Introductions

Options

Replies

• girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    A little bit about me, I am a mom to one sweet boy, engaged to a wonderful man, wedding set for August. I have lost over 110#, 50 of them last year alone. I have done everything, and MFP was the best for me. I find alot of great accountability here. I have gained a little this year, and am really struggling with the last 10-12#, and I figured, why not this?

I am, before a girl who lifts, a runner. I have run 2 half marathons and will be training for a full in the fall. I am not willing to give up running, one day a week of spinning, and one of yoga for this. I do not need to cometitively lift, I just want to get more strength to help me be a more athletic woman.

Feel free to add me.
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    A little bit about me, I am a mom to one sweet boy, engaged to a wonderful man, wedding set for August. I have lost over 110#, 50 of them last year alone. I have done everything, and MFP was the best for me. I find alot of great accountability here. I have gained a little this year, and am really struggling with the last 10-12#, and I figured, why not this?

I am, before a girl who lifts, a runner. I have run 2 half marathons and will be training for a full in the fall. I am not willing to give up running, one day a week of spinning, and one of yoga for this. I do not need to cometitively lift, I just want to get more strength to help me be a more athletic woman.

Feel free to add me.

Your weight loss is amazing! Very inspiring!
  • amber6108
    amber6108 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm amber I'm 25 and just got married. Currently not working because we are moving. I've had this book for a few months but haven't gotten very far into it. I'd like to lose about 6-10 lbs unless it turns into muscle. Looking forward to start reading this book today!
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm Marissa, I have been lifting for about 2 months now with no direction and just started phase one of NROL4W last week. I have a lot of weight to lose and am also doing cardio 5-6 days a week just to build my endurance and make sure my heart is healthy (bad hearts run in the family). I am turning into a runner and have done one half and just signed up for my next one so I will start training harder for that in a few months. Looking forward to seeing results and becoming stronger with this program.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just finished reading the book, getting ready to start the program and glad to find this group!

I'm 38 years old and mostly a SAHM to 5y/o twin boys. I also work very part-time from home. I have MS and PCOS, which keeps things interesting. I've lost about 30 lbs and am pretty much at goal weight now (7 lbs below my original goal). I took up running in Jan '13. I've done some 5Ks and recently a 10K and now want to focus more on lifting. I've never had much muscle and am doing a recomp now.
  • angiek123
    angiek123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I posted my own thread but thought I'd post here as well. I'm Angie, a 35yo SAHM of four (3 boys, 1 girl). I started lifting heavy in October 2013 and began NROLFW at the end of February. I'm really enjoying the program.
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey all. We joined a new gym and I started the program today. I'm 35, a teacher, married, and not new to strength training, having done Crossfit for over a year, but going it alone is new and different for me.

My abs are already sore from the prone jackknifes this morning!

I am excited to have the support with this group and am also on the FB group.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I just started NROL4W this week. Did the first two workouts. Trying to figure out how to incorporate it with HIIT and hopefully running but we'll see; trying to eat at maintenance, lift heavy and hopefully recomp a little.

I'm 38, married to an amazing man (who was an advanced weight lifter himself pre-heart disease diagnosis and back injury) and mom of 5y/o twin boys.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Hey girl(s) hey!!!

I (re) started NROLFW a couple of weeks ago. Today I begin the sets of 3 in stage 1. I am eating at a defecit because I'm trying to lose weight. The only thing I've noticed is some lower back pain from the deadlifts because my abs just aren't strong enough so I really have to focus on keeping my abdomen tight while I'm lifting. I'm excited to see myself in six months and compare the photos!!
  • CarynMacD
    CarynMacD Posts: 230
    Options
    Hi, I'm Caryn.

Current Stats:

Height: 5'4.5"
    CW: 164.6 Lbs
    GW: 132Lbs

Chest: 90cm
    Bust: 102cm
    Waist: 84cm
    Abdomen: 101cm
    Hips/Buttocks: 107cm
    Thighs: 67cm

My first day was yesterday, and this is what I managed:

10 Minute warm-up on eliptical
    Squat 2 x 15 (20kg) Note to self - too heavy, form was poor - decrease to 15Kg
    Push-Up 2 x 15 (Ladies Style)
    Seated Row 2 x 15 (10Kg) Too light - increase to 12-15Kg
    Step Up 2 x 15 (10Kg) Challenging, but fine for now
    11 Minute Walk/Run Cooldown
    Stretching

