5
    CW - 267.0
    WT - 1.5
    TWL - 114
    DLP - 04/23/12
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Good afternoon Men,

I would like to welcome our newest person Frayed_Ends. He joins us in true style by taking the Number 1 spot for the week with a 4.4 pound loss. Awesome Job. Our long time champ toddhbrown slipped just a bit but still pulled out a loss. I am certain he will be back at the top very quickly. I had a 3.6 pound loss this week and am impressed with how well I am feeling.
    Shabbarshaikh had another great 2.4 pound loss. He is Mr. Consistent.
    Lacroyx, I expect you will be back in the blue shaded area next week too. For those that missed gettting their updates to me, please try and get them in next week.
    Also, I deleted 4 men off the chart that had submitted anything in over 2 months.

Again, great job Men and here is this week's chart.

WeekofApril16.jpg
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Welcome Frayed! Sorry for late post. Up 3.4lbs to 305. Can't seem to get south of the 300 border, but good news is my 42's are fitting nicely, so I'll take the NSV's and damn the scale, smaller clothes ahead!:ohwell:
    Or something like that!