Drunk, bored, depressed
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    anxiety & STRESS
  • Sip3hey
    Sip3hey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Boredom, stress, depression, feeling void and empty inside, looking at the scale, when I see progress, when I feel deprived of sweet and/or salty foods. I'm addicted to coca cola. Rage. When I think about things that terrify me or make me angry. Looking at tv commercials or foods on pinterest. I crave gooey, cheesy, gravy-like foods. I believe my meds make me crave. Also, that time of the month.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Boredom, stress, happiness, and I've noticed that sometimes I'll sabotage myself if I've been doing well with eating and exercise. It's difficult to explain... I've never given much thought to specific triggers, as it seems like I just... always eat too much, and never something like carrots.

I have a twin, and we've both struggled with disordered eating habits (although mine is almost exclusively overeating and self-loathing), which makes me INCREDIBLY curious if something about our upbringing might have something to do with it? Funnily enough, our preferred foods are different. She LOOOOOOOVES sweets... meanwhile I always crave salty, savory foods.
  • crystaldancing69
    crystaldancing69 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Stupid treats on the staff table at work. My plan is to avoid the place....hard, when you have to go in to check your work box for mail....
  • ailatan17
    ailatan17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Stress, boredom, when I see my husband or another person eating. And last but not least when I do my weigh in and I have lost weight.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It's not really something making me want to overeat so much as I have always craved sugary foods (ever since I can remember), so part of my brain is always looking for excuses to go get something sweet.

Oh it's storming (I hate thunderstorms)
    Oh it's hot and muggy and my allergies are driving me nuts
    Oh my back hurts
    Oh I stubbed my big toe
    Oh someone pissed me off
    Oh I woke up not feeling so great
    Oh it's Saturday and I have nowhere to go and nothing to do
    Oh the stars are in alignment with Mercury rising and it's a full moon (okay fine, but the other ones are true!)
  • melpierre77
    melpierre77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the urge to eat whenever there is food. I am happy, I eat. I am sad, i eat. I am stressed, I eat. Its cold, I eat. Its hot, I eat.
  • MrsMcLaughlin2013
    MrsMcLaughlin2013 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am just a FOOD lover - I like to eat, everyone in my family does. But if I am sad/depressed I will go WAY overboard with it...as in entire bags of chips, entire cartons of ice cream, or sleeves of cookies.
  • PihlaLV
    PihlaLV Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party
    Im at a family get together
    I want to make myself feel better
    Ive accomplished something, overeating is like a "treat"

So yeah....I think thats pretty much it!

yesss! Totally me! oh and just before I start a new diet: ''eat now 'cause you can't tomorrow''
  • shroodle88
    shroodle88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Anxiety. Eating apparently calms me down. I guess I feel more solid on the inside. I've recently tried to identify the feelings I have whenever I feel the urge to eat when not hungry. It always seems to come down to some sort of low-level insecurity. Still doesn't mean, I always get around it, but it helps to take a few deep breaths and tell myself that I am nervous - not hungry.
  • Caylabwonder
    Caylabwonder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also overeat right after my weigh in, as though in my brain I've lost weight so clearly I can eat freely again! Which I know is not true. I also eat when I'm feeling anxious or stressed, I just stuff it in my face without thought then after am left going, "How did that happen!?"
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    shroodle88 wrote: »
    Anxiety. Eating apparently calms me down. I guess I feel more solid on the inside. I've recently tried to identify the feelings I have whenever I feel the urge to eat when not hungry. It always seems to come down to some sort of low-level insecurity. Still doesn't mean, I always get around it, but it helps to take a few deep breaths and tell myself that I am nervous - not hungry.

Exactly! I struggle with anxiety too, and I recently realized that I eat to avoid situations or tasks that create anxiety for me, especially at work. Trying to break the habit by diving right in & tackling it, which I can do on strong days, but working to handle tough days.
  • mdoljansky
    mdoljansky Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Break ups hahah
  • CC2435
    CC2435 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If I get really angry about something, and I'm already just a little bit hungry, I want to eat everything that I'm trying to limit like bread and sweets. For almost everything else, it's the opposite. Sadness, exhaustion, stress, happiness, parties don't cause the reaction like anger does.
  • idalooses
    idalooses Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 60 years old and just realizing how much food I eat for comfort. I eat when I'm bored, happy, sad, depressed, anxious, overwhelmed, or just plain ole bored! I've also realized that I am a sugar addict and I'm tempted every day to feed that monster within me! for the last 6-8 months I have been trying to contain and eliminate that feeling of need for comfort by doing something else instead of eating. most days it works, but occasionally I have to give in and then get back on boardll
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    For me I've noticed I overeat with stress and when I'm overly anxious. This happens mostly at work. I don't want to take medication, but if I keep gaining weight I may have to reconsider. I also realized that I'm addicted to sugar. HELP!
  • 6rilove
    6rilove Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Loneliness..
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    ailatan17 wrote: »
    Stress, boredom, when I see my husband or another person eating. And last but not least when I do my weigh in and I have lost weight.

this is so true for me!!! I find myself eating things I don't even want just because someone else is eating, most times I am not even hungry!!! This is insane!!!!
  • JALaReine
    JALaReine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I begin to overeat when I'm stressed out. I won't eat all day and then eat everything on sight at 1 a.m. smh