Stage 1

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    AAAaaaaaggggghhhhh! My computer crashed and the helpline guy advised a factory defaults restore. Completely forgot to back up my training log, so guess what? It's gone! I really couldn't remember the weights I'd been on, so I just had to use trial and error to guess at them all. I was to the point of failure on most things, but still finding the crunches way too easy. Otherwise was as follows (workout B):

Note to self: Sometimes a notebook is better.
  • samntha14
    Options
    did it again ugh!
    Same thing happened to me just yesterday. I lost everything on my hard drive. Luckily I have a little book where I write everything down while at the gym. Old School pen and paper comes n handy sometimes LOL I feel your pain.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Quick question, When you calculate your weight for squats and dead lifts are you adding the 45 lbs of the bar? For instance, Right now I'm at 20 lbs on the bar for a total of 65lbs for starting workout A5.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Quick question, When you calculate your weight for squats and dead lifts are you adding the 45 lbs of the bar? For instance, Right now I'm at 20 lbs on the bar for a total of 65lbs for starting workout A5.

Yes, count the bar.
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I just finished reading the book today and will do my first workout on Monday. I've been working out with a PT for a couple of months and he has me doing some of these same exercises already so it shouldn't be too much of a change, just more intense. Can't wait.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing their calorie intake? I'm still trying to figure it all out :-)

I think I'm going to have to break down and head out to buy the actual hardcopy. Downloaded it to my Kindle, which I think may have been a mistake since I can't quickly refer back or forward to information.

I agree. I have the Kindle version and I don't like it.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    So impressed with how well everyones doing! I'm super impressed by all the strong ladies in this group :-)

Excited to do third workout of Stage 1 tomorrow! Those prone jackknives kick my butt, and I love every minute of it!
  • kmorris246
    Options
    How is everyone doing their calorie intake? I'm still trying to figure it all out :-)

I think I'm going to have to break down and head out to buy the actual hardcopy. Downloaded it to my Kindle, which I think may have been a mistake since I can't quickly refer back or forward to information.

Me either! Which I'd had the foresight to think before clicking that button on Amazon- lol!
  • kmorris246
    Options

Me either! Which I'd had the foresight to think before clicking that button on Amazon- lol!
    Ooops! Meant "wish I'd had the foresight"
  • samntha14
    Options
    Well counting the bar, tonight's totals for WOA5 were squat 90, seated row 75, standard push ups, step-ups 45, Jack knives sets of 12. Going to feel that tomorrow. Knowing that I only had to do 10 reps mentally pushed me to add more weight. Loving this program!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Thanks @samntha14, for your empathy!

And I'm going to count the bar next time too.

I'm not aching one bit, and this makes me wonder if I'm just not lifting heavy enough. Does everybody think that aches are a good sign?
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    AAAaaaaaggggghhhhh! My computer crashed and the helpline guy advised a factory defaults restore. Completely forgot to back up my training log, so guess what? It's gone! I really couldn't remember the weights I'd been on, so I just had to use trial and error to guess at them all. I was to the point of failure on most things, but still finding the crunches way too easy. Otherwise was as follows (workout B):

deadlifts 30 kg (66lbs) + bar
    shoulder press 7.5 kg (16.5lbs) + bars
    pullover (for lat pulldown) 5kg (11lbs) + bars
    lunge 7.5 kg (16.5lbs) + bars TOO EASY
    SB crunches 7.5 kg (16.5lbs) + bar held on chest WAY TOO EASY

This was workout 4. I'll have to go through the whole trial and error thing again for A on Friday.

Note to self: Sometimes a notebook is better.

WOW - u can lift 30KG plus the bar so 50KG??

That's amazing I have just finished workout 7B and I can only deadlift 30KG including the bar!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    WOW - u can lift 30KG plus the bar so 50KG??

That's amazing I have just finished workout 7B and I can only deadlift 30KG including the bar!

Some of are on the home weight sets- my bar is only 6kg!! I count the whole lots together, doesn't matter how much is bar and how much is weight, give yourself credit for lifting the total weight.

The downside to these bars is they're only rated to about 50kg max, so once we get REALLY strong, we'll have to get better bars- and I can't find one in Bahrain :sad:
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    @MissMaggie...I'm always happy to feel the soreness; it means I'm getting stronger. I don't strive for that whole "2nd day after starting 30DS" crippled kinda soreness. But if I've been sitting for a while, then get up and feel some complaints from various body parts, I always smile because my workout wasn't wasted.
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I don't worry feeling sore or stiff after a workout, I focus on increasing my weight or reps or improving form each time I'm at the gym.

That's a victory :bigsmile: for me.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking in and catching up on this thread.

kelekat- your story with the trainer at LA Fitness just burns me up. You are contracted with them to get help, not to have that guy rub his ego in his face. You may not be able to get out of the contract but I would contact the manager there or probably better yet, their corporate office and let them know you are thinking of leaving a poor review (like on Google reviews). That will get someone's attention and at least get you a different trainer if it doesn't get you out of the contract. He's not representing their company well with that attitude. http://www.lafitness.com/Pages/ContactUs.aspx

I didn't experience a lot of muscle soreness during phase 1 but I increased my weights significantly over the weeks. Now that I'm in phase 2, I've been feeling some soreness again.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I'm sore today. Lower back and glutes. Awesome! I've learned to enjoy the soreness after a good workout. I don't get sore most of the time, but when I do, like today, it feels rewarding.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Brand new here. Just posted in the introductions and started State 1 on Tuesday. Wasn't too sore, but still trying to get set with where I need to be with the weights.
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Miss Maggie, here's the reverse of your crisis ... I left my notebook at the gym! Workout A5, here's what I remember:

3 sets / 10 reps of everything:
    Squat 45 lb (just the bar, ready for more next time)
    Push-up 12 each set at four steps on the step-up bench
    Seated row 70 lb
    Step up 15 kg dumbells at five steps on the step-up bench
    Prone jackknife 12 reps each set on the red swiss ball

Whew! :explode:

I have everything backed up on a spreadsheet at home, so it's not too bad, but I still hope the notebook is there tomorrow. I'm fond of that notebook.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    question for you laides about the seated row...i'm using a cable system with a short straight bar and i'm not feeling like i can get the range of motion i need to really squeeze my shoulder blades. what kind of bar are you ladies using? i was thinking of switching to something other than the straight bar...