Options

Replies

• LifeItself
    Options
    OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Divergent books - Divergent; Insurgent; Allegiant. Left very unsatisfied with the ending.

Currently in the middle of The Hythrun Chronicles by Jennifer Fallon - Three books,
    Medalon; Treason Keep; Harshini

Next up is Willow by Wayland Drew, (yes, like the movie) and the three books that come afterwards - Shadow Moon; Shadow Dawn; Shadow Star. I can't wait.
  • LifeItself
    Options
    Reconstructing Amelia was great! Now on to The Edge of Nowhere by Elizabeth George.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    The first Harry Potter book. I've never read them but have seen the first movie a million times when my oldest was younger.
  • msbhavesalot
    Options
    Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys, was on a list of "great sci-fi books" :)
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys, was on a list of "great sci-fi books" :)

I love that book.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Now I'm on the second HP book.
  • virruth
    virruth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Rawhide.......story of the attempted assassination of President Reagan.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs :love:
  • JackiSto
    JackiSto Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I haven't decided what to read next, but in the past couple weeks I read "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Won't Stop Talking". "The Poisonwood Bible" and "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet". they were all good books, but the first two were truly great.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Starting 'A Walk to Remember' by Nicholas Sparks (Lithuanian translation) later today.
  • msbhavesalot
    Options
    Just finished Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, thought I'd read The Lost World as well :).
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Currently reading 2 books simultaneously - happens so rarely honestly

The King by JR Ward (new release, avid BDB LOVER!)

and

Mermaids in the Basement by Michael Lee - very intriguing, squeezing it in between books to read for review
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Started reading The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion yesterday. So.effing.funny. :laugh:
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Boys in the Boat, about the 1936 Olympic Rowing team. Really good. Now Im reading First Kill All Monsters, a Kindle freebie...
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I just started Bitten by Kelly Armstrong... It is an ok book. Not sure yet if I prefer the book or the TV series, but I haven't really been blown away with either of them.

I am also working my way through one on my Kobo called Diva Las Vegas... it was described as similar to the Stephanie Plum series. It is ok, but not as good as the Plum books by Janet Evanovich.

There's a tv series on the Armstrong books? Whats it called? What channel? Id like to see that...
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I just started Bitten by Kelly Armstrong... It is an ok book. Not sure yet if I prefer the book or the TV series, but I haven't really been blown away with either of them.

I am also working my way through one on my Kobo called Diva Las Vegas... it was described as similar to the Stephanie Plum series. It is ok, but not as good as the Plum books by Janet Evanovich.

There's a tv series on the Armstrong books? Whats it called? What channel? Id like to see that...

It is a Canadian production filmed in Toronto called Bitten which aired on the Space channel here in Canada... It finished last week. It may have aired on the syfy channel in the US.
  • Gsprout11
    Options
    A Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop in conjunction with re-reading Written in Red (Book 1 of the series). Also any Nalini Singh i can get my hands on while I wait for the next release. Debating on reading the Mistborn trilogy..any recommendations for that series?
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm readin Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs and I love it. After a couple of years of "meh" books, the last two I've read have restored my faith in current fiction. The other book is Goldfinch my Donna Tartt.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    The killing Dance by Laurell K Hamilton (book 6 of the anita blake series)
    The Shining by Stephen King