Online Dating

Options

Replies

• calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    @gupton82, Ive found that meetup.com is a great place to meet women. Its easier to meet women at art crawls, museums, conventions, shows, sporting events, and any other special events going on. The online thing is filled with way too many people trying to cheat, looking for sex only, or just bored.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    looking for sex only, or just bored.

And?

LOL just kidding!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    looking for sex only, or just bored.

And?

LOL just kidding!

lol
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I was actually looking around on a dating website last night. One major turn off, is when someone can't be bothered to type out relatively proper sentences in their profile. Same deal, when someone messages you with "hey waz up u look cute wanna chat". Right, I want to chat with someone who can't be bothered to put a tiny amount of effort in. Sigh.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    ITA Kit. I don't even reply to those silly "emails". It's not that difficult to think of something to say in regard to my profile or whatever. If I email someone, I will say something about the sports team the like, or workout they mentioned, or something light. It's such a small effort!
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I had mostly bad experiences. People are only looking for sex the majority of the time it seems, and when you are overweight and tell those guys no... they are less then friendly. I did have one great experience though and it made it worth while to deal with-we would have been together forever I think had it not been for an unfortunate event. I don't do online dating anymore though.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Its hard for guys to meet great women because there are way more men than women on there. But then again with my profile, no wonder why I never met anyone.

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=22749596

Your profile is amazing and your tiny little dog is cute!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I recently deleted my POF account because I was tired of the whole process. There are steps to online dating:

1) Diligently search out pictures of people you think are cute and interesting
    2) Send out a few feeler messages with your fingers crossed
    3) Read through the bazillion crappy messages where comments are made about your breasts (even though they aren't showing), your smile, their penises, etc.
    4) Reply to the few messages that seem genuine
    5) Talk on the phone or text with the prospective date for a week
    6) Go out on the date and be prepared to answer the exact same questions you have answered over and over and over
    7) Have the person tell you that he is very interested in you and he will call tomorrow.
    8) And the HUGE shocker, no follow up phone call
    9) Do this a few times until you realize that dating is not fun if you are jaded.

Ooops, do I sound bizarrely bitter here? lmao No really, that is essentially my POF experience. I decided that I am worth more than feeling the way I felt on POF. I need to work on me and if I meet someone, fabulous but at the moment, I am not ready to brush off the hurts that happen along the way. Maybe I will do it again when I am more comfortable with me.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    I recently deleted my POF account because I was tired of the whole process. There are steps to online dating:

1) Diligently search out pictures of people you think are cute and interesting
    2) Send out a few feeler messages with your fingers crossed
    3) Read through the bazillion crappy messages where comments are made about your breasts (even though they aren't showing), your smile, their penises, etc.
    4) Reply to the few messages that seem genuine
    5) Talk on the phone or text with the prospective date for a week
    6) Go out on the date and be prepared to answer the exact same questions you have answered over and over and over
    7) Have the person tell you that he is very interested in you and he will call tomorrow.
    8) And the HUGE shocker, no follow up phone call
    9) Do this a few times until you realize that dating is not fun if you are jaded.

Ooops, do I sound bizarrely bitter here? lmao No really, that is essentially my POF experience. I decided that I am worth more than feeling the way I felt on POF. I need to work on me and if I meet someone, fabulous but at the moment, I am not ready to brush off the hurts that happen along the way. Maybe I will do it again when I am more comfortable with me.

At least you got emails lol... Very rarely did anyone email me first, or even read them when I emailed. My friend gets like 5 new people a day. Kinda a blow to the self image.
  • Meghan0116
    Options
    Really? From girls? Most of the guys I talked to said they never got messages. They had to do all the contacting.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    Really? From girls? Most of the guys I talked to said they never got messages. They had to do all the contacting.

Yea from girls. I've had a few here and there. But not with the consistency that he does, and he's not even good looking.
  • Meghan0116
    Options
    Interesting. Maybe his profile is really clever? Really clever and witty profiles always had me sending messages regardless of looks.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    Interesting. Maybe his profile is really clever? Really clever and witty profiles always had me sending messages regardless of looks.

I think the thing is he's fully sleeved in tattoos. So he's the proverbial bad boy. His profile is poorly written and he can barley construct complete sentences, at least written sentences.
  • Meghan0116
    Options
    Yep, it's the tattoos. lmao Not all girls are smart.

I also had a rule of not responding to anyone with bad grammar or who couldn't differentiate between your and you're. I swear, I am not a snob. ;)
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options

I also had a rule of not responding to anyone with bad grammar or who couldn't differentiate between your and you're. I swear, I am not a snob. ;)

May see kinda of bad but I dated a girl a little bit and stopped because she couldn't spell the word awesome. I spent 10 years trying to teach my ex wife that lettuce wasn't spelled letus. I had to raise my standards.
  • Meghan0116
    Options

May see kinda of bad but I dated a girl a little bit and stopped because she couldn't spell the word awesome. I spent 10 years trying to teach my ex wife that lettuce wasn't spelled letus. I had to raise my standards.

LMAO I have to know, how did she spell it?

Please tell me you are joking about the lettuce.
  • PedmomJill
    Options

I am this way too! A guy just emailed me this morning and said he's "devorsed".

Seriously. Not replying.
  • Meghan0116
    Options
    bahaha devorsed????? No wonder.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options

LMAO I have to know, how did she spell it?

Please tell me you are joking about the lettuce.

Nope she really spelled it "Letus," she's now attending classes to become a teacher.
  • Meghan0116
    Options
    Hopefully her spelling has improved. She must just be really good with phonetics. lol