What size shoes do you wear?

Options

Replies

• that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    6'1", I wear a men's 13. If I could find women's shoes in my size, I think I'd be around a 14.5 since the size 15s I have in my closet are a bit too big, and 14s are too small.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    5'9" at least a size 10
    preferably 10.5-11 but it's hard to normally find anything over a 10 in stores
    For running shoes I try to buy at least one size larger (11)
  • juliew3
    juliew3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and wear somewhere between 11 and 12, depending on the shoe - which is why I never order shoes online. I have to try them on first. For athletic shoes, I usually just get a men's shoe size 10 because they seem to fit better.
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a size 10.5, my walking/running shoes are one size bigger. Sometimes I can get away with a 10, like in my flip-flops.
  • bestbreakfast
    bestbreakfast Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5'9.5 and wear a size 10
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Sigh. An 11. Gym shoes, 12.

The shoe stores around here stop at size 10. I guess size 11 is too grotesque to stock. There might be a few, hit or miss.

And, I have a narrow foot. Apparently, if you have big feet, the assumption is that you are shaped like Fred Flintstone. I can never find running shoes narrow enough.

I order shoes on line, hit or miss. Frustrating.
  • nanlmille
    nanlmille Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and used to wear 10 Slim back when I was young and thin. Nowadays I need 11 medium. Shoes are really tricky to fit. I confess I have a lot of shoes I never wear because they really do not fit well. :\
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    A little under 5'10" and I wear a US size 9.5.
  • 2morrowisanotherday
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I wear a 14. 100 lbs ago I wore 13.5. My feet might be bigger because I am wearing men sneakers. I did have a baby 2 years ago today and that may have contributed to the growth. I wore a size 12 when I was 12 and I wore a blue stripped uniform to school. My mother took me to a men's shoe store and I had to wear red snake skin type shoes it was horrible. I hated not having shoes like other girls. It is still very hard to find shoes but since transexual and cross dressers came on the scene there is more of a selection... anyway it can be worse I could be feetless

• 2morrowisanotherday
    Options
    keyoun2014 wrote: »
    I am 5'9" and I wear a 14. 100 lbs ago I wore 13.5. My feet might be bigger because I am wearing men sneakers. I did have a baby 2 years ago today and that may have contributed to the growth. I wore a size 12 when I was 12 and I wore a blue stripped uniform to school. My mother took me to a men's shoe store and I had to wear red snake skin type shoes it was horrible. I hated not having shoes like other girls. It is still very hard to find shoes but since transexual and cross dressers came on the scene there is more of a selection... anyway it can be worse I could be feetless

• jenndee11
    jenndee11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and was wearing a solid 10 in most brands until last year. After losing 85 lbs. I'm in a 9 in regular shoes, 9.5 in gym and hiking shoes. It's odd now to be able to walk into pretty much any store and be able to find comfortable shoes. I'm very much used to not finding anything and spending weeks online...
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and wear 9.5 to 10 size. I have large muscular calves, so I cannot find high boots, unless they are wide-calf which is annoying!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    5'10" and I wear a US 9-9.5 at the moment, regular width. My German dance shoes are size 6.5. My dance shoes from Spain and Latin America are mostly not marked with size.

I have the opposite problem that most of you do--my feet are shrinking, as are my hands, due to a medical issue. Thank goodness I don't have a lot of shoes...but replacing a good pair of dance shoes alone can be $200-300. :(

My big fit issue is that I have super-high arches. This is partly genetic and partly from years of dancing.

I think of myself as having large and very muscular legs, but I don't have a problem finding boots that fit my calves.
  • melissacurry04
    melissacurry04 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and I wear an 11 or 12
  • carrieream
    carrieream Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    6' shoe size 12. I've been getting my athletic shoes from Joes New Balance Outlet. Anybody have a great source for large size shoes? Most stores where I live only go up to a 10.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    long tall sally!!! everyone needs to buy their shoes from there. I wear a size 12 and they have an amazing selection and reasonable prices considering they carry some big name brands. They also carry up to a size

ca.longtallsally.com/c/tall/footwear

I always used to be in mens sneakers until I found this store - now I have boots, heels, flats, sandals, everything that is adorable and girly that I thought was only meant for people with "normal" feet.
  • jove102
    jove102 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    5'11 1/2 size 12 #thestruggle
  • Natataliee
    Natataliee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a US size 11! I'm 6' tall
  • _tierachanel
    _tierachanel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I wear a size 10-11 depending on the shoe.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I used to always wear a size 10... 9.5 in open toe shoes.

As of about a year ago...good luck getting into a 10 in anything...Im a solid 11 now.

Ever notice...the bigger the shoe, the more glitter involved?! What is up with that?!