Stage 1

Options

Replies

• MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Did workout 5b yesterday and man my glutes know about it today. Walking, sittting, going upstairs, all are uncomfortable; on the plus side my lower back aches less than last time so my back strength must be increasing :bigsmile:

Yes, it seems that when you hit 5, your glutes start really screaming! Two more of us just posted this above.
    6A tonight. Wish me luck!
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Did the first B workout last night. I definitely did not use enough weight on workout A. I feel it this morning! For anyone doing this at home, how did you do the lat pull down? I held dumbells above my head and used the same motion as a pulley machine. Just not sure if that was the right thing to do or not.
    Thanks!

I do the pullover since I'm doing this at home, too. I actually really like this exercise because of the range of motion it puts my shoulders through; being a desk jockey means I never move my arms above keyboard level. The pullover can be kinda painful if I don't warm it up A LOT but then it feels so good.
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I finished stage 1 yesterday
    Here are my starting weights and finishing weights

Step ups- 10lbs/22 lbs dumbbells (total of 44lbs)
    push up 45 degree/ all on the floor
    barbell bent over row (modified for no row machine) 10lb dumbbells / 80lbs w/ oly bar
    barbell full squat 10lb dumbbells/ 80lbs w/ oly bar
    Prone jackknife- could barely balance/ complete sets of 15 w/ no problem

Barbell Dead lift 45lbs (oly bar) / 105lbs w/ oly bar
    Dumbbell shoulder press 10lbs/ 25lb dumbbells
    wide grip pullover (modified for no lat machine) 10lbs/ 30lbs
    lunges 5lb dumbbells/ 23lb dumbbells (total 46lbs)
    exercise ball crunch- body weight/ 20 lbs overhead

I started the program weighing 155.5 and now weight 155- only loss of 1/2 pound

Inches lost

Neck 13.5 / 13 = loss of 1/2 inch
    Chest 38.5 / 36 = loss of 2.5 inches
    Waist (at widest) 38 / 34 = loss of 4 inches
    Hips 43 / 42 = loss of 1 inch
    Thighs 26 / 25.5 = loss of 1/2 inch
    Calves 15 / 14 = loss of 1 inch

My thighs and hips don't want to give in- LOL!!! I will win, on to stage 2!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Here are my starting weights and finishing weights

Step ups- 10lbs/22 lbs dumbbells (total of 44lbs)
    push up 45 degree/ all on the floor
    barbell bent over row (modified for no row machine) 10lb dumbbells / 80lbs w/ oly bar
    barbell full squat 10lb dumbbells/ 80lbs w/ oly bar
    Prone jackknife- could barely balance/ complete sets of 15 w/ no problem

Barbell Dead lift 45lbs (oly bar) / 105lbs w/ oly bar
    Dumbbell shoulder press 10lbs/ 25lb dumbbells
    wide grip pullover (modified for no lat machine) 10lbs/ 30lbs
    lunges 5lb dumbbells/ 23lb dumbbells (total 46lbs)
    exercise ball crunch- body weight/ 20 lbs overhead

I started the program weighing 155.5 and now weight 155- only loss of 1/2 pound

Inches lost

4 INCHES OFF YOUR WAIST????????? Amazing! And I'm right there with you on the thights. My thighs will be bigger than my waist before too long. Have fun in stage 2. Just finished my second stage 2 workout and it KILLED me!
  • MamaWannaRun
    Options

Inches lost

this is seriously fabulous!
    Way to go!
  • Fairieluv77
    Options
    Did the first B workout last night. I definitely did not use enough weight on workout A. I feel it this morning! For anyone doing this at home, how did you do the lat pull down? I held dumbells above my head and used the same motion as a pulley machine. Just not sure if that was the right thing to do or not.
    Thanks!

I do the pullover since I'm doing this at home, too. I actually really like this exercise because of the range of motion it puts my shoulders through; being a desk jockey means I never move my arms above keyboard level. The pullover can be kinda painful if I don't warm it up A LOT but then it feels so good.

I'm a desk jockey too. :) I'll be sure to warm up good before attempting.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    looking forward to 6B tomorrow!!!

Gonna try to move up to 105 on dead lift if my grip holds up! :)
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options

I do the pullover too, and I kinda love that it works the triceps. Mine are WEAK. I find this really works them hard. What warm up do you do to prepare for this?
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Not that I'm at the end of the stage by any means but did you weigh/measure before or after your week off?
  • Polly758
    Options

I do the pullover too, and I kinda love that it works the triceps. Mine are WEAK. I find this really works them hard. What warm up do you do to prepare for this?

At very least I do arm circles, down-dog, then a warmup set with 5 lbs. And lots of stretching over my head; I used to take dance lessons where I learned isolation stretches, but I have no idea what they're called. Basically put your hands up and reach like you're trying to grab something up there, tiptoes and everything, then keep the stretch up but put your body in a strait and sturdy line, and move your shoulder blades down in the back and hold it there. Feels real good.

Also you could lay on your back and put your arms up over your head, gravity pulls them down nicely... and to your sides... as I'm describing this I'm realizing I really ought to do this every morning :tongue: I have this feeling I could be lifting a lot more if it weren't for my tight shoulders causing discomfort.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    6B today!

Barbell Dead lift - 105lbs.. oh yeah!!!
    Dumbbell shoulder press - 15lbs dumbbells
    Wide grip Lat Pulldown - 90 lbs
    Lunges - 15lbs dumbbells
    Exercise ball crunch- with 25lb plate

Going on a work retreat mon-wed next week, dont think there is any gym equipment there.. so im gonna be missing a week pretty much..
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    YES!! I am done with Stage 1 - Just finished my AMRAP and was pretty proud of myself I am getting stronger for sure.

Status -

Squats - 25lbs to 35lbs
    Push-ups - All 30 degress to half 30 / half floor (still need to work op upper body strength)
    Seat Row - 70lbs to 160lbs - started too low for sure
    Step ups - using weight bench - 15lbs in each hand to 20lbs in each hand
    Prone Jacks - 8 to 20

Deadlifts - 20lbs to 35lbs
    DB shoulder Press - 15lbs to 25lbs
    Wide-Grip Lat pull down - 55lbs to 80lbs
    Lunge - 15lbs in each hand to 30lbs in each hand
    Swissball crunch - 15 with 25lb plate to 20 with 30lbs over head

Weight - 152 to 152 .........but
    Measurements - total of -2"
    Body Fat = 1% down
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Done done done with Stage 1. I did the AMRAPS this week and they were an absolute killer! Like can't sit down on the toilet seat kind of killer. :) Is everyone taking a rest week or plunging right into Stage 2. I'm scared of those Squat Press things.
  • airplanes00
    Options
    I am going right for it, if I dont take any time off until after stage 3 I can get through all three before my wedding, then I am taking two weeks off the week of my wedding and the week after, before moving into stage four. Congrats on finishing up, I hope it hurts to sit tomorrow for me, did the AMRAPS today, I love it when my body hurts I feel like I did it right.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Woo. I'm excited for y'all finishing up stage one! I'm gonna stick to my super long stage one even though I'm bursting with jealousy! and such great results, that seated row is amazing, airplane. I'm impressed. :)
  • airplanes00
    Options
    Thanks FunBun, I for sure started too low, but I was happy with 160lbs, I felt like I could hang with the guys when I pulled that up.

You'll get there soon, stage one was great, but it did get boring at the end. Good luck to you and see you in stage 2.
  • MamaWannaRun
    Options
    YES!! I am done with Stage 1 - Just finished my AMRAP and was pretty proud of myself I am getting stronger for sure.

Status -

Squats - 25lbs to 35lbs
    Push-ups - All 30 degress to half 30 / half floor (still need to work op upper body strength)
    Prone Jacks - 8 to 20

Body Fat = 1% down

SUPER GREAT JOB!
  • Polly758
    Options
    Is everyone taking a rest week or plunging right into Stage 2?

Maybe not a full week off, but maybe I will. I took an accidental unscheduled almost week off recently so I figure I've taken the longer rest...

Then again I have to scrounge around for some equipment before I can start, also.

Hmm.
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Status -

Squats - 25lbs to 35lbs
    Prone Jacks - 8 to 20

Body Fat = 1% down

SUPER GREAT JOB!

You go girl! You have some serious upper body strength if you can do 160 lbs on the seated row.. I am on my last week of Stage 1 and just now trying to increase off of 70 lbs. The row machine at the gym only increases in 10 lb increments so it made this difficult for me.. Congratulations. Terrific job.
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    At very least I do arm circles, down-dog, then a warmup set with 5 lbs. And lots of stretching over my head; I used to take dance lessons where I learned isolation stretches, but I have no idea what they're called. Basically put your hands up and reach like you're trying to grab something up there, tiptoes and everything, then keep the stretch up but put your body in a strait and sturdy line, and move your shoulder blades down in the back and hold it there. Feels real good.

Also you could lay on your back and put your arms up over your head, gravity pulls them down nicely... and to your sides... as I'm describing this I'm realizing I really ought to do this every morning :tongue: I have this feeling I could be lifting a lot more if it weren't for my tight shoulders causing discomfort.

Thanks so much for this. I'll be doing B4 tomorrow, and will definitely be using some of these before the pullover. :flowerforyou: