What are you reading currently?

Options
1878889909193»

Replies

• Catfish_Fan
    Catfish_Fan Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Just now finishing The Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling.
  • FitMary202
    FitMary202 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

Is this your first time reading it, Doug? How fun!

I'm reading Kent Haruf again. Eventide.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    FitMary202 wrote: »

Is this your first time reading it, Doug? How fun!

I'm reading Kent Haruf again. Eventide.

I read them in 2013, so it has been a while. Still fun.

I am currently reading book 3 in the Bridei Chronicles by Juliet Marillier (fantasy) and Big Jack (in Death 17.5) by J.D. Robb (scifi crime novella).
  • FitMary202
    Options
    Finished Kent Haruf, Eventide and I'm starting Victim by Andrew Boryga.

@Catfish_Fan I'm not surprised you're enjoying Harry Potter a second time round. I read the whole series twice and some books three times (with my kids)!
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading Soul Taken by Patricia Briggs. I got over 210 pages to read by tomorrow and I'm a slow reader. Um, yeah. This is gonna be hard. 😅 I really hope I can make it.
  • FitMary202
    Options
    Finished Victim very quickly. An Ordinary Youth by Walter Kempowski is going much slower...
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    I'm currently reading Soul Taken by Patricia Briggs. I got over 210 pages to read by tomorrow and I'm a slow reader. Um, yeah. This is gonna be hard. 😅 I really hope I can make it.

Was it a library loan or a book club read or some reason you had to read so much in a day? I don't like to read longer books on a deadline because of this, library loans much over 400-500 pages give me a quota of pages to read each and every day and that makes it feel like work to get the book done in time. It reminds me of my summer class in college when I had to read Wuthering Heights in 3 days and I was disgusted because my friends were having fun with their free time and all I had time to do was READ.

I'm still reading The Well of Shades by Juliet Marillier and I am a bit bogged down because I have too many other distractions going on. I have to have complete concentration on my books or I can't follow the plots, I have to keep backing up to the chapter starts and rereading what I missed. I like the book well enough and it appears to be a 4 or 5 star read, it is me and my concentration at this point that is the issue.