What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Finished Miss Peregrine and I loved it (even though the rest of my book club did not) and I'm going to start reading the sequel. In the meantime, I'm listening to Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. I have a new job and I commute an hour each way by car so I figured I'd listen to audiobooks instead of trying to find something decent on the radio.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    'See How Much I Love You' by Luis Leante.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Currently Reading:

Clash of Crowns by George R.R. Martin -- 24% Done
    Frostbite by Richelle Mead -- (page 170 of 256)
    Murder on the Titanic by Jim Walker -- (page 285 of 487)
    Scarlet by Marissa Meyer -- (page 220 of 452)
  • 718elizabeth
    Options
    Currently I am reading "The Cold Nowhere" by Brian Freemen. It's ok. Johnathan Stride seems to have lost his mojo.

Recent books I finished are:
    Saints of the shadow Bible / Rankin, Ian..... love John Rebus
    Doing harm / Parsons, Kelly. ...new author great book
    The gods of guilt / Connelly,Michael....a let down. I like Harry Bosch better anyway
    Where monsters dwell / Brekke, Jørgen,...meh...maybe it was the translation, wasnt thriiled
    The silent wife / Harrison,ASA......interesting...characters were pretty self absorbed
    Fear nothing / Garner, Lisa...great
    Watching you / Robotham, Michael...if you have not read him and you like police procedurals...start at the begining
  • Napkanista
    Napkanista Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started on the new Christopher Moore book, The Serpent of Venice which is another spin on a classic Shakespeare play. I love his work so much, it's always well-researched, entertaining, and funny!!
  • Crystal_LDee
    Crystal_LDee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Currently reading the House of Night book series. I just finished Marked and Betrayed. Ordered Chosen, now just waiting for it to get here.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    I just started on the new Christopher Moore book, The Serpent of Venice which is another spin on a classic Shakespeare play. I love his work so much, it's always well-researched, entertaining, and funny!!

*GASP*
    I love his books!
    I own all of them (I had the new one before everyone else did - my friend works in a book store and got an ARC reading copy and gave it to me) <3 I need to get back into reading his books again!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You people are killing me! Every time I look at this thread, I add a ton of books to my "must read" list. Between working, logging food and exercising, how in the world can I get to them all?!?
  • been2boston
    been2boston Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just finished up The Goldfinch

Re-reading Mockingjay

In the middle of Mrs. Poe (that sounds wrong...)

:-)
  • LifeItself
    LifeItself Posts: 44
    Options
    Just finished the Harry Potter series.

Now reading "Becoming Odyssa" and "Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy."
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just started reading The Fault in Our Stars for the 2nd time. Preparing to see the movie next month. I'll be taking tissues with me lol.
  • hummingbrdhrt
    hummingbrdhrt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am re-reading "Walden."
  • blondie__0x
    blondie__0x Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying to finish all the books I've bought throughout the last few years (but never got around to finishing) before starting my new purchases. Right now I'm reading "the Ladies Lending Library."
  • seismicmuffin
    Options
    Well I finished TFIOS and, as expected, I cried my way through the last 1/3rd. Now I think I'll start reading Gone Girl again. Also in the middle of A Dance with Dragons.
  • blondie__0x
    blondie__0x Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well I finished TFIOS and, as expected, I cried my way through the last 1/3rd. Now I think I'll start reading Gone Girl again. Also in the middle of A Dance with Dragons.

How was 'Gone Girl'? I'm tempted to buy it for a trip later this summer. I heard a few reviews, but its not typically a genre I would go for.
  • iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I finished Allegiant yesterday... just started Hadassah One night with the King today. I have a nook and absolutely LOVE the free books that are available...I think I have around 20-30 in my library just waiting to be read!
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    Updated:

A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin (49%)
    Carrie by Stephen King (71%)
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The Last Full Measure. Better than Gods and Generals, nothing's better than Killer Angels though. Going to read Gen. Longstreet's autobiography next.

Yes, I'm on a civil war kick. After this I think it's going to be noir again.
  • seismicmuffin
    Options

How was 'Gone Girl'? I'm tempted to buy it for a trip later this summer. I heard a few reviews, but its not typically a genre I would go for.

I like it. Its not really a genre I steer towards either. I heard a lot of good things about so I got it for my Kindle. I enjoyed it, the twist about halfway through was pretty awesome. Looking forward to the movie so I want to read it again.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I'm reading A Storm of Swords (ASOIAF #3) right now. Love, love, love those books but it takes me forever to finish them and I expect I'll be reading this one for the next seven years. :laugh: