What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've been too busy this year to read as much as I usually do.

Currently reading Feverborn by Karen Marie Moning. Only my 16th book this year.

Recently finished FNAF: The Twisted Ones by Scott Cawthon & Kira Breed-Wrisley.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Well Dark Places was so good I pretty much read it strait through lol. Finished in two sittings haha!

Now reading Wild by Cheryl Strayed, I've seen the movie and was curious about the book. I have been reading a lot of very intense books lately so I figured a lighter read might be good!
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Wolf in White Van
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Democracy: Stories From the Long Road to Freedom by Condoleezza Rice, The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum and Pride and Prejudice.
  • theowlbox
    Options
    The Bards of Bone Plain by Patricia McKillip. It's fantasy and I love this author!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I've completed 2 wonderful books this week.

We Are Water by Wally Lamb (audio). A story of family relationships and dynamics. I haven't read Wally Lamb in years and this book told me I have to remedy that and read all his books.

Shtum by Jem Lester. Flawed people, all with a hidden story. Jonah is a character that grew on me. At times funny, at times sad, this is a really touching story.
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    Currently working my way through Phantom of the Opera. I love it and get frustrated by it at the same time! It can definitely be dull at points, but the story is so intruiging.

I remember when I was a very small child (probably 8/9 yo) that I was drawn to the Phantom when I saw the movie, I truly felt for him, which is really weird since I don't remember anything else from the movie and didn't really understand the plot other than I felt that he was lonely. This is why now nearly 20 years later I felt so compelled to read it, and to push through the pages that are less than exciting... so far it's worth it!
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    I'm about to finish Ghost Story, which really reminds me of It. Good, long read.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Does reading "The Joy of Cooking" from cover to cover count for this purpose? Not exactly a gripping page turner, but I am learning a few things.
  • theowlbox
    Options
    It totally counts. Share anything amazing. I'm a fan of the pumpkin bread though it's fairly awful for you.
  • nossmf
    Options
    I found most of the recipes would not be accepted by my kids, while a lot of them were simply not feasible anymore due to changing technology (version I have is copyrighted 1965). I did get to learn the different definitions of poached vs scalloped vs a hundred other kitchen terms I've heard but never investigated. Also found interesting the nutritional breakdown recommended, with 15% P 25% F 60% C, and there was an actually very interesting page showing common foods consumed along with approximate calorie intake which, in comparing online and via MFP, remained very accurate.

But I'm moving on to re-reading The Martian again.
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    I've been reading some of the female Thor comics recently.

Just started reading Midnight Jewel by Richelle Mead.

I won an advanced copy of Year One by Nora Roberts through Goodreads. I'll be reading that once it comes in the mail. I get to be an early reader and write a review. I've never read any of her books before. This one is a fantasy dystopian, so it sounds like something that I'll enjoy.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Working my way through the Ringworld series for probably the fifth time.
  • denversillygoose
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The Ritual by Adam Nevill. I just googled to make sure I got the author correct, and saw that the film opens in the UK today. I had no idea they made one, but it should be pretty creepy.
  • lunabellz
    lunabellz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For Halloween, I'm currently reading The Last Werewolf by Glenn Duncan. I'm on Good Reads and doing October challenges. Having a lot of fun.
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Currently reading A Poison Dark And Drowning by Jessica Cluess. It's quite amazing.
  • theowlbox
    Options
    Started: Ghost Stories for Darwin: The Science of Variation and the Politics of Diversity
    Book by Banu Subramaniam
  • WickAndArtoo
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Just finished Little Bee (was very unimpressed) and The Death Cure (was pretty good, but I felt it could have been better).

Currently I am trying to finish all my books that are on my “currently reading list” on good reads, regardless of if I lost interest or not :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Lots of good reading happening this week.
    I just finished Dead Ground In Between by Maureen Jennings, the author of the Murdoch series books. This series is set in WWII rural England and has good characters. This would make another good TV series.
    I also finished Glass Houses by Louise Penny. I like this series a lot but this wasn't the strongest installment. Ruth is a favorite character of mine.
    A couple of weeks back I finished Saints For All Occasions by Courteney Sullivan, a good family saga with family drama, secrets and immigration. I quite enjoyed it.

• lilithsrose
    Options
    Let's see... I finished Year One by Nora Roberts, A Court of Thorns & Roses and A Court of Mist & Fury by Sarah J Maas, and One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake. I haven't decided on my next book yet.