What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Martian Time Slip by Philip K. ****. My son is reading it in a lit class so I told him I would read along. Just finished a light weight detective story featuring Elvis Cole by Robert Crais. Can't remember the name of the book. Kinda like a Ludlum: the plots and characters are all pretty much interchangeable but a fun read always. I also just finished an historical novel by Benard Cornwell called 1356. Very disappointed in the paper thin characterizations and the plodding, journeyman plot leading to an obvious end. Maybe it was just me...If you you have an interest in that general era I read a factual history book last year called Agincourt: Henry V and the Battle That Made England by Juliet Barker. Fascinating book that brought to life an amazing story. Fiction falls flat in the face of reality.
  • Sandra59
    Sandra59 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared [Paperback]
    Jonas Jonasson
  • paulipet
    Options
    Blood Safari by Deon Meyer. Just finished Devil's Peak also by Deon Meyer. Recommended.
  • paulipet
    Options
    The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared [Paperback]
    Jonas Jonasson

I have been tempted to get this book. What do you think of it?
  • valerieottaviano
    valerieottaviano Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Val mcdermid's trick of the dark & it's amazing !!!!
    If you ever see her books around nab them they are so intriguing . Really literary mysteries that are so smart you'll love her!
  • GasnotGas
    GasnotGas Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    2 books on the go at the moment.
    The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
    Generation A by Douglas Coupland

Enjoying them both
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options

This is on my list. Glad you are enjoying it. I look forward to getting started in about a week.
  • GasnotGas
    GasnotGas Posts: 54 Member
    Options

This is on my list. Glad you are enjoying it. I look forward to getting started in about a week.

Yeah, I'm working my way through Murakami's back catalogue. I would also recommend Hard boiled wonderland and the end of the world and Kafka on the shore by this Author.
  • TheHistoryLady
    TheHistoryLady Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    A feast for crows by George RR Martin. I'm a late comer to all things GOT but I'm loving the books even though I live in constant fear for my fav characters. (Anyone who's read them knows they have a very high death count and no one is safe lol)
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    beautiful creatures...love the series. want to see the movie this weekend
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth. They are similar to Hunger Games but better, imo. I can't wait for the third one to come out in October.
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm about to pick up Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace, once revision and exams are all over. It's been sitting on my table for months but I know once I start reading it I won't want to stop.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    I am almost finished with Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult, I love her books thiss one was good but was quit a bit different from most of her other books I have read, not the usual twist, turns and suspense
  • janinems1
    Options
    Roadside Crosses by Jeffrey Deaver
  • johnnyboytaylor
    Options
    Just finished reading The Ice Man and currently reading The Butcher both by Philip Carlo
  • sjwright66
    Options
    Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis! I love it! Next, I plan on reading a less mentally strenuous book - Anne of Green Gables, then Anne of Avonlea, then Our Mutual Friend by Charles D. Sorry, I like to plan way ahead on what I'm gonna read next. :))

Feel free to check out my goodreads account! http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5350527-sarah

~Sarah :)
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am reading Barbara Kingsolver's latest, "Flight Behavior". Enjoying it so far. Before that I read and really enjoyed, "The Last Runaway" by Tracy Chevalier. I have read all the books she has written.
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    BUMP
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    Bump
    :smile:
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    Animal Farm btw....