Stage 5 Questions

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• feelgoodnic
    feelgoodnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey, well done LuvTheCubs! Those are some great improvements. There's been no summer weather where I am unfortunately :) I hope you enjoy your vacation!

I'm noticing a difference in the BW matrix as well. Did Workout A3 today and did the first matrix in 3.51. I want to see if I can get down to 3.30 for the last workout. It's good to be feeling somewhat fit again, on my A1 workout just after a gym break I could only do one matrix and it took me over 6 and a half minutes! I was exhausted afterwards.
  • feelgoodnic
    feelgoodnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Workout 3B done today... only 2 left! Things really came together this morning. I've been struggling to get to 41kg on the lat pulldowns, and all of a sudden today I just sat down and banged out 4 sets of 4 reps x 41kg without a problem. Added 2.5kg to my romanian deadlift/barbell row today bringing it to 37.5kg... I REALLY want to finish on 40kg for that move, that would be a nice, even number :)

My gym schedule is going to be all out of whack next week but if everything goes well, this time next week I'll have Stage 5 completed!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    So, I just started Stage 5 today. I am really pleased with how I am doing with the weights, but there is still no way I can do a full 2 minute plank, and I am really bad at the body weight matrix. On the plank, I can do max 75 sec- and not 3 times, the third time I barely made 40. Doing it on an incline doesn't seem to help. On the matrix, I have no problem with the squats or lunges, but on the jumps I made it from 10 to 12 in stage 3, and started today stage 5 with 12. I did two sets of 12 - but there is no way I could do 24. Anyone else have these problems? It's kind of frustrating...
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So, I just started Stage 5 today. I am really pleased with how I am doing with the weights, but there is still no way I can do a full 2 minute plank, and I am really bad at the body weight matrix. On the plank, I can do max 75 sec- and not 3 times, the third time I barely made 40. Doing it on an incline doesn't seem to help. On the matrix, I have no problem with the squats or lunges, but on the jumps I made it from 10 to 12 in stage 3, and started today stage 5 with 12. I did two sets of 12 - but there is no way I could do 24. Anyone else have these problems? It's kind of frustrating...

I hear you with the planks. Just did Workout A on Saturday and got in two 90second planks and a 95 second plank. You just have to make sure you’re pushing yourself as far as you can! It should be hard :). I haven’t been able to do a complete matrix yet, either. Saturday I did 24, 12, 6, 6 and then 24, 12, 8, 8 both within 3mins. Again, I just push myself as hard as I can. I’m still sore!!

Have workout B scheduled for tonight :) – it’s the same exact exercise as stage 3B, right? with different sets/reps?
  • kathleennf
    Options
    I hear you with the planks. Just did Workout A on Saturday and got in two 90second planks and a 95 second plank. You just have to make sure you’re pushing yourself as far as you can! It should be hard :). I haven’t been able to do a complete matrix yet, either. Saturday I did 24, 12, 6, 6 and then 24, 12, 8, 8 both within 3mins. Again, I just push myself as hard as I can. I’m still sore!!

Have workout B scheduled for tonight :) – it’s the same exact exercise as stage 3B, right? with different sets/reps?
    [/quote]

Thanks!! Yeah the part I have trouble with is the jumping- so I actually figured it would be better to do fewer plain squats and lunges and try to do the same number of the jumps. I am not sure but it made sense to me. I did 12 on Saturday. so I will try really hard to do 14 on Weds (or Thursday - depending on how my day goes Weds). Today I did my first 5B workout. Sorry but I don't remember 3B and I left the book in the car :) but for sure they are all exercises we have done before. I had to do them all out of order because some guy was on the back extension thingy for a really long time...
  • kathleennf
    Options
    Hmmm IDK why it didn't put my quote as a quote - anyway thanks CourtnieMarie!
  • kathleennf
    Options
    You're right! 3B and 5B are the same except for the numbers. Wish I had noticed that- it would have made it easier to log! :laugh:
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Yeah the part I have trouble with is the jumping- so I actually figured it would be better to do fewer plain squats and lunges and try to do the same number of the jumps. I am not sure but it made sense to me. I did 12 on Saturday. so I will try really hard to do 14 on Weds (or Thursday - depending on how my day goes Weds).

That's actually a great idea! I'm going to shorten the plain ones tomorrow and try to get in more jumping ones.
  • kathleennf
    Options
    So I did 5A again today. Unfortunately pulled my anterior deltoid on the one arm dumbbell snatch so that kind of messed up a lot of the workout. The good thing, though, was I did better on the planks and body weight matrix. Just drank my protein shake and took some ibuprofen. Hopefully it will be better by the time this workout rolls around again Sunday or Monday.
  • kathleennf
    Options
    Good news- I'm better! Did yoga yesterday and 5B today. I guess no one else is in stage 5 right now :sad: