What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I finished Lincoln In The Bardo yesterday. A very unique and wonderful story.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    PaytraB wrote: »
    I finished Lincoln In The Bardo yesterday. A very unique and wonderful story.

I loved it! I listened to it on audiobook and it was a huge cast creating a chorus. Nick Offerman, David Sedaris, Susan Sarandon, Megan Mulally, so many great voices. It was really a wonderful story.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    I listened to the audio as well, theowlbox. It was great. I loved it, too.

I'm now reading House of Names by Colm Toibin and am loving it, too.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. The movie trailers caught my attention, so I decided to read the book before it comes out.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The Ruins by Scott Smith. I thought this one would be trash, but it's really unsettling and suspenseful.
  • theowlbox
    Options
    I just finished Silver Screen Fiend by Patton Oswalt and now I'm on to Easy Street, The Hard Way by Ron Pearlman. I read another book of Oswalt's but this one was pretty hard to get into unless you're a film nerd. (Which I am not.) I deeply love Hellboy so I'm interested to see what Ron Pearlman has to say. I saw the trailer for the Abe backstory and saw pics of that Stranger Things sherriff as the new Hellboy so I'm curious.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Currently reading The Book Thief. I was sure that I wouldn’t like it, but I have been unable to put it down!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »
    Currently reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. The movie trailers caught my attention, so I decided to read the book before it comes out.

I really enjoyed this one. It was fun.
    I hadn't heard there would be a movie. I'll keep an eye open. Thanks!
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Currently reading The Book Thief. I was sure that I wouldn’t like it, but I have been unable to put it down!

I liked this one, too. I'm glad that you've found you like it.
  • Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix
    Options
    Hello all! I'm new here. :)

I'm currently re-reading Magician: Apprentice by Raymond E. Feist. My goal is to finally read all the Riftwar Cycle books.
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options

I'm currently re-reading Magician: Apprentice by Raymond E. Feist. My goal is to finally read all the Riftwar Cycle books.

Hi! Good luck, I hope you get through them all! I have never read them, should I be?! I am about to re-read The Hobbit in the hopes of finally reading The Lord of the Rings!
    Faelwyn_the_Rising_Phoenix Posts: 372 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi! Good luck, I hope you get through them all! I have never read them, should I be?! I am about to re-read The Hobbit in the hopes of finally reading The Lord of the Rings!

Thank you! I read the first couple a long time ago and really enjoyed them. However life got in the way from me finishing the series. This time I'm going to buy copies of them as I read them, which is what I just did with Terry Brooks' Shannara series (though I haven't read the latest one that came out - I'm waiting for the softcover in February).

If you enjoy reading fantasy books I would highly recommend reading the series. :) Here's a link for the reading order: http://terrybrooks.net/books/reading-orders/
    Options
    @WickAndArtoo Whoops I put in the wrong link... :( Here's the right one. http://www.crydee.com/raymond-feist/reading-order/written
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through Mother by S.E. Lynes. It was a $.99 impulse kindle purchase, but it's really good and hard to put down.
  • theowlbox
    Options
    I'm halfway through Mother by S.E. Lynes. It was a $.99 impulse kindle purchase, but it's really good and hard to put down.

I love a cheap kindle read for 3 hours on a sat or a weeknight of insomnia.
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    @WickAndArtoo Whoops I put in the wrong link... :( Here's the right one. http://www.crydee.com/raymond-feist/reading-order/written

I love fantasy! Thanks for the link :)
    Options
    @WickAndArtoo You're welcome. I hope you enjoy them. :)
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Just started The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
  • theowlbox
    Options
    Just started Cooked by Michael Pollan. A nice switch for my sciency book clubs. This is a nice change from Hope Jahren's Lab Girl.
  • theowlbox
    Options
    Just started The Destructives by Matthew De Abaitua. Interesting book about AI.