Members Please Introduce Yourself here:

Options

Replies

• yesiam07
    Options
    hello my name is Betty i'm from ohio im 23 and i had the gastric sleeve done august 14th 2012 my starting weight was 319 day before my surgery was 292 currently i am 251 i've been having alot of complications with my surgery in and out of the hospital and sometimes regret having it then other days not but i would really love to have more wls friends to help me through this time if possible and also to be a support to others
  • medea5
    medea5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hello my name is Betty i'm from ohio im 23 and i had the gastric sleeve done august 14th 2012 my starting weight was 319 day before my surgery was 292 currently i am 251 i've been having alot of complications with my surgery in and out of the hospital and sometimes regret having it then other days not but i would really love to have more wls friends to help me through this time if possible and also to be a support to others

Hey Betty. I'm sorry that you are having complications. I met a woman in the hospital after having my surgery and she was going through some complications. But she said it's well worth it in the end. I hope things turn out better for you and I'm totally willing to help you though.
  • sandsbears
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: HELLO EVERYONE. I HAD THE GASTRIC SLEEVE 9/2/11 AND REPAIR IN DECEMBER 11. I WAS 148 KILOS/325 LBS. I AM NOW 92 KILOS/202 LBS. MY GOAL WEIGHT IS 80 KILOS/176 LBS,THEN WILL SEE HOW I GO FROM THERE.HAPPY TO SUPPORT, BE SUPPORTED AND ANSWER/ASK QUESTIONS.
    CHEERS:flowerforyou:
  • diazwoman
    diazwoman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Weight has been an issue since I can remember. I asked my doctor for a referral to the 6 month weight loss program which was required by insurance prior to wls. I had no intention of ever getting surgery, even though I knew several people at work who had the bypass and lap-band. My thought was that I could learn from the classes and lose weight the "old fashioned way".
    After failing to lose any weight those 6 months and learning all about wls I decided the vertical sleeve is for me. Just finished all my
    requirements and am waiting for it to be submitted to insurance for approval.
    In the meantime I find out i now have borderline high blood pressure, mild sleep apnea and an enlarged liver. I am 5'4 and 250lbs and here to start tracking and low carbing prior to surgery.
  • yesiam07
    Options
    congrats on your decision to have wls i also had the sleeve done aug 14 2012 im 5'3 and 250lbs feel free to add me for support and motivation : )
  • HealthyDeb
    HealthyDeb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That is so sad to hear. I hope they can get your health issues under control so that you can move forward with your decision to go for the sleeve. Good luck and all the best to you!
  • rdischar
    rdischar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Robyn. I'm 30 years old, single, and a teacher. I have been using MFP on and off for several years now, but I am back on it to help with my accountability in the weight loss surgery journey. I am having RNY Gastric Bypass on October 17 (10 more days!!!). I am on the pre-op diet right now, which is really hard, as you know. The worst part for me is the protein shakes--they literally make me sick. Any encouragement and support that can be given, I would appreciate so much! Your stories and pictures are so inspiring, so thanks to everyone here for sharing their own journey! :)
  • lovarie
    lovarie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HI All,
    My name is Alberta, I am 46 and had RNY July 18, 2012. Thanks to all of you for your posts, they are tremendously helpful, informative and encouraging. RNY was the best decision of my life and I have absolutely no regrets! I struggle with exercise and fluid intake but reading the posts here help me see how important those things are so now I'm going to get myself in gear and make it happen!

Love being able to share my journey with kindred spirits!
  • HealthyDeb
    HealthyDeb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to:

Betty, SandsBears, Alberta, Robyn and anyone else I missed. We are in this together so please share your strengths and struggles so that we all learn how to enjoy this gift we've given to ourselves as much as possible.:flowerforyou:
  • rmksgirl
    Options
    Hi, I'm Angela. I'm 45 and had gastric bypass on June 6th of 2012. I've lost 61 pounds since surgery. I found MFP in July and it's helped a lot. I like reading the forums since I work late and can't attend the support group, but I've never replied to any until now. Everyone seems so nice. I'm really glad I found you! :heart:
  • medea5
    medea5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Angela! Welcome to the group. Congrats on your weight loss and the loss to come!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all new ones to MFP and WLS group!!! Congrats on your weight losses too!! For new ones take full advantage of the honeymoon stage and lose as much weight as you can!!

Keep up the good work!!
  • MDixon26
    MDixon26 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Megan! I just had my surgery on October 10th, 2012. It's only about a week out and while I don't feel much like eating physically, I'm already mentally thinking about food I can't have.

I am just staying strong and remembering that in August I gave up fast food and fatty food as a choice, so now I just have to keep my choice. It's not forced, it's a choice. (although I'd probably throw up anything bad I tried to eat right now, it still feels better to remind myself that it's a choice)
  • rmksgirl
    Options
    Thanks so much, Medea!
  • rmksgirl
    Options
    Make that 62 pounds today! :)
  • jennifermwb
    jennifermwb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Jennifer. I had gastric bypass surgery on August 10th, 2012. I started at 350 pounds, lost 21 pounds before surgery. Day of surgery was 329. Today, almost 10 weeks later I weigh 269. Feeling good. No complications thus far. I was a diabetic, on 5 shots a day of 2 different kinds of insulin. Blood sugars were still constantly above 300. I was on my way to wan early grave. I havent needed insulin since the day I left the hospital. My diabtetes is in complete remission. Surgery has given me back my shot at a future.

I have a husband and a 7 year old daughter. I make videos on youtube about my journey, under the same name I use here....jennifermwb. I am always happy to make new friends and am so excited to find this group on mfp. :)
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Babs from CT. I have been here on MFP for over a year and have not had much success over the past 10 years trying to lose weight the traditional way. Decide earlier this year I wanted to have bariatric surgery. Was undecided between bypass and sleeve. I have finally decided to have the sleeve. Already had my first surgeon visit, blood work completed yesterday, saw my cardiologist today and she is fully on board and will send the go ahead to my surgeon, first NUT visit is tomorrow (I only need 2 pre surg), group session is first week of Nov and seeing the psych at the end of Nov. My doc anticipates my surgical date will be late Feb to early March 2013.
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mandy, from Texas and I am scheduled for a VSG on November 5th 2012...
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    congrats Mandy! and good luck feel free to friend me. I had RNY in may of this year.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you! Jennifer,Feel free to add me as I had my RNY on May 3rd of this year, and have lost over 85 lbs total (including pre-op diet) and love new friends. Feel free to friend me!