What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• MsCarlalalala
    Options
    I just finished The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo. This is apparently an author to try if you liked Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was pretty good.

I am now reading Darkness Hunts by Keri Arthur a bit of a paranormal romance (book 4 in the series). I think the next will be the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. My boyfriend got me the 6th book that was written by Eoin Coffer "And Another Thing" so now is as good a time as any to re-read the series. :happy:

Did you enjoy it? I have heard the same thing. I have been waiting for the first books of the series to become available in the U.S.

I'm reading A Murderous Procession the last in the Art of Death series.
  • krisldybg
    krisldybg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Also reading Crucial Conversations for leadership. Not bad......
  • krisldybg
    krisldybg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin. It is as awesome as The Happiness Project!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I just finished The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo. This is apparently an author to try if you liked Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was pretty good.

I am now reading Darkness Hunts by Keri Arthur a bit of a paranormal romance (book 4 in the series). I think the next will be the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. My boyfriend got me the 6th book that was written by Eoin Coffer "And Another Thing" so now is as good a time as any to re-read the series. :happy:

Did you enjoy it? I have heard the same thing. I have been waiting for the first books of the series to become available in the U.S.

I'm reading A Murderous Procession the last in the Art of Death series.

I did enjoy it. There are a lot of characters and it jumps back and forth between 1944 and 2000 so it isn't light reading, you need to think a little to follow it. :tongue:
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    Marker - Robin Cook
    Map of Bones - James Rollins
    77 Days in September - Ray Gorham
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Just finished Life of Pi (and just in time as we see the movie tonight!!) and absolutely looooved it! Next for me is Ghost Gum Valley by Johanna Nichols - set in 1833 Colony of New South Wales, Australia
  • stormtruck2
    stormtruck2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Technical Analysis: The how tos of reading, analyzing and interperting stock charts. Covers such things as Bollinger Bands and Dow Theory. Yes I read fun stuff.:laugh:
  • roadtripper23
    Options
    I'm in a book group so I'm reading my choice "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle".
  • jemhologram
    Options
    Im currently reading "Hearts in Atlantis" by Stephen King. Ive never read any of his before so thought I'd give it a go. My children (aged 6 and 4) and I are making our way through Roald Dahl's books
  • Ryasama
    Ryasama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm re-reading the Book of Deacon series by Joseph Lallo. It's amazing!
    Before that, I read the Riley Jensen, Guardian series by Keri Arthur which is also awesome (adult content, just an FYI).
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
  • catswithcheekbones
    catswithcheekbones Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Perks of Being a Wallflower
    Perfume: the story of a murderer by Patrick Suskind
    Feast for Crows by George RR Martin [fourth book in Game of Thrones]
  • Faery61
    Options
    "The Casual Vacancy" by J.K. Rowlings. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and her first adult novel is really entertaining as well.
  • mommycullen
    mommycullen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just started Beautiful Creatures.... barely. We will see. Movie comes out in February.

Tried to read 50 Shades.... MEH.

Loved The Elegance of the Hedgehog. So amazing.

and The Art of Racing in The Rain.
  • mommycullen
    mommycullen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    "The Casual Vacancy" by J.K. Rowlings. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and her first adult novel is really entertaining as well.
    how is it? I started the audiobook but the narrator is no Jim Dale so I abandoned it
  • Faery61
    Options
    how is it? I started the audiobook but the narrator is no Jim Dale so I abandoned it

It was extremely well written but very sad. Lots of different character storylines but no one seemed to be happy in this book. A fast read though.
  • apareehuff
    Options
    New here and always looking for a good book. Currently I'm reading
    Brad Meltzer's The Fifth Assassin
    James Rollins' Alter of Eden
    Duglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guid to the Galaxy

I also have Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson going but I keep putting it down, about 35% thought it. Interesting but doesn't always keep my interest long. I'm a network/computer guy so Steve Jobs has always interest me. I'll get though it :)
  • eys81
    eys81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm reading:

Courage - Debbie Ford
    Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I usually have kid's chapter book that I'm reading to my son but right now we're listening to How to Train Your Dragon:How to be a Pirate (Cressida Cowell) on audible.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Awesome Adventures of Dietgirl. It's an easy read. She definitely captures the emotions and all in the journey. Love her take on things. Funny.

I recently read Heaven is for Real and of course, Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Reviving this thread because I just joined.

I'm currently reading the new Jodi Picoult book "The Storyteller" (LOVE HER) and also "Your Money or Your life"

What is everyone else reading now?