WELCOME!

Options

Replies

• jpskitts7
    jpskitts7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

I am looking to lose 200 lbs...not quite sure what the exact number will be, yet. My starting weight is 394 and that is what finally lit the fire in me to make better choices about my eating habits and health.

I'm from North Carolina where we love all things country, and more importantly, deep fried. I'm single and have no children, and will use that as incentive to change for the better! I am very fortunate to have a close family and extended family. They all could stand to lose a few pounds, but nowhere near the amount that I need to lose.

My other concern is the joint pain that I have developed in my knees, ankles, and feet. I spend 40 hours a week at a desk for my primary job, 20 hours a week standing/walking at my mom's restaurant, and the other time in the garden, with my chickens, or at the bowling alley. My weight is a product of my food choices and the amount that I eat...so hopefully with the help of myfitnesspal, I will change those habits and shed some weight.

SW: 394
    GW: 185
  • FastFriend
    FastFriend Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am new to this group but am glad to find others who need to lose substantial amounts of weight.

SW: 371 (max wt. 396)
    GW: 200 would be good but actually 170 would be my ultimate goal
    CW: 326

Thanks for allowing me to participate in the group!
  • jjrummage80
    Options
    Hello all. I am Jill, 33 years old from South Carolina and new to this group! First off I just want to thank whom ever started this group, because it's something I definitely need. I need support, help, encouragement and friends going through the same struggles. Today is day one of my weight loss journey. I have tried dieting over the years and I would lose a little...then gain a WHOLE LOT more back! I can't keep continuing this vicious cycle. I am at my highest and most embarrassing weight. I went to my doctor and he weighed me the end of June and I weighed in at a whopping 449 lbs. So I talked to my doctor about losing weight. He thinks I would be a wonderful candidate for gastric bypass but to be honest I am a little scared of that. So I am going to try this on my own. He did prescribe me Adipex to try for a month just to see if it helps, so far I really can't tell any difference. I go back to the doctor on August 6th for a weigh in and check up to see if the diet medicine is helping....so wish me luck. I know that there is no magic pill to lose weight....it has to be a life style change! My only major problem is I LOVE SWEETS!!! So cutting back and out of my diet is going to be a challenge...but trying to think positive and hopefully I can accomplish this battle.

I would really like to make friends on here, so if anyone wants to add me as a friend please do :)
    Also I have seen many who have lost lots of weight....I really would love some tip, tricks, ideas...etc.
  • glenclouser
    glenclouser Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group and looking for connection and encouragement.

SW: 475
    GW: 190
    CW: 462
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    SW: 385
    CW: 344
    GW: 180

Got down to 319 last year and then regained back to 335. Found out in Aug of last year that I was pregnant and gained back up to 375 during the pregnancy. Since my baby's birth 4 mo ago I have gotten back down to 344. It's been a roller-coaster all my life and I've been stuck at a plateau the last 2 months. I am excited that I found this group and think it will be a motivational tool to use seeing people's losses.
  • Kougar83
    Kougar83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    I'm Kimmy, a SAHM of 5 year old twin girls and a 4 year old son.
    I'm just starting out (again) and my current weight is 363. My goal weight is 200. After that, I want to re-evaluate my goals with my doctor and maybe even go as far as 170 or smaller but I figure I will cross that bridge when I get to it.
    My biggest obstical is myself. I come up with excuses and "reasons" not to work out. I always put other things first when I really should be putting myself first.
    This is probably the hardest thing I ever had to do. I am my own best friend and my own worst enemy. I don't have friends that are dedicated as I am and if they are, they are skinny people with only 5 pounds to lose. Its hard to try and share my troubles with someone like that.
    Thats why I am here. I need a group with people who understand what I'm going through.
    I apprecaite all the help, advice, ect I can get. I'm also looking for accountability partners if anyone is interested :)
  • glenclouser
    glenclouser Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on your progress Kimmy:) "I am my best friend or my own worst enemy". Ironically, I said that to a friend just the other day. I totally get where you are coming from. My profound ability to come up with excuses is just a lousy super power to have. I try to use those powers to constantly think of reasons TO work out instead of reasons NOT TO. This works as long as my attitude is in the right place. I therefore have found that I neeeed good friends to help me with an "attitude check" as much as anything else. I have some and am always looking for more. I wish you well on your journey and am willing to encourage you if you so choose.
  • Kougar83
    Kougar83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I appreciate all the help I can get right now :)
  • Karlybeth7
    Karlybeth7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    SW: above 350. Just bought a scale that I could fit on after I started eating less and better.
    CW: 345
    GW: 150

Hi, I'm Karla. I'm hoping this time will be the time that it really sticks. I can't believe that I've let myself get this big but now I believe that I can and will do what it takes to take off all this 200 plus pounds of weight. The straw that broke the camels back was that my entire family (extended included) went to Holiday World (an amusement park) and I opted to work rather than go there and be embarrassed if I couldn't fit on the rides. I don't want to feel like that anymore. Also looking for friends so we can help each other. This group is just what I was looking for because some of the other groups might not understand my struggles as well.
  • lindseydavis07
    lindseydavis07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I’m new to the groups but not to MFP, I used it about a year ago, lost 25 pounds then broke my leg and arm... I wasn't able to work out for about 6 weeks and just fell off the wagon... I gained it all back plus some... I started up again on June 25. I've since lost 31 pounds! My goal is 150ish.... but that seems like such a long way away... I'm working out 5 times a week and trying to keep it at 1500 Calories!

SW: 375 (that is hard for me to admit...)
    CW: 344
    GW: 150

Add me if you'd like! I need the accountability and support! :)
  • gahrahstah
    gahrahstah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kathy, age 51, Chicago. Here are my stats:

Ht: 5'4"
    SW 407
    CW 393
    GW 175?

Like a lot of people here, setting a goal weight is hard because I haven't weighed under 200 pounds since around high school graduation and have no clue what I'd look like now, (other than the all over "Sharpei" look). I just started a program with a bariatric group, with the goal of being approved for weight loss surgery. I've never wanted to do it, but my life is seriously affected by my weight now. I keep hoping that by the time there is approval for the surgery (IF it is approved), I could possibly lose it on my own, because the idea of having most of my stomach cut out just doesn't feel good to me right now.
  • unbreakablemoth
    Options
    Hello!

SW: 345+
    CW: 296
    GW: 145...I think?

Nice to meet everyone--feel free to add me! :)
  • Chibi2Chula
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Just joined this group! I'm so glad there is a group for us! I always read health magazine and don't see people who have had to lose a lot of weight.

I've had the MFP app before it got the barcode scanner. On November 8th 2013, I started tracking my food using this app. I love, love, LOVE the barcode scanner! The app reminds me of Weight Watchers' app and etools.

I am a Weight Watchers reject! It was so expensive and I yo-yo dieted for awhile on WW and on my own. This app has been such a blessing.

My first two weeks I have lost 8.2lbs. This has blown me away that I have lost so much weight, and so fast! At first I thought I was losing weight too fast, but some Instagram friends told me, people who are on the heavy side lose a lot of weight in the beginning.

Anyways, I'd love to find some MFP ladies who started around the same weight as me, 353.2 and want their goal weight to be 150. This is a long journey, but we must remember we will probably always have to track our food. We should always
    To be better than we were yesterday.

We can do this! We are strong! Just look at how much weight we've carried around? Look at the stigma most of us have been through. We are champions! Let's do this!

If you'd like to be friends on MFP my username is: katieson07
    If you want to share recipes, my Pinterest is: Chibi2Chula
    My Weight Loss blog is: chibi2chula.wordpress.com
    My Instagram is: hazeledeyedgoddess13
  • angjet
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

SW 421
    CW 345
    GW 160

It is great to see that there is a group for those of us needing to lose 200+! We may have a long ways to go but we CAN do THIS!!

Please feel free to add me as a friend. The positive support is great and I find it very helpful to get food ideas from others food diaries. Its also great to see how people of similar size and age are doing. I'm 37 and 5'8.

Cheers to losing IT and loving life!!

-Angela
  • GettinItTogetherHeather
    Options
    Hello Group..if anyone is still around lol I noticed this group isn't particularly active! Let's change that! :-)

SW: 364
    CW: 359
    GW1: 300 by July 2014
    GW2: 250 by January 2015
    UGW: 120-150 depending on how I feel/look

Always looking for more friends to keep me motivated. If I don't log on for a couple of days shoot me a message! Once I stop tracking, it's usually because I am off the wagon and ashamed. I then make excuses, feel embarrassed, and like I shouldn't come back. I then convince myself that I should just avoid MFP. Hence why I've lost so little yet joined so long ago.

This journey is about me and I need to do it. However, one thing I've learned, is that I get by a little BETTER with my friends. :-)
    Let's support each other! Here's to a new year of caring for myself and making friends that are supportive and good for me.
  • sarahd2002
    Options
    Hello Group......my name is Sarah and I joined MFP in March of 2013. So happy that I just found this group. Looking forward to supporting everyone and us all helping each other get to our goal. :)

SW: 367
    CW: 308
    GW1: Under 300 pounds whenever I can get there
    GW2: 250 by my nephew's wedding September 2014
    UGW: 199-175 but will know when I get there

Looking for friends to help me along my journey.....and I will help you with yours as well. Feel free to add me.
  • stephsalem
    stephsalem Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new to all this, but am determined now more than ever to lose some weight. I am just tired of being big. I am tired of having a hard time keeping up with people. I am just OVER it! I have been doing well for the past week. And the best part is I now have my husband on board. He was previously my biggest derailment. I am hate to even admit my starting weight but I will. Please add me as a friend! LETS DO THIS!

SW: 400 (no that isn't a typo)
    Current: Don't know cause I am not weighing myself till next monday, lol
    Goal 1: 360
    Goal 2: 324
    Goal 3: 291
    Goal 4: 262
    Goal 5: 236
    Goal 6: 212
    Goal 7: 191 - I can't even remember the last time I weighed under 200 lbs (I think I was in 3rd grade) but I will stick with this till I get that low.
  • kristilynnhales
    kristilynnhales Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    SW: 357
    CW: 338.4 asof 1.20.14
    Next Goal: 330
    Final Goal: 150
  • nmcginley1017
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Nicole. I just joined MFP. I finally decided that I wanted to get all this weight off. I know I can do it just need to stay focused. I have thought many times about surgery but have for one reason or another decided against it. I am going to to this the old fashion way. With sheer will power and determination.

SW - 507.2 (yeah I know that is a lot of weight.:noway: )
    CW - 501.8
    GW - Around 250 ( I am 5'11. So this is where my goal is for now but I just want to be healthy.:happy: )

I have 257.2 lbs to go. I have already lost 5.4 lbs. I am happy with that.
  • sjesimon
    sjesimon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stephen here

h 6'1"
    SW 380
    CW 347
    GW 175ish