Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I recently started with a new doctor that one of his specialties is obesity. He gave me a lot of information but also recommended me to a nutritionist. I went in for my first appointment a couple of days ago. I am currently logging everything. We are going to focus on lessening my carb intake and portion size this next few weeks.

This last Sunday was my first time back on a racquetball court since my knee replacement in Oct of 2013. I had previously lost about 70 pounds but gained it all plus some back when my knees started giving out and finally went in for replacement.

I am taking it easy on the courts and doing more treadmill and elliptical. Once I can drop 50 - 70 pounds, I am going to try and get back into a little more competitive play.
  • jeffviets
    jeffviets Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't know that i have any tips. Like i said earlier i think i just got first week luck with an extreme drop in my calorie intake. I try to eat a grapefruit first thing in the morning to start my metabolism with a glass of water then about 30 mins later ill drink some coffee and have about a 400 calorie breakfast with some source of protein. A big salad with small portion of chicken (protein) and a couple tbsp of fat free Italian and then for dinner i take agentoranges route with 4 to 6 oz of meat and a good size helping of 2 veggies. You can eat like a whole can of green beans for under a hundred calories.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've started reducing my cardio (running and elliptical) in favor of strength training. I find the high cardio makes me super hungry and i need to work through this plateau. And nothing burns fat like muscle. I bought a book on recommendation from a friend "You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises," it's really eye opening.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    I know I need to start weight training but I am just not looking forward to it. My buddy has a TRX system which we can set up in his garage but the cold and our schedules just never seem to cooperate.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    edited January 2015
    Options
    LWW - 227.4
    CWW - 224.6
    Loss - 2.8
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Way to go Agent!!!

LW 334.9
    CW 331
    Loss 3.9
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    good job to you too man, solid loss.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Well Agent, it looks like it is just the 2 of us this week. On the bright side though is we both had an awesome week.

Hopefully we will have a little better participation next week. Also, if you want to put an invite out, please feel free.

Have a great week.

r1qdn2nvxmbs.jpg
  • tdonlin
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! How about them Seahawks??? :D

n27rkbs5jj1g.jpg
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Checking in:
    LWW = 204.3
    CWW = 201.4
    Loss = 2.9

Go HAWKS!
    Although the Super Bowl will probably be bad for weight watching. I suppose it's a sacrifice I will have to make.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    LWW: 224.6
    CWW: 224.0
    Loss - .6
  • tdonlin
    Options
    LW - 331
    CW - 327.9
    Loss- 3.1

My current diet and exercise plan seem to be working really well for me. I go back to my nutritionist next Wednesday. Curious (and scared) to see what changes she will have me make for the next month.

Dave, fantastic job on the 2.9 loss. You are just about back in the 100's. Agent, another good week and consistently headed in the right direction. Nicely done. I'm hoping at least a couple others weigh in today.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Looks like only 3 of us this week but at least we all lost!!! Have a great week guys. Tim

hj98mekaj8zg.jpg
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How did I miss the start of this?

SW - 203
    GW - 170
    CW - 189
    LW - 189

I'll try to be more prompt on this. I can't even find my original post.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    chgodvr wrote: »
    How did I miss the start of this?

SW - 203
    GW - 170
    CW - 189
    LW - 189

I'll try to be more prompt on this. I can't even find my original post.

No problem. Just glad to have you aboard. If I get a chance on Monday, I'll put up a new chart with your updated info. Again, welcome aboard.

tim
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Here is the updated version with chgodvr added. Hope you all have a great week.

For the new guys, I usually use blue for losses, red for gains and yellow for no change. Sometimes I forget and might use a different color but it will be self explanatory.

otxh3l4ue7y5.jpg

• AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    I had a bought with the Large Pizza this week, working on recovering, the high sodium always makes me retain water, let's hope I can trim it down with some blood sweat and tears.

I'll be at the Karate Dojo twice this week and doing DDP Yoga at home, as well as a couple nights of strength training. Wife made some awesome Black Bean Stew, served over brown rice, I top it with 2 fried eggs. There's very little I won't put 2 fried eggs on.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    I have a second appointment with my nutritionist today. I'm curious what she will recommend me change in my diet for the next few weeks. I've cut back on carbs and am watching my calorie intake as well. I've done a pretty good job as far as logging everyday too. My wife doesn't like it and she is probably right, but I've been relying on nutrition bars a little too much to supplement my meals.

AgentOJ, man, who doesn't like fried eggs? I used to do Taekwondo. Kinda wish I would have stayed with it. I was doing P90X and found that yoga is probably the thing I hate most. It is more a form of torture as far as I'm concerned. I am baffled by people that say they do this for relaxation. There are 2 things I've found fat people shouldn't be doing, wearing yoga pants and doing yoga.

I'm planning on being a little bad during Super Bowl. Anyone else have plans???

Go Hawks!!!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    Plans are up in the air, we were going to take my 5 year old to an indoor water park hotel an hour and a half north of us, but theyre calling for a foot of snow, so we might need to cancel. If we're superbowling it, i forsee some brat burgers topped with coleslaw.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Plans are up in the air, we were going to take my 5 year old to an indoor water park hotel an hour and a half north of us, but theyre calling for a foot of snow, so we might need to cancel. If we're superbowling it, i forsee some brat burgers topped with coleslaw.

Good for you!!! I hope Mother Nature gives you a break in the weather. Wish my kids were that age again. Just waiting for grandkids to come along and spoil now! :)