Stage 6 Questions (optional stage)

Options

Replies

• karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Michele - I'm so glad you were able to start A1. :) It definitely gave me more soreness in my upper body than any other stage so far, especially after the A workouts, and I felt it in my armpits too. I think it's the combined soreness from lats & chest at the same time? LOL.

split squat - I still don't really know the diff. bet. this and a barbell static lunge, but I liked them. :)

negatives - even at the end, without assistance, I'm nowhere near 20 seconds, plus it's awkward as hell to jump up there on the assist machine without the assistance knee pad. Even with the knee pad on 0 assistance is crazy hard (maybe 5 seconds, tops?).

lat pulls - I had to fiddle around with the weight in A1 too. Then A2, I was able to stay all at one weight, but in A3, A4, and A5, I had to drop weights between sets. The progressively shorter rests are KILLER!

pushups - I'm in awe of anyone who can do any T-pushups. :happy:
  • cpa8198
    cpa8198 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    B1 last night... I didn't alternate A1... I'm so used to A by itself, I didn't realize A has three parts. Those were not too bad.

Back extension... no surprise there

Incline reverse crunch --- AWKWARD... the model definitely made it look easy... I could barely lift my butt off the seat.

Onward!!!
  • cpa8198
    Options
    A2 check! (Saturday)

B2 + Zumba tonight!
  • cpa8198
    Options
    B2 - check!

A3 - check!
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Started Stage 6 yesterday, anyone else out there? It hurt to put on deoderant today :) haha
  • karensoxfan
    Options
    Started Stage 6 yesterday, anyone else out there? It hurt to put on deoderant today :) haha

I just finished my 2nd round of Stage 7, so I think I'm going to repeat Stage 6 starting Monday Dec. 10. I want to be able to do an unassisted chinup soooooooooo much!!!
  • jrreed1
    jrreed1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My lifting partner and I did the first workout yesterday and all I can say today is OUCH, don't ask me to raise my arms and don't make me laugh. I knew I would be sore, but this is ridiculous! I really enjoyed the workout, though. We played around with assisted chin ups after the workoutf using the band. I hope I can make it to an unassisted chin up by the end of this stage.
  • baxgilter
    Options
    Finished Stage 6 B1 today, I completely forgot how nice it is to be in and out of the gym within an hour, even with running on the treadmill for 2 miles. Woot!
  • karensoxfan
    Options
    jrreed - I hope the soreness faded fast. :)

bzxgilter - I forgot how nice it is to be in & out under an hour too.

I did S6, B1 today, and couldn't decrease my assistance on the negatives (I used 20 lb. today for 20 sec. each), and used 120 lb. for the pulldowns, same as when I finished S6 last time, but I went up to 75 lb. on the split squats, and did both sets of 10 pushups on the floor. They weren't deep, but they were on the floor! Now I can work on making them deeper, or go back to the Smith to add the pauses at the bottom.
  • mmtraining
    Options
    I did stage 6 A1 last wednesday and today (the following Monday) attempted A2 and my lats are still sore!!! I teach bootcamp in addition to my own personal weight workouts so I don't think my body had time to recover between workouts, but I could barely last 10 sec on the negative chin ups.
  • baxgilter
    Options
    I did stage 6 A1 last wednesday and today (the following Monday) attempted A2 and my lats are still sore!!! I teach bootcamp in addition to my own personal weight workouts so I don't think my body had time to recover between workouts, but I could barely last 10 sec on the negative chin ups.

you are half way there!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    NthnButMoonshine Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Started stage 6 today and was genuinely shocked. First go at the neg. chin up was 10 seconds. This was just me, a chair and the bar. No machine, no assistance. I thought for sure Id just drop like a rock. Subsequent attempts were 9 seconds and 6 seconds. Still better than I expected. UGLP was still a disappointing 75lbs. I came down with the flu two weeks ago and some how went 10lbs backwards on this in the week I missed at the gym. Barbell Split Squats 45x10x2, I can probably stand to add some weight here next go. Push ups are still a struggle for me. I did both sets with the assistance of a black and red band.

Felt very odd to be done in about an hour instead of a hair over 2. Looking forward to 6B!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Did 6B1 today. Loved it! So short and sweet, yet still kicked my backside. Got a good laugh out of myself with the reverse lunge with the dumbbell on the shoulder. I expected the burn to come from the legs like most lunge exercises. WRONG! My arm (holding the dumbbell) and my midsection were on FIRE!!! My legs could have done another couple sets easy. I likey!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Hoping to start Stage 6 Monday, if I can get to the gym and do 4B of Stage 5 today. I am so looking forward to 6.

Nthn, that's awesome that you were able to hold the neg. chin-up for 10 secs! I am not sure what to expect, but I like the sound of shorter workouts!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Hoping to start Stage 6 Monday, if I can get to the gym and do 4B of Stage 5 today. I am so looking forward to 6.

Nthn, that's awesome that you were able to hold the neg. chin-up for 10 secs! I am not sure what to expect, but I like the sound of shorter workouts!

Get it done and get over here! Its lonely in this thread! Stage 6 workouts are so short in comparison to 5. I kept checking my log and checking the book to make sure I didnt copy anything wrong and leave something out.
  • allikat819
    allikat819 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting stage 6 tonight. So excited! I'm really looking forward to a shorter workout. I overall enjoyed stage 5, but yeesh, the time was just getting insane!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    I'm planning on starting stage 6 tonight. So excited! I'm really looking forward to a shorter workout. I overall enjoyed stage 5, but yeesh, the time was just getting insane!

Yippeee!! More life over here!

Finished 6A2 this morning. Held the neg chin for 14 sec on the first go this time. Then 10 sec and 7 sec on subsequent sets. Threw some squats in at the end just for giggles and still made it out of the gym in under an hour and 15 minutes. Still seems so strange!
  • allikat819
    Options
    I would have liked to have done better on the neg chin up. My longest was a skimpy 6 seconds. Oh well, I guess that just means there's room for improvement!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    I would have liked to have done better on the neg chin up. My longest was a skimpy 6 seconds. Oh well, I guess that just means there's room for improvement!

I think 6 seconds is pretty darn good! You are right, lots of room for improvement, but I dont think 6 seconds is skimpy! Nice work!
  • allikat819
    Options
    I think relative to my body weight, 6 seconds really isn't too bad. I'm still overweight and working on that.

I'm feeling a little soreness tonight in my upper body from last night's session... I'm thinking tomorrow it'll be worse!

But to a degree I'm glad I'm feeling it, because it means even with the short workout, I was doing real work :)