I can't wait for the first stage to be over....... I just want to see some progress.
    Prone Jackknife 2 x 8 Loved these, could have gone on all day
  • jenabeth32
    jenabeth32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Jenny. I'm almost 35, married with 2 girls, ages 3 and 6. I've got a lot of weight to lose- I'm 5'4" and weigh 220. I haven't always been heavy- in fact, I weighed about 120-125 from age 16 until age 25. I've tried various things but never stuck to them. I've actually done NROLFW stages 1-3 twice and loved it. Life got in the way- busy with kids, my mom had ALS and complications, etc. I'm determined to start the process again, beginning Monday!
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I plan to begin NROL4W very soon. I'm tired of being overweight and ready to tighten it up. :)
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've been doing the program and am about to finish stage 1. I tried it once before but was discouraged and didn't finish. I am determined to see it through this time. I will actually finish with my special workout B on new years eve and am very excited about stage 2. This is the first group I've joined too :)
  • ms_sally
    ms_sally Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm new to MFP, but definitely not new to NROLFW. I did it the first time two years ago. By the time I got to stage 7 I'd lost 12 plus inches overall, 2 dress sizes. I then dabbled in a couple of other programs for about a year. Then I did supercharged, loved it and lost about 6 additional inches. I'm sort of leveled out now, but I started NROFW again in Dec, I took off the week of Christmas and I'm now on stage 2.
  • mindful2012
    mindful2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi - I have been doing MFP since 2012 and ramped things up in June 2014 by adding health coach. I've lost almost 30 pounds and have recently begun to lift weights. I have ordered this book - NROLFW - and thus have not yet begun but have come to this group for advice, guidance and knowledge. I'm 39, two teens at home, full time job and a fabulous husband who already weight lifts and has a lot of knowledge that I can tap. I have plans this year for a 5k run in March, 5 mile run in May, 7 mile run in June (no, I'm not a runner, but I use these to help motivate me by setting goals) and a 50 mile bike ride for cancer in July. I also want to return to hiking as my husband and I did before we had kids. I have three peaks set for goals over the summer. Looking forward to a rewarding year for myself!
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have been strength training for a while and I have just now purchased the book. Cannot wait to read it.
  • jennhls
    jennhls Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jenn. I am 40 years old weigh around 142 and am 5'5". I am just starting NROL I am about half way through the first stage. So far I like it but it has been hard to cut down on my cardio. I like to run and I like to do half marathons. I also teach a HIIT class for the ladies in my neighborhood and don't feel like I can cut that out either. So I have been trying to cut down on my running a bit. Right now it seems like it is working out fine, but I was already lifting heavy before (just doing the wrong things), so stage 1 seems kind of easy and I don't feel like I am compromising my strength training by doing cardio. I will have to re-evaluate when I get to then next stages.

And when I say easy I don't mean the workout is easy and I do push myself and try to lift as heavy as I can and still do the reps. But it is very short and I am used to workouts that last at least 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours every day.

My goals are to lose a bit of weight. Not much I am most comfortable around 135. Mostly I just want to see some better muscle definition than what I have been getting on my own. So if I don't lose any weight that will be fine as long as my clothes fit like they do when I weigh less and that my body looks better in a swim suit. I also really really want to do a pull up. Even though I feel I have gotten a lot stronger in the past year adding heavy lifting into my exercise routine I still can't seem to get enough upper body strength to get that pull up done.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Paula. I am 62 years old, 5'9" and 145 pounds. I just lost 170 pounds (with surgery & learning) over 2 years which resulted in almost no extra fat and not too much loose skin, but lots of hard angles and bones.

It always seemed that losing weight would solve all my problems. Now it seems like getting some body tone will be the last step. But the truth is, theres always room for more, right? :laugh:

I started lifting weights in December 2013 but still feel like a beginner.

I am currently finishing Michael Matthews' "Thinner, Leaner, Stronger - The simple science of building the ultimate female body" and NROL4W is sitting on the shelf to be read next. I joined this group for guidance and companionship when I start the program.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi, new (again to mfp) have been following this forum as a lurker though for a while.

I'm 26, single, new(ish) to lifting, only done programs set by me or gyms before, so this is my first longer program. Im focusing mostly on increasing strength and building muscle atm, weightloss is planned for later in the year.

I did stage 1 twice as long as should have, and nearly finished stage 2. Can't wait to chat to you all about nrol4w, I'm loving it so far!
  • Kaleberry
    Kaleberry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - Just joined this group. I see people are talking about stages. How does one find and start at the first stage?