What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• SpiritBunny
    SpiritBunny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Trying so hard to get through a YA novel I started reading against better judgment (usually I read Dickensian classics). It's called 'Bleeding Violet', and it started off with a bang, so I was thinking I'd fly through it. But now I am about 3 chapters away from the end and it's become a chore. :\
  • quinnzellah
    quinnzellah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've not read any of the Divergent novels (or books, whatever is preferred to call them) but started out FOUR and like it. I might give the other ones a go as well.
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Smirnoff65 wrote: »
    Was very sad, Jimmy Perez is a very likeable character and you really felt his sorrow.

Ann Cleeves 'Vera' series is very good too if you haven't tried them, love the TV series too with Vera being played by the fantastic Brenda Blethyn

Yeah, I tried to like Vera but to me she is a really disgusting character that I don't enjoy reading about (after living with a person like that for the most part of my life, some things just hit too close to home).

Honestly, I downloaded Thin Air but haven't started it yet because another great find got in the way: Don't look back by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I just can't put it down!

SpiritBunny, I think I read Bleeding Violet a while ago but for the life of me can't remember anything about it! I don't believe I got to the end because what I read on Goodreads about the ending doesn't sound familiar at all lol! If you like books about the south I highly recommend Sarah Addison Allen. Garden Spells was fantastic, and The Sugar Queen was also very good. I'll download some more of her books now, Lost Lake sounds really interesting. :smile:
  • Arianera
    Arianera Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    About to finish Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
  • Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Pictures of the Mind: What the New Neuroscience Tells Us About Who We Are
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Just finishing Stephen Kings new book Revival, typical King, great storyteller.
  • Arianera
    Options
    Just started Old Man's War
  • oORosadaOo
    Options
    As Thin Air is more of a quiet book I read it before bedtime.

For occasions where I need to stay awake I am reading The One by Heather Self. :smile:
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just finished Amy Poehler 's Yes Please. It was an enjoyable read, but I don't feel any closer to Amy Poehler than I was before I read it. Should you read it? If you have disposable reading time, sure. OK that sounded a bit harsh and I'm not trying to be. A good book, just not as deep as I'd like.

Speaking of not too deep, I'm spending the rest of my holiday vacation reading Christmas romances.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started Valley Of Strength by Shulamit Lapid.
    I'm enjoying the characters and storyline. There is a fair amount on conditions and relationships in that Galilee area of early Israel that I am unfamiliar with. It's very interesting,
  • cdh2015
    cdh2015 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Death Without Company by Craig Johnson. It's the second Longmire novel. Not sure how many people are familiar with the show. It's pretty much a western book set in modern times in Wyoming. They're really good. I would definitely recommend any of his books if you like Westerns. I love them myself.
  • oORosadaOo
    Options
    I'm currently reading multiple books because I can't really get into any of them:

Relativity by Cristin Bishara
    Thin Air by Ann Cleeves

and still, for 4 months, Leonard Cohen, una biografía by Alberto Manzano. For that I need my 5kg dictionary, not comfortable to carry with me so it's lying around and collecting dust. :grimacing:
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I recently finished "Left Behind" on the recommendation of a friend. Didn't like it. Characters are wooden and two-dimensional. Writing is terrible. A shame, too, because it's an interesting premise.
  • Arianera
    Options
    Been on a bit of a reading spree over the holiday break. In the last week or so I have finished:
    Old Man's War - John Scalzi
    A Time to Dance - Padma Venkatraman
    Thirteenth Child - Patricia Wrede
    Working Stiff - Judy Melinek & T.J. Mitchell
    Smile - Raina Telgemeier

My current audiobook is: The Heist by Daniel Silva
    My current print book is: Into The Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Happy New Years Reading

Ari
  • janmclark_10768
    Options
    I finished Angels Walking by Karen Kingsbury & now
    I am reading David Wilkerson:The Cross,the Switchblade and the Man who Believed
    By Gary Wilkerson.
  • iwishihad
    iwishihad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes. It's technically a kids book, I guess, but a good book is a good book regardless of who it's written for.
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I loved the movie but the book isn't moving fast enough for me :(
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up The Stand.
  • RosesandRadishes
    RosesandRadishes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    half way through Sphere by Michael Criton
  • Bri_Wags90
    Options
    I am currently reading the Sookie Stackhouse novel series by Charlaine Harris. These are the books that the TV show, True Blood, is based off of. I'm on book 7 which is called, Definitely dead. So far I love this book series and highly recommend it. Especially if you like supernatural stuff.