What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Just finished A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. Highly recommend it.
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Fiction - The Rosie Project and The Secret Keeper - both very good!

Non-fiction The Market System - not so good
  • biancad_1992
    biancad_1992 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just started 'The Devil Finds Work' by James Baldwin and I'm already loving it!
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes

One of the best debut novels I have read in a long time, only started it last night and I am instantly drawn in to it.

The Blurb;

Can you commit the perfect crime?

Pilgrim is the codename for a man who doesn't exist. The adopted son of a wealthy American family, he once headed up a secret espionage unit for US intelligence. Before he disappeared into anonymous retirement, he wrote the definitive book on forensic criminal investigation.

But that book will come back to haunt him. It will help NYPD detective Ben Bradley track him down. And it will take him to a rundown New York hotel room where the body of a woman is found facedown in a bath of acid, her features erased, her teeth missing, her fingerprints gone. It is a textbook murder - and Pilgrim wrote the book.

What begins as an unusual and challenging investigation will become a terrifying race-against-time to save America from oblivion. Pilgrim will have to make a journey from a public beheading in Mecca to a deserted ruins on the Turkish coast via a Nazi death camp in Alsace and the barren wilderness of the Hindu Kush in search of the faceless man who would commit an appalling act of mass murder in the name of his God.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth. The Divergent series is so awesome!
  • biancad_1992
    biancad_1992 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I read the Divergent series over the summer and loved it. Rekindled my love of YA fiction!
  • ParamoreAddict
    Options
    I read the Divergent series over the summer and loved it. Rekindled my love of YA fiction!

Pun intended? haha It has for me as well. When I finish the Divergent series, I'll be reading The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner and a lot more books after that. Let's just say I have my queue in line for the rest of the year :)
  • foxxyroxy12
    foxxyroxy12 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Reading "The Revenge of Seven" by Pittacus Lore and "Big Little Lies" by Liane Moriarty. I have Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami but I am waiting until i finish the other two first. I read 1Q84 and found it strangely amazing!
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options
    Am really loving The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. Enjoying it, but life just keeps getting in the way.
  • Peggy0210
    Options
    Currently reading "Shadow Dance" by Julie Garwood. Its part of a series and this is book 6. I love love love Julie Garwood, I got hooked on her historical romances and now I'm trying to finish all her more modern current books. I did the same thing with Johanna Lindsay and Judith McNaught. All three are great historical romance authors. My favs :-)
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I just finished Deeply Odd by Dean Koontz Which was a great addition to the Odd Thomas series. He is such an interesting character and way of expression. I also recently finished Ape House by Sara Gruen (who wrote Water for Elephants). It was a really quick read, the story captured me quickly about Apes in a language study being sold to a reality show and the repercussions of that.

I have now started Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children by Ransom Riggs. So far it is pretty good, but still early in the book.
  • ParamoreAddict
    Options
    Time for Allegiant by Veronica Roth. The last book in the Divergent series; except for Four of course.
  • firststepformefal
    firststepformefal Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am reading Lady of Ashes by Christine Trent. It is set in the Victorian times about a woman who is an undertaker. Lots of interesting information about how the dead were handled at the time.
  • PDCandD
    PDCandD Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Walking Home by Clare Balding ... met Clare at Henley literary festival last year where she was discussing her first autobiography, and was surprised at how down to earth and quite funny she is! :-)
  • ipadded
    ipadded Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yellow Crocus
  • ulala424
    ulala424 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin and just started Panic in a Suitcase.
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Rekindled my love of YA fiction!

Monica Hughes is still the queen of YA fiction for me - I wish she was more widely read. And speaking of YA fiction, I'm currently doing a re-read of the entire Redwall series. Just finished Mossflower and didn't bring the next one to work with me so I have to wait.
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Abattoir Blues (DCI Banks book 22) by Peter Robinson, was away on holiday this week and read Personal (Jack Reacher #19) by Lee Child and Want You Dead (DS Roy Grace #10) by Peter James both enjoyable reads
  • Smirnoff65
    Options
    Just got Wilbur Smith's Desert God which is the 5th book in his Egyptian series, been waiting on this one for 7 years :happy: