Welcome!

Options

Replies

• aubreywhitlow
    aubreywhitlow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 21 years old and I have a 6m little boy :) I love him with all of my heart and soul. After he was born I immediately dropped below my prepregnancy weight and for some reason it all came back. Looking forward to working very hard to get this weight off of me xx
  • K10D2015
    K10D2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    24 year old single working mom of a beautiful 3 year old. I have recently dropped a good amount of weight but still want to lose about 10 more and tone. I have been stuck at my current weight for months now and can't get this last 10 off! Great at home workouts for stomach and legs are needed. Any advice and motivation is appreciated.
  • angeleyes4280
    angeleyes4280 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I am new to the group and relatively new to Myfitnesspal. I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids. I have suffered from an auto immune disease and fibromyalgia for over 5 years now. After many doctors visits, tests and aggressive procedures, I finally found something that has worked so well for me that I am finally able to get out of bed and actually live my life. I am now going to college full time and have started my own business selling the products that have restored my life. It Works has been an amazing company and has allowed me the freedom to be a stay at home mom and go to college, and most importantly, it has restored my health and vitality. I am on myfitnesspal to keep track of my journey and to make friends. I want to encourage others to pursue health and vitality. Please send me a friend request and let's keep each other motivated and encouraged.
  • JoHannahDenning11
    JoHannahDenning11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 23 years old with a 2 1/2 month old boy (first child). I'm losing the weight to be healthy and to be an example for my son. I'm also done with still wearing maternity pants (I refuse to buy bigger clothes when I'm so close to my pre-pregnancy clothes).

I've struggled with my weight since my teens and always came to failure in the end when it came to losing weight. I had a lot of health issues through my pregnancy from dropping exercise and my body struggled with the weight gain. I don't wanna have those issues to come up when I'm not pregnant. I don't wanna have the limitations of not being there for my family.

So I'm joining this group because I wanna get healthy but to relate to other mothers as well.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hi Moms! I'm a 38(ugh) year old mom of two boys (8,11). I have been on MFP for a few years now, but this is the first almost year that I have been logging on a daily basis and have been serious about it. I have been overweight since high school and it peaked in my 20's. I was at my heaviest at 275lbs. I slowly started eating better and joined Curves. I went to Curves for about 2 years and then couldn't afford it anymore and had to start working out at home. Flash forward to February, I had an endoscopic procedure done as part of a research study that I am participating in. In a year, I will find out if I had a non-surgical weight loss device placed in my stomach or not. As part of the study, my calorie goal is 1200-1500 and I need to aim for 10,000 steps a day. I just had my one month follow up and I have lost about 10lbs. I started the study at 212lbs and am down to 204 according to my work scales and 201 according to the study scales(there is a 3lb difference).
  • charity_3
    charity_3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Im new with myfitness pal and in this group. Im a mom of 3 and Im 40. Im also looking for new friends that can help motivate me.
  • ItsTimeForMe820
    ItsTimeForMe820 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am not new to MFP but I need to get serious. I have 2 kids with special needs, 3.5 and 6 and I weigh more now than when I went into labor!! I have 100 pounds to loose and I would like to do that, or most of it, by my 30th birthday in 11 months.
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    New to this group, but not MFP. I am 43 with three grown children. My son is newly married and 21. I also have 19 year old twin daughters. I divorced in 2014, and since then, my weight has crept slowly to almost 20 extra pounds. Looking to get that weight off and run my first full marathon in November. I need all the help and support I can get.
  • trayborn114442
    trayborn114442 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am a dedicated wife of twelve years with three wonderful children. I am a registered nurse and currently in school. I have been at my heaviest a month ago, 165. I have always been tall, but thin. Depression hit about six months ago and that is when I gained the weight. Now, I look at myself in the mirror and feel sick to my stomach. I am ready to get fit and feel healthy again.
  • cynzlim
    cynzlim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 32, mother of 1.

I'm just hoping to accomplish the following, one at a time.
    - keep up with my 1.5 year old, at least until she's 10.
    - get back in shape enuff to try for a second child before first born turns 2.5.
    - get fit enuff to climb mount Kinabalu with first born. I was supposed to try that but i got pregnant the mth before the trip.
  • manz_85
    manz_85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mum of 3 boys, work full time and life is as busy as ever! 3 wks ago I started a 12wk fitness challenge with my workplace to transform myself and become the strong fit woman I used to be. Over these past 3wks I have realised this is no longer called 'a challenge' this is called 'my journey'! A journey back to the woman I miss.

12mths ago I was cheated on by my partner. This took me through an emotional rollercoaster of anxiety and self doubt in so many ways. I left my job that I used to love, I started not caring about my body and I even lost friends because yep I took him back and tried to stay after the damage he caused our relationship and the damage on me. I am still with my partner but it is extremely hard to forgive and trust him now and I don't think I ever will trust him 100% again.

After taking time off work I started a new career and I am now thriving in my new job and absolutely love it!

In this journey I am building myself up to become strong enough to either stay & forgive him or i finally walk away knowing I deserved better! I am changing myself from the inside out! I used to be a PT and loved the way I looked but I stopped caring about me and started caring more about my damaged relationship. This time it is going to be about me! I do love him but I am starting to see that the love I gave him should have been given to myself instead.

Wish me luck!!!
  • izbugz
    izbugz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey im krystal, i'm 24 years old and have a wonderful 3 month old baby girl. Before i fell pregnant i was reletivly active, not so much healthy but i was not overweight. Now after pregnancy and having an emergency csection I really am not happy with my body so i have started counting my calories and exercising for the first time in my life. I think its going pretty well, I'm on my 7th day now. It would be great to chat to other women on here going through similer things! x
  • ZettyBibz
    ZettyBibz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 23, and I just had my first and last baby on April 8th. I'm a type II diabetic since I was 14, I have chronic back pain since I was 18 and I have high blood pressure since I was 16. I weighed 170 lbs pre baby and at 38 weeks I weighed 206 lbs. I went from a size 18 pants to a size 8 pants. Now my son will be 2 months next week and I weight 193 lbs. I just want to get back to 170 lbs and start from there again.I just don't know how to squeeze in cooking and exercise during the week.
  • nlespier
    nlespier Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Nina and I'm 38. I'm married (15 years and counting) and I have 2 beautiful kids. My son is 10 and my daughter is 3. I started gaining weight in my early 20's after my doctor at the time put me on antidepressants. In 1 year I had gained over 100lbs, yet my doctor never thought it was the medication. He would always blame me. I currently weight 278lbs and would like to be down to 160ish. I had gotten myself down to 205 a few years ago, but I did it the wrong way (pretty much starving myself) and I gained all the weight back plus some. Right now I'm teaching myself how to eat healthy and use portion control. I also have a lot of back and hip problems so exercising is not easy, but I try.
  • sweet_momma
    sweet_momma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a single mother and I have one son Trevor, who will be 7 this Saturday. I did not gain much weight when I was pregnant with him but steadily put on the pounds after he was born. I reached my all time highest weight about 2 months ago and decided that we both deserve better than this. He has such a beautiful soul and is the sweetest, most caring, all-boy I've ever met. It's not fair that his mother has to sit out sometimes because I can't keep up with him.

I've tried dieting before but always felt restricted and fell flat on my face with them. I started the first of this year with a whole new mindset and truly believe that I can achieve my goals, starting small, until I reach my ultimate goal of losing 135 pounds. I have been making better choices with the food that goes into my body, trying to exercise more (even if it is just walking around the block a couple of times), and not depriving myself. To date, I have lost 10.8 pounds and that little kick start has encouraged me to keep up the hard work and take the proper steps toward a better me.

I joined this group for the times a little extra motivation is needed, or possibly to help motivate someone else. It is sometimes refreshing and helpful to see that others are struggling too and that we don't have to go this journey alone. No matter what, I can be a strong woman and take back my life!
  • Lisamackenzie33
    Lisamackenzie33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa and i'm 38 yo. I've got two kids (16 and 9 yo) and I work full time as a practical nurse in the hospital. My eating habits got really bad and kind of let myself go over the years. I also feel tired a lot and i need a lot of changes in my eating habits. I'm trying to lose 50 pounds, i've already started and lost 7 pounds so far but need a lot of support and help, seems like i'm the only one in my family that's interested. Need friends if anyone is interested...willing to return the favour.

• kmelend1
    kmelend1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Karla, and I have two boys, 7 and 9 years old. I have always been above my healthy weight range, and am ready to get down to my healthy weight. I'm trying to lose about 30 pounds. I need some support and motivation. Please add, and we can do this together!
  • fehr7
    fehr7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a proud momma of 5. I am just starting my weight loss journey and have about 70 lbs. to lose.
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll! My name is Melissa and I am a mother of two, I'm married and I am active duty military. I am here on MFP once again because I'm tired of starting over. I am 30 years old and never been truly healthy. I don't consider myself over weight but I do have some extra weight that makes me look bigger then I am. I am 4'8'' and have a curvy figure so I tend to hold on to extra fluff. Anyway the reason I want to lose 15 lbs is because I want to be a healthy role model for my kids. I want them to always see how strong and active their mom is and want to be the same. :smile:
  • ascott8833
    ascott8833 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I am a mom of two awesome kiddos. I am wanting another in the future but I want to get healthy before I decide to get pregnant to stay in maximum health through out. I started a LCD Jan 6th and have love 12 lbs so far. I am hoping to loose about 50 more!